[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tyler Huntley in the Pro Bowl?

Butkus

On 2/4/2023 at 12:03 PM, gilthorp said:

I could only stomach 1 minute of the "activities" last night and turned it off after Huntley threw his 3rd pass. It was awful TV.

In total I probably watched about 6 quarters of playoff football. I wouldn't have watched the pro bowl activities even if I knew it was on and had nothing better to do.

Was flipping thru the channels yesterday and came across "the games". Oh boy was that entertaining watching guys catch an easy pass and run past the guy who knows how to tackle but can't grab a flag. 

Myles Garrett dislocated in some event. Not surprisingly some hack sports reporter posted a story saying it was "severe" in the headline but not providing anything that indicates it is of any real impact for him and the next season. 

On 2/4/2023 at 10:03 AM, gilthorp said:

I could only stomach 1 minute of the "activities" last night and turned it off after Huntley threw his 3rd pass. It was awful TV.

:bag:  

I watched most if not all of it.  Now, I was also doing "other" things (on my phone, doing laundry, etc.) while it was on.... but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at least partially entertained.  It was kinda fun to watch.

Most "all-star" games now are just fluff anyways.  At least they tried to get creative and it seemed like a lot of the events had a ton of kids attending, so hey... let them see these massive athletes up close without helmets on having some fun with each other.

:shrug: 

1 hour ago, darin3 said:

:bag:  

I watched most if not all of it.  Now, I was also doing "other" things (on my phone, doing laundry, etc.) while it was on.... but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at least partially entertained.  It was kinda fun to watch.

Most "all-star" games now are just fluff anyways.  At least they tried to get creative and it seemed like a lot of the events had a ton of kids attending, so hey... let them see these massive athletes up close without helmets on having some fun with each other.

:shrug: 

Yeah no it's a good point. We can be old codgers about it because it is ridiculous as far as real football but the reality is the old 11 on 11 real game format was a joke and getting worse by the year and they were losing viewers. If they had to keep it they needed to do something different. Huntley is the most egregious example but in general the many replacements diminish the prestige some, and many don't distinguish between "Pro-Bowl" and "All-Pro".

Edited by purplemonster

20 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

Yeah no it's a good point. We can be old codgers about it because it is ridiculous as far as real football but the reality is the old 11 on 11 real game format was a joke and getting worse by the year and they were losing viewers. If they had to keep it they needed to do something different. Huntley is the most egregious example but in general the many replacements diminish the prestige some, and many don't distinguish between "Pro-Bowl" and "All-Pro".

Good post / points. Definitely agree that the 11-on-11, more "traditional" format was tired and boring AF.  At least with the flag football concept it was fresher and more fun to watch.  Flag football is gaining a ton of popularity right now, and it allowed me to show my son what he is going to start playing next month.  He watches "regular" football with me a bit, so it was cool to show him flag since he'd never really seen much of it.