[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Moss has to be hurt otherwisel. . .

CaptainHook

What was up with Moss today? I know he caught the TD, but was caught jogging on passing routes almost all game. Hammy still? The announcers thought it might be his back.

If you're hurt, and can't run your routes, shouldn't you let someone else be out there? I don't think you can say, "I'll take Moss at half speed", because we saw that today. It wasn't good.

He was pathetic today. I don't get to see many Vike's games, but when he's on national TV, he usually doesnt dog it the way he did today. If he not hurting, I am amazed that the coaches and his teamates put up with that. If he was hurting that much, he should have taken pine today. I am beginning to think he runs that team, not Tice.

Had to be hurting. He was blocking ok and just seemed to be locked up in the second half...

For those who say he should sit...who's going to go in? It's not like Marcus Robinson was doing anything...in a 3 wideout set, is it better to have Campbell in? I don't think so....

The penalties on the final drive killed the vikes and their defense again was a letdown, even with the pick.

What TRUE viking fan didn't think with 4th and 4 that they shouldn't go for it...was there any doubt that the vikes defense in a pressure situation would fail? It was over when they punted with under 2 min on the clock.

The vikes have to think differently...they need to think like the Colts. They need to score every series to keep loads of pressure on the other team and hope for mistakes. When they try to play conservatively, it ends up poorly in the end in most cases...

Oh well...

He was pathetic today. I don't get to see many Vike's games, but when he's on national TV, he usually doesnt dog it the way he did today. If he not hurting, I am amazed that the coaches and his teamates put up with that. If he was hurting that much, he should have taken pine today. I am beginning to think he runs that team, not Tice.

630294[/snapback]

I'm sure, Vikings fans would rather have him in there as a decoy, but I'm not sure how much the Packers were biting today. Yeah, I think a healthy Campbell, who could at least run full speed routes might be a better option. I just don't understand Moss being in there EVERY play if he can't even RUN the routes.

They showed two freakin' plays where he had guys on 3 sides of him and he really didn't have any where to go, so yea, he didn't bother to sprint somewhere else. The announcers make a big deal out of those two plays and you guys are all over what they said about those two plays. He was sprinting all out a couple plays later when Daunte tried to throw to him when he was double covered and they made the comment that the LB Bennet did a good job of dropping back to help cover him.

As far as replacing him with Campbell...that would have been tough to do since he missed the 2nd half with a concussion.

What TRUE viking fan didn't think with 4th and 4 that they shouldn't go for it...was there any doubt that the vikes defense in a pressure situation would fail? It was over when they punted with under 2 min on the clock.

Couldn't have said it better myself...that big run that was called back because of holding was the end of the game IMO...it was the second penalty in a row and having a 1st and 25 I just knew they would have to punt it and any more than 5 seconds on the clock spelled doom...It's so *** frustrating when you see it unfolding and all you can do is watch it and take it...I know the Vikes weren't a Superbowl contender and they will still make the playoffs but c'mon, two minutes left in a tie game at home with the championship on the line and all you can do is go backwards????

PATHETIC...

Never thought I'd say this but congrats Packers, you deserved to win the division this year...

They showed two freakin' plays where he had guys on 3 sides of him and he really didn't have any where to go, so yea, he didn't bother to sprint somewhere else. The announcers make a big deal out of those two plays and you guys are all over what they said about those two plays.

630415[/snapback]

It was more than just 2 plays, and several times he was jogging straight off the line before any help arrived. I think the fact that he caught only 2 balls says it all. . .

Edited by CaptainHook

He was blocking ok

630314[/snapback]

Unfortunately Randy wasn't blocking OK. His stupid offensive penalty killed at least one big play for the Vikings and probably ended up costing them, at the very least, 3.

(13:15) D.Culpepper pass to N.Burleson pushed ob at GB 20 for 22 yards (N.Barnett).

PENALTY on MIN-R.Moss, Offensive Pass Interference, 10 yards, enforced at GB 42 - No Play.

That one cost Vikes 22 yards & a 1st and 10 at the Green bay 20. Vikes eventually had to punt on that series, instead of possibly getting at least three.

Way to go Moss :D

Edited by Big Score 1

I don't think it's Moss' fault.  Burleson also only had two catches. 

630516[/snapback]

Actually Burleson would've had three catches for 132 yards except for dumb dumb Moss.

(13:15) D.Culpepper pass to N.Burleson pushed ob at GB 20 for 22 yards (N.Barnett).

PENALTY on MIN-R.Moss, Offensive Pass Interference, 10 yards, enforced at GB 42 - No Play

Burleson would've also had another 6 yards rushing except for the other dumb dumb Minny WR.

(8:06) N.Burleson left end to GB 32 for 6 yards (J.Thomas).

PENALTY on MIN-M.Robinson, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at GB 32.

Niether of those penalties were necessary.

If Robinson would've actually blocked, like Hines Ward does, he wouldn't have had the stupid penalty. Instead, the namby pamby grabbed the Defenders shirt and got flagged for the hold. :D

Moss and his penalty was even worse. It happened away from the play and was completely unnecessary. Drive killer right there. Probably cost the Vikes at least three, considering Burleson's catch would've gotten them to the Green Bay 20. :D

I'd still rather have him on my roster than any Indy receiver

630555[/snapback]

:D

Moss: 44 catches 701 yards 12 TD (officially missed 3 games, & parts of 3 others)

or

Harrison: 75 catches 969 yards 14 TD (no missed games)

Wayne: 71 catches 1051 yards 11 TD (no missed games)

Moss: 44 catches 701 yards 12 TD (officially missed 3 games, & parts of 3 others)

or

Harrison: 75 catches 969 yards 14 TD (no missed games)

Wayne: 71 catches 1051 yards 11 TD (no missed games)

631491[/snapback]

Pretty close stats for them playing 6 more full games.

Edited by WaterMan

Pretty close stats for them playing 6 more full games.

631496[/snapback]

31 catches 268 yards and 2 TD's are close? Colts haven't played today, so it's 5 games. And Randy played a half of 3 of those games.

Edited by CaptainHook

31 catches 268 yards and 2 TD's are close?  Colts haven't played today, so it's 5 games.  And Randy played a half of 3 of those games.

631501[/snapback]

Besides the catches, that's 1 good game for Moss and then an ok game to equal the yards and TDs.

Randy played a half of 3 of those games.

631501[/snapback]

And was an idiot for doing so. :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be honest, at the beginning of the year when drafting my team, if I had a draft slot that would've allowed me to pick either Moss or Harrison, I would've flipped a coin and been happy with whichever one I would've gotten.

Now in hindsight, Harrison is obviously the better WR to have this year. But who can predict injuries?

Edited by Big Score 1

Besides the catches, that's 1 good game for Moss and then an ok game to equal the yards and TDs.

631507[/snapback]

:D WaterMan defending one of the players he likes! B)

Yeah, besides the catches. :D

Randy Moss is great, no doubt. But to say you'd rather have him this year, is what I disagreed with.

:D  WaterMan defending one of the players he likes!  B)

Yeah, besides the catches. :D

Randy Moss is great, no doubt.  But to say you'd rather have him this year, is what I disagreed with.

631524[/snapback]

at the Draft, I had a choice: Moss or Harrison. I went with Moss and would do so again next season...