[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OBJ to Miami

He is only 31, but I've finally gotten comfortable with ignoring him since his last season of any note was 2019. I'd guess that contract ends up being significantly less than $8M. I wouldn't bother with him personally.

2 hours ago, Riffraff said:

Wasn't Obama President the last time OBJ was relevant? Still living off his Eli days.

Why not have a thread for all 3rd-5th string WRs?

Damn!  

• Haha 1

I'm not saying he's going to return to the OBJ of old, but he did have 35 catches for 565 yards and 3 TDs (in 14 games) as the third option on a run-first Baltimore squad last year.

Move him to the pass-happy Dolphins and you could see maybe 50-60 catches for 800-900 yards and 5-6 TDs.  And heck if either Hill or Waddle go down with an injury those numbers could swell.

Worth a shot in pretty much all league but 8-teamers, IMO.

4 hours ago, darin3 said:

I'm not saying he's going to return to the OBJ of old, but he did have 35 catches for 565 yards and 3 TDs (in 14 games) as the third option on a run-first Baltimore squad last year.

Move him to the pass-happy Dolphins and you could see maybe 50-60 catches for 800-900 yards and 5-6 TDs.  And heck if either Hill or Waddle go down with an injury those numbers could swell.

Great best ball stash. 

2 hours ago, Shaft said:

Great best ball stash. 

Absolutely.  He may do nothing all season or he could be bye week filler or he could absolutely blow up if one of those other two WRs go out with a serious injury.

On 5/6/2024 at 12:05 PM, darin3 said:

Baltimore may be considered a run first squad, but they threw the ball 494 times last year, compared to 566 for MIA (about 15% more).  OBJ had those 35 rec on 64 targets, how many more targets does he need for another 15-25 receptions?  Would he get that many in MIA, with other talented WRs?  Their 3rd WR ranked 4th in targets with 38, behind Hill (171), Waddle (104) and TE Smythe (43).

He will get drafted in many leagues with 12 teams and big rosters, but I wouldn't expect a big jump in numbers myself. In fact MIA passing game target numbers don't show much room for him to get the same targets of last year.