[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pats just annouce that Ty Law is out

masslefty33

When you said:

The pats will actually be the healthiest they have been for this game. Seymour is walking around without a limp lifting weights. E.Wilson is fine, and Law will be starting. The bye week will be huge this week for them. If they were playing this week, then i would be worried. As far as Dillon, has anyone stopped him? In the first game this year, you did not have to face him. Do you really think that had no effect on the outcome? You should worry less about a proven QB (2 time superbowl MVP) crumbling and worry more about a rookie crumbling.  I gave Pitts its proper respect, but if i had to chose between the 2 coaches of both teams, i would have to go with the Pats

640471[/snapback]

I said:

I don't believe that Law and Seymour are fine.  We will see soon enough.

640825[/snapback]

I tried to tell you. . .

Edited by CaptainHook

Now i am not sure who is going to cover Keenan McCardell next week!!!!

646095[/snapback]

:D

In all seriousness, the Patriots were 8-1 for games they were able to gameplan without Law. The lone loss being a brain fart against Miami, where time management and INTs were the biggest problem.

This playoff is very wide open, and with the exception of the Jets, any team in the AFC can knock off anyone.

Will Pats backers complain "IF" they lose?.....of course.

48-16 plus 6-0 in playoffs (54-16) over the last 4 seasons, plus 2 Superbowls.

No exuses needed here.

You all worry too much. After Law went down the defense game up:

22 pts to Stl

6 pts to Buf

19 pts to KC

3 pts to Balt

15 pts to Cle

28 pts to Cin

29 pts to Mia (and 14 in a 2 minute meltdown)

7 to NYJ

7 to SF

Their defnse hasn't been stellar, but it has held it's own. They will play tough and be fine.

I agree, that this is not new news for the Pats. All the talk has been how the Pats are going to stop Manning and CO. But shouldnt the question really be is how are the Colts going to stop the Pats? But with that being said, I am a little bummed that he is not playing in the game.

But shouldnt the question really be is how are the Colts going to stop the Pats?

646127[/snapback]

Yes it should. I just don't see the Colts beating both the Pats and Steeler with that defense. Someone is going to dominate them with the running game and both the Pats and Steelers are capable.

I hope for Peyton's sake, assuming the Colts beat the Broncos, that they go on to beat the Pats. If the Colts lose to a team without its 2 best CBs, he may never live it down, whether its his fault or not or whether its fair or not.

I still think the Pats are a force to be reckoned with. Belichick can make a game plan like no other and Law being out is nothing new.

Just have Dillon run even more and keep the D off the field.

This is just going to supply some of the more annoying Pats fans an excuse when they lose to the Steelers in the AFC championship game.

That one little sentence should piss off SD, Indy and NE fans all at once.

646071[/snapback]

and with the last sentence, you managed to pick off broncos and jets fans as well :D

I still think the Pats are a force to be reckoned with.  Belichick can make a game plan like no other and Law being out is nothing new. 

Just have Dillon run even more and keep the D off the field.

646141[/snapback]

I know Belichick is considered a genius and with his success rightfully so, but a few quick touchdowns in an Indy/Pats game will do wonders to completely throw his game plan out the window. Then it comes down to execution and really takes the genius head coach almost completely out of the game.

Edited by NAUgrad

When you said:

I said:

I tried to tell you. . .

646060[/snapback]

Well, could be worse. At least the Colts will be eliminated before the Pats have to face their vaunted passing offense!

Don't fret Pats fans! :violin:

This is just going to supply some of the more annoying Pats fans an excuse when they lose to the Steelers in the AFC championship game.

That one little sentence should piss off SD, Indy and NE fans all at once.

646071[/snapback]

You forgot to use your new tag "bitchslapped" though.

I know Belichick is considered a genius and with his success rightfully so, but a few quick touchdowns in an Indy/Pats game will do wonders to completely throw his game plan out the window.  Then it comes down to execution and really takes the genius head coach almost completely out of the game.

646187[/snapback]

A few quick touchdowns? 3? You aren't asking for much to derail the game plan?! :D

Execution has been a Patriot buzzword since Belichick arrived. I think this will be another good game!

What's that noise?  Sounds like a dynasty crumbling!   :D

646130[/snapback]

What's that noise? Oh, nothing. No jackhammers, no "beep-beep-beep" sound of tractors and dumptrucks backing up....that's because you sad-sack mule fans are still waiting for the construction of your dynasty to even start. Shoulda been here by now, right? Hm. :D

But I tell you what: we'll loan you a few hammers this offseason and see what lil' Peyton can do with 'em. Don't want to overload him too quickly with the big, heavy tools Belichick & Co. have used the last few years. He might get intimadated, or hurt himself. Let's first let him try to hammer a nail straight in the playoffs for a change and we'll then see if he's man enough to handle the big stuff. B)

Thus ends the stupid construction analogy, basically advising Colts fans that they should keep nice and quiet until they actually win something. And Swerski, I invite you to join my sigline bet with Capt. Hook, assuming (1) the mules beat Denver and (2) Hook's accepted (he was a little sketchy before, I'm sure he'll come running reeeeeeal fast now that Law's out).

Edited by msaint

Don't get all high and mighty now, msaint. :D

I don't want to make the bet with you until after the Colts vs. Broncos game. Call me superstitious.

I've known Law was out for a long time, so this changes nothing in my feeling on the Colts chances.

Looks more and more likely that if there's ANY year Payaton will ever beat the Pats, it will be this year with the injuries and the emphasis of the illegal contact rule allowing QBs all over the league to have career highs in almost every stat.

Don't get all high and mighty now, msaint. :D

I don't want to make the bet with you until after the Colts vs. Broncos game.  Call me superstitious.

I've known Law was out for a long time, so this changes nothing in my feeling on the Colts chances.

646575[/snapback]

I know, I know...I'm just trying to draw you out, sort of like that crazy dude taunting the Warriors to come out and plaaaaaaaayyyy-aaaayyyyyyyy. Then again, that guy got killed in the end by Cyrus' gang. Never mind. :D