[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Julius Jones

Bombs Away

Although he's sitting on my bench, he has some nice matchups coming up. Nice burst, moves, speed, and some power.  Like to see him get some passes out of the backfield. :D

575579[/snapback]

He's not sitting on my bench....nice showing....

Ugly :D Tuna

Happy Thanksgiving Huddlers

True but he has shown he can take a hit and not put the ball on the ground. Parcells has shown he's going to feed him the ball. Also he's shown a real burst at times which is something you have or you don't...he appears to have it.

I didn't play him partially because I didn't see the game last week so I hadn't really seen him play, but I think he and Westbrook are my starters next week and for the playoffs if I get in.

I've watched him both of the last 2 weeks and he does look good. Even against Baltimore he showed promise, though the overall stats weren't that good...he was hit in the backfield on many runs but still managed to break tackles and show some burst.

The really promising thing is that after having carried 30 times last week, he comes back this week on only 3 days rest and carries for over 30 again, having a monster game in the process. Next week against Seattle doesn't look to appealing, but in week 14 he gets New Orleans at Dallas...that's about as nice a matchup as you can get. :D

Edited by Skrappy1

i started him due to no choice in 2 leagues.  nice results.  too bad about the shoulder injury, or he might have had a chance to give big ben a run for roy.  i'm cautiously optimistic however with the cowboys having no qb to at least keep opposing defenses honest.

575671[/snapback]

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Vinny back starting next week. If that's the case, I wouldn't say that Dallas has no QB...Vinny hasn't been the problem in big D this year.

vinny in all likelihood will be starting. from what i heard, henson only started because of vinnie's injury. jones has a much better chance of succeeding with testes in there. jones does need to work on his blocking a wee bit. can't have the old man getting blind sided because he forgot to pick up the blitzer.

i started him due to no choice in 2 leagues.  nice results.  too bad about the shoulder injury, or he might have had a chance to give big ben a run for roy.  i'm cautiously optimistic however with the cowboys having no qb to at least keep opposing defenses honest.

575671[/snapback]

I pulled him at the last second, because we all know about the unwritten rule "never bench your studs". It was Jones or Mcallister, I couldn't pull the trigger. Hopefully between Haslett and Brooks they won't stink it up. :D

I really liked J. Jones coming into the season. I drafted him as the number 3 back in three of my leagues. I had to cut him when he got hurt, but I did get him back in two of the leagues. If he had not gotten hurt, I wonder what could have been... :D

Edited by Wolverines Fan

The wierd thing is to see a Dallas RB that has some big time speed.

When was the last time they had that??

575638[/snapback]

You're right, they haven't had a back with some speed for quite a while.

I think Jones is only going to get better. I would love to draft him next year as a number 2 back.

I picked up JJ off waivers and started him with no risk this week as I have already clinched a playoff spot.

So I figured what the heck play him. Man nice game.

575788[/snapback]

In pre-season we got to see a few glimpses of him and the burst was pretty clear. Also he has pretty good hands which were not on display today. The downside from today was that he is not a very good blocking back...yet. The great thing to watch for is how he keeps his head down and eye's dart looking for the hole when he runs. Reminds me somewhat of another guy that used to play in Dallas not too long ago, but with better speed! If he stays healthy this guy could pan out to be a top tier running back in the future. Dallas is going to have to acquire a younger left guard/tackle to help him though.

I'm glad its worked out for all of you. For me the jury is still out, we'll see what Big Mac does against ATL. Worse case scenario I kept Jones out of someone else's lineup to be used against me. Best case is Big Mac gets 100 combined yards and 1 td, and I'll use Jones in my playoff push to alternate with DD and Big Mac. Either way, its all good! :D

Picked him up this week -- after what Edge did last week in Chicago I was tempted to start him, but couldn't pull the trigger -- played Edge. :D -- opponent had Manning. :D -- but I'm looking forward to that N.O. matchup. I agree that he'll at least get his touches as Tuna feeds him the ball.