[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It is official, My wife now loves fantasy football

max

This year I wanted to get my wife interested in Fantasy Football. I thought, what a better way to do that than to get her involved in a league. Actually she got into 2 leagues this year.

In a 10 team local league she won it all.

In a 14 team local league (that has a week 17 championship) she started off 0-4 and turned it around and is now going to the championship game.

It is kind of bitter sweet. The bitter part is she did better than me in both leagues :D The sweet part is she now is very interested in fantasy football :D

I am proud of her and just wanted to share it with all of my fellow huddlers.

Before this the biggest turn around I got her to do was from listening to R+B and Rap music (when we first met) to listening to Punk and Rock music. I thought that was big. This is way better.

I am very lucky. She is the best thing to ever happen to me.

Edited by max

I can't get my wife to stop shopping long enough to get involved in fantasy football. You're a lucky man! :D

634607[/snapback]

Sounds like my life....My wife was dissappointed that I won 2nd instead of the Championship...why you ask...because the 1st place money was exactly enough for her to get her new curtains. Now she has to spend her Christmas money!

This year I wanted to get my wife interested in Fantasy Football.  I thought, what a better  way to do that than to get her involved in a league.  Actually she got into 2 leagues this year. 

In a 10 team local league she won it all.

In a 14 team local league (that has a week 17 championship) she started off 0-4 and turned it around and is now going to the championship game. 

It is kind of bitter sweet.  The bitter part is she did better than me in both leagues  :D The sweet part is she now is very interested in fantasy football  :D

634603[/snapback]

Come now, there's a hint of jealousy in your writting. Outdone by a rook, that's sad, but by your wife. Talking about bragging rights, you get to hear it all year long 24hrs. a day. Could be a real limp subject if brought up at the wrong time. B)

Edited by jgcoach

My wife has mostly accepted my FF addiction, and at least asks "who do you have playing?", but I think that's more a weak moral support for me than real interest.

Of course, like other fellas, the fact I've run in the black for all but one year we've been together most likely fans her interest a tad.

634603[/snapback]

Aside from my own li'l story, your a lucky man.

Unless she keeps whuppin' yer ass, then you'll probably end up abandoning ff within 2 yrs. :D

Aside from my own li'l story, your a lucky man.

Unless she keeps whuppin' yer ass, then you'll probably end up abandoning ff within 2 yrs. :D

636028[/snapback]

Abandoning fantasy football will never happen for me. I will always play.

The guy she beat in the semis is in a tizzy. Keeps going around saying "I cant believe I lost to a girl" ... The way he is handeling it is keeping her occupied. She keeps talking trash on him rather than the fact she did better than me this year.

Eventually I am sure she will take her shots at me too but that's what I get for losing.

Edited by max

Geez, I wish my wife liked football, even a little bit. She doesn't understand it and thinks it is too violent.

She did; however, buy me my Walter Peyton signature jersey on E-Bay for Xmas. That is a big turnaround, trust me. Getting her to watch or have any interest in fantasy football, or football for that matter, is going to be a lot tougher...probably near impossible.

I remodeled the kitchen with last year's winnings and built us a bed with winnings from the year before.  That pretty much got her on board for a while.

636158[/snapback]

I'll be able to purchase an electric can opener with my winnings. But since she wont be impressed with that I'll get a case of beer instead.

Up to this year I had won both my leagues for 2 straight years, which had kept her pretty quiet. This year I finished last in one and won the other one again. She told me, she was counting on that money again. I think as long as I keep getting something back she will be quiet about it.

She has suggested she might be interested in getting into one of my leagues if we needs someone. I haven't gotten any of the other guys to agree to it though, they don't seem to want a girl in the league. Maybe they are all afraid of losing to her.

This year I wanted to get my wife interested in Fantasy Football.  I thought, what a better  way to do that than to get her involved in a league.  Actually she got into 2 leagues this year. 

634603[/snapback]

:DB)

You're a lucky man indeed!! I keep chipping away. She watched the home team with GREAT enthusiasm this year. This coming season promises to be the year!! Gunna be great, I hope she takes it all....then she'll be hooked for life....wow, was that drugs I just sold?? :D:D

Edited by Turf Smurf