[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bijan 💩 💩 💩

creep

My opinion is the whole thing is a scam. I think Bijan was fine, and this is a Smith special to limit Bijan's touches. He talked about it last week a little bit, and he carried through on it yesterday.

Did Bijan look sick in that video? If it was Saturday night he felt the worst, why no report pre-game? If he was sick coming to the stadium Sunday, why did he dress? If he was so sick, why the one single carry out of nowhere in the 4th Q (trying to check some box - see he touched the ball)? None of it adds up IMO.

This was all a show to rest Bijan and keep him in uniform, so the Bucs had to prepare for the dynamic rookie. I have zero doubt in my mind that was the case. This is who Arthur Smith is.

My thinking is now that they have done this once and gotten it out of the way and given Bijan some rest, we don't see it again and Bijan goes back to 16-19 touches a game next week, but we'll see with Smith.

4 minutes ago, Chas98 said:

My opinion is the whole thing is a scam. I think Bijan was fine, and this is a Smith special to limit Bijan's touches. He talked about it last week a little bit, and he carried through on it yesterday.

Did Bijan look sick in that video? If it was Saturday night he felt the worst, why no report pre-game? If he was sick coming to the stadium Sunday, why did he dress? If he was so sick, why the one single carry out of nowhere in the 4th Q (trying to check some box - see he touched the ball)? None of it adds up IMO.

This was all a show to rest Bijan and keep him in uniform, so the Bucs had to prepare for the dynamic rookie. I have zero doubt in my mind that was the case. This is who Arthur Smith is.

My thinking is now that they have done this once and gotten it out of the way and given Bijan some rest, we don't see it again and Bijan goes back to 16-19 touches a game next week, but we'll see with Smith.

Yes. 

Some people (including in comments posted here) say he should was not declared inactive because that way the Bucs still need to prepare for him. If he had been declared inactive that morning, or on the list done 60-90 min before kickoff what can the Bucs change? 

Yes it is odd, and I'm sure it screwed some people. The NFL may investigate if they think there are shenanigans. 

It seemed that in the fantasy world everybody was so pumped that Bijan went to the Falcons because it was the perfect place. I traded Bijan away after week 3 and have not regretted it. What they are doing there with all that talent and then ruining it with that head coach makes no sense 

Edited by Finn5033
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Some people (including in comments posted here) say he should was not declared inactive because that way the Bucs still need to prepare for him. If he had been declared inactive that morning, or on the list done 60-90 min before kickoff what can the Bucs change? 

Yes it is odd, and I'm sure it screwed some people. The NFL may investigate if they think there are shenanigans. 

I disagree with your comments. It is all of the above. Keep the Bucs guessing, having them prepare as if Bijan was going to play. Having them be ready that he could go in at any point. Dress him just in case because he was really fine. On and on. With the goal of resting him so he didn't add more touches, which Smith alluded to earlier in the week. All of the above IMO.

Again, did he look sick? He said Saturday night was the worst, why? I think it was because he didn't look sick or act sick, so they cover by saying well, it was really worse last night, and you didn't get to see me then. Why the one random carry? Do the math on all of it. It is very clear to me. 

As for the NFL investigating, I would think they'll look into it, but it is difficult to prove, so I'd expect nothing to come of it.

Edited by Chas98
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chas98 said:

I disagree with your comments. It is all of the above. Keep the Bucs guessing, having them prepare as if Bijan was going to play. Having them be ready that he could go in at any point. Dress him just in case because he was really fine. On and on. With the goal of resting him so he didn't add more touches, which Smith alluded to earlier in the week. All of the above IMO.

Again, did he look sick? He said Saturday night was the worst, why? I think it was because he didn't look sick or act sick, so they cover by saying well, it was really worse last night, and you didn't get to see me then. Why the one random carry? Do the math on all of it. It is very clear to me. 

As for the NFL investigating, I would think they'll look into it, but it is difficult to prove, so I'd expect nothing to come of it.

Yes it was very clear that it was very clear to you in your prior post. People will not all agree with you, you are welcome to disagree with my comments. But maybe you should actually address my point, which was if it was a real issue that came to light Saturday night then declaring him inactive Sunday morning doesn't really allow their opponent to game plan differently, especially if that is the normal 90min window before kickoff. What changes would the Bucs make if he was declared inactive? Couldn't they make similar changes during the game as they see him sitting on the bench not playing? 

And I disagree. Your thinking is if they found out the night before, or day of, what could the Bucs really change or do differently. Again, I think the answer is all of the above. I do think the Bucs can make some tweaks either pre-game or in game, even if very minor, but that isn't the only reason why they would keep him active and not play him. 

A piece could be keeping the opponent guessing, a piece could be optics for the NFL, a piece could be in case of emergency break glass (meaning if they needed Bijan in an emergency). Could be other reasons. Again, all of the above. 

I will also add, teams play it close to the vest often. Which QB is starting, C, RB, SF, starting lineup, upper body injury, lower body injury, etc. Not just talking NFL, talking all sports. You act as if it is unheard of, and it isn't just because the other team can overhaul their gameplan, there is a mental games aspect as well. 

Here is the bottom line, he was so sick Saturday night, yet they said nothing. He was not feeling well getting to the stadium, yet they said nothing. He was sick in warmups, yet they said nothing. Sick at start of game, yet they said nothing. I wonder why...once again, all of the above IMO.

And for sure we can agree to disagree, all good there. No issues.

Edit to add - if your only point is a team cannot totally overhaul their gameplan last minute, I don't disagree with you. But IMO playing games with Bijan like Smith did is not just about the Bucs gameplan as mentioned. That may be a tiny piece of it, but it is bigger than that for all the reasons I listed above.

Edited by Chas98
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Finn5033 said:

It seemed that in the fantasy world everybody was so pumped that Bijan went to the Falcons because it was the perfect place. I traded Bijan away after week 3 and have not regretted it. What they are doing there with all that talent and then ruining it with that head coach makes no sense 

Their defense is very good. We wouldn't be having much of a discussion if that ad wasn't pretty swarming they would rarely put up enough points to win. 

We don't have a lot of info on this so most of us are guessing here. It seems plausible to me the way the Falcons handled it, sort of. He may have noticed it Sat and not said anything and just tried to play. This isn't unusual among football players. But was it just a headache, migraine? Cluster headache? Most tension headaches are not enough to keep a guy from playing football. Maybe Arthur Smith did use it as an excuse to keep him out most of the game, I don't know. It was a very winnable important divisional game however, so that seems like an odd decision as well.

I just don't think this is that complicated sadly, Smith is a joke with how he utilizes his players. It is that simple to me. Bijan should get 20-22 touches a game, and he doesn't. 11 touches yesterday, on the heels of a fake illness 1 touch game is a disgrace. 

On the season, Bijan is at 5.1 YPC, Allgeier is at 3.2 YPC - and yet Allgeier has 12 more carries.

Yesterday, 11 carries for Bijan and 8 carries for Allgeier: Bijan 5.6 YPC, Allgeier 3.9 YPC.

Even if you remove the + 20 carries for Allgeier in last week's fake illness TB game, that puts Bijan + 8 carries over the other 7 games, essentially Bijan gets 1 more carry a game on avg.

And yes, they pass more to Bijan, but even with that he should not have less carries than Allgeier overall, and avg only 1 more carry per game if you remove the TB game. There is no way to defend it or make sense of it. 

That is why the answer to any questions regarding this usage is simple - Arthur Smith. And I don't see why it would change now.

Edited by Chas98

• 2 weeks later...

I love the fact that Smith is getting ripped and commented on left and right about his usage of Bijan. Pretty much validates everything written here. Bijan averages 1.8 more YPC than Allgeier, and yet Allgeier has more carries.

The Falcons are 14/28 in the RZ, and Bijan only has 9 RZ carries this season. When asked about it, Smith gave the most ridiculous 5-minute longwinded nonsensical answer.

It is intentional by Smith, how he has used Bijan in the TB game and beyond, and he is clearly lost and does not deserve to be in the job he's in. It is sort of embarrassing for him now. I would expect he'll get fired after the season unless the Falcons win a bunch of games going forward. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Chas98 said:

I love the fact that Smith is getting ripped and commented on left and right about his usage of Bijan. Pretty much validates everything written here. Bijan averages 1.8 more YPC than Allgeier, and yet Allgeier has more carries.

The Falcons are 14/28 in the RZ, and Bijan only has 9 RZ carries this season. When asked about it, Smith gave the most ridiculous 5-minute longwinded nonsensical answer.

It is intentional by Smith, how he has used Bijan in the TB game and beyond, and he is clearly lost and does not deserve to be in the job he's in. It is sort of embarrassing for him now. I would expect he'll get fired after the season unless the Falcons win a bunch of games going forward. 

His ability to get the least out of Pitts doesnt go un noticed either. 

Rolling with Ridder?  A whole other thing.

Does he get the most out of London?  I think not.  

I think Allgier is actually an underrated RB.  That said, you nailed it above (bold).  You have Bijan.  Use him. 

• Like 1

You use the 4th overall pick in 2021 on Pitts, the 8th overall pick in 2022 on London, and then the 8th overall pick this year on Bijan. It absolutely is embarrassing how that offense is run. No excuse for what he is doing. It would be one thing if they were really good and winning but they are not. Forget fantasy football, it’s embarrassing real football.

I can see pounding Algier over and over again in the 4th quarter if they are up and trying to finish off a game. Besides that he should never have more touches than Bijan. He’s just a guy

Edited by Finn5033
  • Like 3

You are right on Pitts and London also - Smith is almost their leading receiver, which tells you all you need to know.

And I don't disagree on Allgeier, but he is at 3.2 YPC for a reason (Bijan is at 5.0 YPC). Not to say Allgeier shouldn't get some touches also, he should as you wrote. Bijan wouldn't get every carry, and you can also split Bijan out wide and get him involved in the passing game when you want to give Allgeier some snaps at RB - you know actually be creative. 

It is also comical how the team is at 50% TD conversion rate in the RZ (14/28), and you don't give Bijan carries there. You cannot make it up. And if you want to have some fun, go listen to the clip I referenced above of Smith trying to defend why no Bijan in the RZ, and limited touches. I have never heard such nonsense without a real answer.

All of it is laughable by a clearly clueless guy.

Edited by Chas98
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Chas98 said:

You are right on Pitts and London also - Smith is almost their leading receiver, which tells you all you need to know.

And I don't disagree on Allgeier, but he is at 3.2 YPC for a reason (Bijan is at 5.0 YPC). Not to say Allgeier shouldn't get some touches also, he should as you wrote. Bijan wouldn't get every carry, and you can also split Bijan out wide and get him involved in the passing game when you want to give Allgeier some snaps at RB - you know actually be creative. 

It is also comical how the team is at 50% TD conversion rate in the RZ (14/28), and you don't give Bijan carries there. You cannot make it up. And if you want to have some fun, go listen to the clip I referenced above of Smith trying to defend why no Bijan in the RZ, and limited touches. I have never heard such nonsense without a real answer.

All of it is laughable by a clearly clueless guy.

^ well said