[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Herbert agrees to 5-year contract extension

Big John

51 minutes ago, Shaft said:

He's going to make more in one year than the elite RBs can get in a multi year contract.

So sad for RBs, but unfortunately, they are too easily replaced, whereas, some teams can't even find a good QB and therefore, can't compete. You can pull a practice squad RB up and he could fill the hole and get 100 yards.  

9 hours ago, Shaft said:

Wow. He's going to average $52.5 million a year. 

Over 3 million per game!!  I'm happy for Justin.  I watched him play at Oregon.  What a talent and the coaching staff at that time Mario Cristobal and Co...wouldn't let him run the ball.  And limited his throwing options by ALWAYS running up the ass of our offensive line.  Glad Cristobal has moved on and we have a coach that is more willing to learn and get better.  Cristobal is too stubborn to learn from his mistakes.  Run first offense in his mind.  At Miami it will be the same as last year. Van Dyke will be limited due to the run...won't matter what OC Mario hires, it will always be RUN FIRST for Mario.  Last years offensive issues were blamed on the OC who Mario hired to run MARIO'S run first offense.  Mario is a micro-manager when it comes to the offense....we saw it first hand here at Oregon.  If Mario can get beyond his own stubbornness, then Miami could be a top team.  Otherwise Miami will always be a 8-4 maybe 9-3 team.  I watched Van Dykes interview on ACC Media Days...he has high hopes for his offense, as he should.  He feels this new OC is going to spread things out, but that's not what's going to happen.  Mario is a Run A & B gap kind of guy and unless he has, like I said, over come his own stubbornness, the offense will look the same as last year.  

Edited by devilwoman

17 hours ago, darin3 said:

That'll set the table for Burrow who'll probably make a smidge more, then eventually Mahomes who'll need 3 Brinks trucks to deal with his cash.

Mahomes contract runs thru 2031, that's another 9 seasons. Herbert and Burrow will be getting another new contract before he does. (Herbert is a free agent in 2030)

On 7/26/2023 at 3:30 PM, darin3 said:

That'll set the table for Burrow who'll probably make a smidge more, then eventually Mahomes who'll need 3 Brinks trucks to deal with his cash.

I think it might be more than a smidge since he's taken Cincy to the Super Bowl already, and Cincy is over the moon for Burrow.