[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why all the Patriot Haters?

masslefty33

As for the original question:  Why all the Patriots Haters?

My reasons are obvious.  :D

649227[/snapback]

I'm begining to love the rivalry Captain. Can't wait for Sunday!!!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I simply do not understand why fans of certain QB's take such pride in who that QB is dating.  WHAT DOES IT MATTER???? 

649227[/snapback]

I think it's just a reaction to all the "He carries a man purse, so he must be gay" charges....basically, people are saying, "Oh yeah? He wakes up in a pile of naked supermodels every morning, so I doubt he's gay." Whatever. I agree that it's a moot point in regards to football, and dating hot women didn't make Couch or McNown better...certainly not dating the same hot woman, in their case B) I've admittedly mentioned the skanks like Tara Reid myself on occasion in response to all the dopey non-football-related ways opposing fans try in vain to bash Brady because they've really got nothing else to hang their hats on, what with his two rings and two SB MVPs and all. I'm sure that, if Indy or Pitt wins the big one this year, we Pats fans will be making fun of Peyton's "Deliverance" squeal-like-a-pig accent or Roethlisberger's six-dollar haircut all off-season. :D Why? Because we'd be jealous that some other team had a *** good QB who took them to the promised land.

Now, to the Great Swerski vs. Mo Lewis Debates of 2005. All I can say is....Wow. Swerski, you're reeeeeaaalllly grasping at straws claiming that Mo Lewis should have just sat there and golf-clapped while the Pats were torching their biggest division rival in a key game on the road. So, if you're at Gillette in your Peyton jersey next weekend (as is your perfect right to wear & "support the team" a la David Puddy) and Peyton torches the Pats for 400 and 5 TDs and the Colts advance, you're telling me you're not going to stand up and cheer and scream very loudly, especially if you've been taking sh*t all game from the Pats homers around you? Please. :D :D I'm not saying you'd be a loudmouth jack*** and instigate, 'cause you don't seem like that type, but you'd certainly cheer and clap and high-five to high heaven...which, to the Pats homers (and certain members of football forums), might be mistaken for "instigating." Obviously, I wasn't there, but from the sounds of it, Lewis and his crew's only offense was 1. cheering for their team 2. in their team's spamshirts and 3. having some good comebacks to the opposing fans' angry, frustrated attacks, all of which caused the frustrated meatheads to start throwing sh*t – which is much more offensive than a few snappy, well-timed comebacks, and makes the "Willie McGinest picking off Chad" comeback after catching the bottle even funnier, IMO. I personally hate when dopes get in fights in the stands – like Seinfeld said, we're all basically "rooting for laundry" – and I think it should never escalate past good-natured/knowledgeable/fun ribbing between opposing fans (like usually goes on in here, with sigline bets and all), but when you add in booze and emotions it's going to flare up.

So, speaking of, I honestly think you must have been boozing over the past few pages, because from what I read, you really didn't make one salient point about why Mo Lewis must have been at fault, and, ironically, your arguments held less and less water/your stance became more and more firm as the thread continued. "Smile and light clap"? He was wrong for "cheering and high-fiving his buddies"? Good lord, Swerski, I hope this is a fishing trip, otherwise you're not all there today, which is odd because, even though we've had our Indy vs. Pats debates in the past, you've never seemed....well...insane before. And this "how fans should behave in other stadiums" stance you've taken in this post, IMO, is just plain wacked. And this is not because I'm a Pats homer and you're an Indy fan, and I have no need to "defend" Mo Lewis or any other adult here. I don't know Mo, nor do I care whether anyone in here hates him or thinks he's "arrogant" or a shameless Pats homer or an Ugly Tuna-defender or carries man-purse B)...I just had to chime in because I'm a (semi) logical human being and I just didn't think you were making any sense whatsoever by attacking a guy for doing what any normal fan would have done -- cheered when his team did something good/opponent did something bad -- and yet you kept arguing with this faulty logic like a pitbull fighting for a bone. I'm sure you'll disagree, but...

Agree with nhoops...this Sunday's going to be a classic battle for the ages. Gonna be about 25 degrees, possible flurries. I haven't feared a matchup for the Pats like this in years, a bad combo: Indy offense firing on all cylinders, Pats defense more vulnerable than ever. The X factor of the homefield "mystique" might carry us a little ways, and our run-stopping has been solid lately – the rook Wilfork has looked like an All-Pro the last few weeks – but its Peyton and his boys we have to worry about, and if Troy Brown has to cover Reggie Wayne all game, we'll be in tough shape. I have faith in the "man-purse", though, and think that, come Sunday night, I'll be choosing a nice new sig for Capt. Hook :D

I simply do not understand why fans of certain QB's take such pride in who that QB is dating.  WHAT DOES IT MATTER????  Jeff Garcia, Cade McNown, and Tim Couch all dated Playboy Playmates.  Does that make anyone think they are better QB's?  Such a weird thing to be "proud" of.

As for the original question:  Why all the Patriots Haters?

My reasons are obvious.  :D

649227[/snapback]

What does Brady carrying a man bag matter? I brought up Moynihan b/c it was about as on point as the bag carrying - it was a joke.

I think that sports fans in Boston, in general, have a little more of an attitude and are more defensive than elsewhere in the country. That certainly doesn't help. I know a lot of people from Mass who, in general, are very nice but turn into annoying "Rah-rah, we're better than you!" types at Red Sox games.

Of course, that generalization doesn't apply to everyone in New England, but people like UT posting nothing but homer trash and Mo Lewis PMing me to tell me that I'm a pu$$y don't exactly help to break that perception.

Edited by Bill Swerski

I think that sports fans in Boston, in general, have a little more of an attitude and are more defensive than elsewhere in the country.  That certainly doesn't help.  I know a lot of people from Mass who, in general, are very nice but turn into annoying "Rah-rah, we're better than you!" types at Red Sox games. 

Of course, that generalization doesn't apply to everyone in New England, but people like UT posting nothing but homer trash and Mo Lewis PMing me to tell me that I'm a pu$$y don't exactly help to break that perception.

649531[/snapback]

I can understand where you are coming from, Bill, but I think you have to take a step back from the hardware boys every once in a while. It's not like the city of Boston is going to go on a PR campaign to erase the damage done by a few less than tactful idiots, no matter what the case.

Sure, some Boston fans have a bit of a chip on their shoulders. 86 years for the Sox and 30+ for the Pats will do that to you. Those people are like some you are familiar with, and even their own tend to turn on them as you have seen here. But, there are tons more that just enjoy the games and sports in general. Those people are just more quiet about it.

Besides...if Mo Lewis has nothing better to do than PM you stupid messages, I suggest you spend your efforts on pity as opposed to rebuttal... :D