[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Indianapolis Colts - Backfield Situation. Who is RB1 - Moss, Jackson or Hull?

Sivaro

8 minutes ago, Harrison Golightly said:

I think Hull, heard a little bit that he fits what they are gonna do. Catches the ball well out of the backfield etc....

He’s the sleeper that’s getting picked mostly in Best Ball drafts, and has been all summer. I just re-read the OP. I can’t say he will be their number one starting out.

Edited by Rekroot

Moss is supposedly the starter, but has not practiced in 4-5 weeks, he is also not the long term option.  D Jackson seems to make the most sense as he is more experienced and is a great pass catcher.   Hull seems like everything they need, solid pass protector, fast and is a fairly strong north-south runner that also has soft hands.

To me.

I would start Moss, have D jack as the pass catcher, I would then put in Hull after the game was won or lost and to spell Moss and Jackson.  He could supplant one or the other by the end of the year.

Hull could be the #1 next year with that trajectory.  He would also be a solid year end back for this year...could win leagues.

On 9/1/2023 at 12:38 PM, stevegrab said:

Seems like Jackson is the no brainer option. Nobody is going to do what JT did, but he should get a lot of carries for the first few weeks at least. A rookie RB with a rookie QB on the field isn't a great recipe. And Moss isn't an every down back. 

Agree all around.  For the record, with the new QB in Indi, I don't even think a healthy JT would be as productive as the old JT.  

2 hours ago, Big John said:

Coach is saying he will use a RBBC approach.

Makes sense.  Neither Jackson nor Moss is really an every-down back anyways.  That said, I'd rather have Jackson in my PPR leagues.  Moss will get short-yardage and probably most of the redzone looks.

1 hour ago, gallagorilla said:

hull will emerge as the rb1. best past catcher and blocker out of the 3. looked very good in pre-szn

Really?  I heard the exact opposite; as in, I'm surprised he made the 53 man roster.  Maybe I'm listening to the wrong people.  :shrug:

• 2 weeks later...