[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 5 discussion

1fastdoc

That was one of the best TNF games I've seen. Happy for ATL. Side note, I take some credit since I sat Pitts tonight for the second time since drafting him with my 1.1. 

Edited by 1fastdoc
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, 1fastdoc said:

That was one of the best TNF games I've seen. Happy for ATL. Side note, I take some credit since I sat Pitts tonight for the second time since drafting him with my 1.1. 

Great offense thanks to putrid defenses. Bucs deserved to lose, terrible series after that INT, 24 seconds off the clock and backwards out of FG range. Game shouldn't have reached O.T.

10 hours ago, Yoyo said:

Great offense thanks to putrid defenses. Bucs deserved to lose, terrible series after that INT, 24 seconds off the clock and backwards out of FG range. Game shouldn't have reached O.T.

Agree with most of that (Bucs didn't do themselves any favors at the end), but not the part in bold.  I think "putrid" is a bit of a stretch. Sometimes you just have to give props to the offenses.  Cousins and Mayfield both played well.  And both defenses made plays... David's INT, Bates punching the ball out when ATL needed a turnover, etc.  It was also interesting to me that, while Cousins arguably had the game of his career (certainly his best in prime time), it was Tampa that did a much better job of putting pressure on the QB.  Won the sack battle 4-1, and QB pressures 11-1.  So, it's not like Kirk had an easy time of it back there.  He was on point all night (except the one INT), and made great throw after great throw when it mattered.  Even while under pressure. 

The other piece to this is that, while TB did get pressure on Cousins, they struggled on the back end.  Largely in part to being down both of their starting safeties for most of the game.  

On 10/4/2024 at 6:38 AM, Ramhock said:

Have Bijon in 2/3 leagues.  Waiting . . . waiting . . . 

Unfortunately, that's what you're going to keep doing.  I avoided him in all leagues in the 1st round because I knew he wouldn't be worth it. He wasn't last year either.   Allegier is a very solid back and is going to continue to siphon touches. 

On 10/4/2024 at 3:38 AM, Ramhock said:

Have Bijon in 2/3 leagues.  Waiting . . . waiting . . . 

42 minutes ago, irish said:

Unfortunately, that's what you're going to keep doing.  I avoided him in all leagues in the 1st round because I knew he wouldn't be worth it. He wasn't last year either.   Allegier is a very solid back and is going to continue to siphon touches. 

There was a lot of coach-speak preseason about increasing carries and using him in the slot. He still seems underutilized.

• Like 1