[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

D. Cook? Any ideas where he might land?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2023 at 5:26 PM, gilthorp said:

Jets will be everyone's darling pick this year now.

^A sentence never before spoken out loud. Anywhere.

Decent looking facility though.

That's a very early pic of the facility not long after it was first built.  They've added a lot, including covered stands for the fans, a VIP section (of course) and more.  I've been lucky to have been invited to events there with players and coaches throughout the facility. I grew up near Hofstra and would always hang out there when the Jets practiced.  You could just stroll in.  What a dump it was.  But it was "our" dump and I loved it.  Irony:  Hofstra doesn't even have a football team anymore.  Atlantic Health is as professional as it gets.  Gorgeous inside and out.  

27 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Cook should rise in value quite a bit now going somewhere where he can get the early season workload. And that could also mean less work for Hall when he's ready to play. 

No kidding! Hall just got screwed!

• 4 months later...
On 8/15/2023 at 9:12 AM, irish said:

No kidding! Hall just got screwed!

Looking back Cook signing with the Jets was the main reason I was able to walk away a National Champion in the NFFC Cutline this year.  It allowed me to wait until the 6th round to draft Breece Hall and Hall turned into a league winner in weeks 16 and 17 scoring 43 and 27 pts those weeks.

Edited by Henry Muto
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Wow getting Hall in the 6th round is surely a bargain, didn't realize he was going that low in redrafts let alone a big money contest like this. 

Hall was normally a 3rd round pick all summer then when Cook signed his price dropped.  Now remember the cutline is 10 teams not the standard 12 so 6th round cutline was like a 5th round normal 12 team league.  I got Hall at 5.01 in one of my NFFC online championship drafts and he carried me at the end to 63rd overall out of 4800+ teams too bad 63rd paid $0.  If you don't hit the nuts hard to make money in these National contests for the overall prizes.  I took Hall at 5.01 and Taylor at 7.01 as my top 2 RBs and I ended up finishing 2nd in my league.  Not too shabby another owner in my league called out my draft saying how crazy he thought it was for me to go my top 2 RBs for 2 guys not really helping me the first 4 weeks.  It was crazy but that is how I play crazy to try and win the big prize. 

In my cutline team that won it I also had Taylor and Hall but Taylor was my 3rd round pick (I drafted before he hit the PUP).  So my back was up against the wall here but since the first 10 weeks of cutline you don't have to put a lineup in (It is best ball first 10 weeks) I was able to survive this and ended up getting 2nd place in the regular season and was 204th overall (my 7th best cutline regular season team) go figure right.  My teams that were 9th and 31st and a few other top 100 teams fail to win the big prize but my 204th ranked team did it.  Just goes to show you just got to hit a the right time with the right players and Hall certainly was the right player weeks 16 and 17.

This team did not have CMC and this team did not have Cooper (and his 51 pts to get me to the final)  My other team had both that finished 4th overall.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Henry Muto said:

Looking back Cook signing with the Jets was the main reason I was able to walk away a National Champion in the NFFC Cutline this year.  It allowed me to wait until the 6th round to draft Breece Hall and Hall turned into a league winner in weeks 16 and 17 scoring 43 and 27 pts those weeks.

That's awesome!  It lowered his value and allowed you to steal Hall. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Henry Muto said:

Hall was normally a 3rd round pick all summer then when Cook signed his price dropped.  Now remember the cutline is 10 teams not the standard 12 so 6th round cutline was like a 5th round normal 12 team league.  I got Hall at 5.01 in one of my NFFC online championship drafts and he carried me at the end to 63rd overall out of 4800+ teams too bad 63rd paid $0.  If you don't hit the nuts hard to make money in these National contests for the overall prizes.  I took Hall at 5.01 and Taylor at 7.01 as my top 2 RBs and I ended up finishing 2nd in my league.  Not too shabby another owner in my league called out my draft saying how crazy he thought it was for me to go my top 2 RBs for 2 guys not really helping me the first 4 weeks.  It was crazy but that is how I play crazy to try and win the big prize. 

In my cutline team that won it I also had Taylor and Hall but Taylor was my 3rd round pick (I drafted before he hit the PUP).  So my back was up against the wall here but since the first 10 weeks of cutline you don't have to put a lineup in (It is best ball first 10 weeks) I was able to survive this and ended up getting 2nd place in the regular season and was 204th overall (my 7th best cutline regular season team) go figure right.  My teams that were 9th and 31st and a few other top 100 teams fail to win the big prize but my 204th ranked team did it.  Just goes to show you just got to hit a the right time with the right players and Hall certainly was the right player weeks 16 and 17.

This team did not have CMC and this team did not have Cooper (and his 51 pts to get me to the final)  My other team had both that finished 4th overall.

Thats funny what you wrote bc I stopped reading after I heard Hall and Taylor as RB's. You had virtually no production that first four weeks (which you later went on to explain). Its hard to remember now but with Hall coming off an ACl and meniscus, the Cook signing, etc he really got dinged by ADP and you took advantage. In retrospect perhaps we should have known he was the superior back at this stage.