[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Will Gonzo get to 100 catches?

Marauders11

He has 88 receptions and if San Diego is resting everyone in the second half why not go for it? My concern there is that I have Kennison and I wonder if he'll be ignored in the effort to feed Gonzo?

:D

637466[/snapback]

12 is a lot of catches, I think he falls short.

The NFL record is 96, which leaves him 8 short at the moment.

I believe they will go for it. Something positive to end the season.

638228[/snapback]

Since wins no longer matter to KC, I think they will force the ball to him again this week, just to prolong their denial that Antonio Gates has supplanted TG as the top TE in the league.

Since wins no longer matter to KC, I think they will force the ball to him again this week, just to prolong their denial that Antonio Gates has supplanted TG as the top TE in the league.

638360[/snapback]

KC doesn't want to win so bad, they have won thier last 4 games. :D

Gates has 13 TD's and he is the end all be alll for TEs?? Don't get me wrong KC fans see Gates just like they see Heap, Shockey, Crumpler, Williams and all the other Gonzo wannabes. Gates has had a good YEAR. I'm sure those who have Gonzo are happy with his production this year as well. Yeah Green may force the ball to Gonzo since he will have 2 sometimes 3 defenders on him and he still produces one the best seasons for TE. Gates needs to produce his current numbers for the next 4 to 5 years. Until then all denial will continue as TG status has move into the elite legend level as he is well on his way to the HoF. Now tell me how do you supplant a HoF candidate?? :D

Edited by Moe4ya

Don't get me wrong KC fans see Gates just like they see Heap, Shockey, Crumpler, Williams and all the other Gonzo wannabes. Gates has had a good YEAR.  I'm sure those who have Gonzo are happy with his production this year as well. Yeah Green may force the ball to Gonzo since he will have 2 sometimes 3 defenders on him and he still produces one the best seasons for TE. Gates needs to produce his current numbers for the next  4 to 5 years. Until then all denial will continue as TG status has move into the elite legend level as he is well on his way to the HoF. Now tell me how do you supplant a HoF candidate??  :D

638364[/snapback]

Sounds to me like a homer is jealous of Gates' production. :D

Gonzo is certianly on his way to the HOF, but he still isn't Shannon Sharpe yet. B)

Sounds to me like a homer is jealous of Gates' production.  B)

Gonzo is certianly on his way to the HOF, but he still isn't Shannon Sharpe yet.  :D

638393[/snapback]

Oh no ya got me!! I'm a homer! How could you tell?? :D

Call me what you want but Gonzo is alot closer to sharpe than Gates is to Gonzo. And since I'm a homer Winslow Sr. set the bar for TE's not Sharpe. :D

Oh no ya got me!! I'm a homer! How could you tell?? :D

Call me what you want but Gonzo is alot closer to sharpe than Gates is to Gonzo. And since I'm a homer Winslow Sr. set the bar for TE's not Sharpe.  :D

638744[/snapback]

I agree with this assessment. Gates has had a good year, no question. But it seems every year we hear about the heir apparent to Gonzalez, and they fall by the wayside. Gonzalez IS the most consistent TE in the game today. And if you really watch the Chiefs play, Gonzalez is a great run blocker as well. A lot of people forget about that.

Time will tell on the others.

Call me what you want but Gonzo is alot closer to sharpe than Gates is to Gonzo.

638744[/snapback]

Given that Gates hasn't even played two full seasons yet, you're really going out on a limb there. :D

And since I'm a homer Winslow Sr. set the bar for TE's not Sharpe.  :D

Sharpe's numbers blow away what Winslow Sr. did. Sharpe's the standard against which all receiving TEs are measured...

Sharpe: 10,060 yds, 62 TDs

Winslow: 6741 yds, 45 TDs

And while I respect what Kellen "Horrible Failure as a Father" Winslow Sr. did on the field, Ozzie Newsome had better numbers, especially considering his era (7980 yds, 47 TDs).

As far as consistency I would say Todd Christensen had the best 4 year run of any TE.

His totals from 1983-86 of 349 catches, 4,394 yards receiving, 33 TD's and he lead the NFL in rec's twice. That's something I don't think any other these TE's can match............

Gonzo with 10 receptions now and 4:00 minutes left to play- if KC gets the ball back you gotta think they will feed him to get those last 2.  :bigshock:

639789[/snapback]

There is one.

EDIT: Now up to three.

Edited by Gunther

Given that Gates hasn't even played two full seasons yet, you're really going out on a limb there.   :D

Sharpe's numbers blow away what Winslow Sr. did.  Sharpe's the standard against which all receiving TEs are measured...

Sharpe: 10,060 yds, 62 TDs

Winslow: 6741 yds, 45 TDs

And while I respect what Kellen "Horrible Failure as a Father" Winslow Sr. did on the field, Ozzie Newsome had better numbers, especially considering his era (7980 yds, 47 TDs).

639010[/snapback]

Now you want to throw out stats and say Gates only has played a couple of years. Theres no limb, that was the point of my post!! Besides YOU brought up the Sharpe comparison. :D

I grew up watching Winslow Sr. so for me thats who is a legend at TE. I don't know anything about his paternal abilities, but I'm sure his family was comfortable. This all really doesn't matter cause any way you bring it, Gates does not belong in conversation........YET.

Edited by Moe4ya

Besides YOU brought up the Sharpe comparison.  :D

I grew up watching Winslow Sr. so for me thats who is a legend at TE

641210[/snapback]

:D

You're completely missing the point. YOU said that Winslow Sr. set the bar for receiving TEs and that's simply not true. Ozzie Newsome (and Ditka, to a lesser extent) did it before Winsolow. And Shannon Sharpe had the greatest career of them all.

Swerski, you should go on the Apprentice. Me thinks you could argue your way out of the board room each and every time. That being said I agree with your analysis of the TE position in general. You can't argue with Sharpe and he is the standard by which all TE's should be measured IMO.

Edited by Piles