[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bill Belichick is 13-0 when facing

masslefty33

Should the Steelers even bother showing up ? Should they start Maddox instead based on this stat ? :D

Since we are into statistics, how about this one:

Ben Roethlisberger is 15-0 as a starter when facing any team, on any day, on any NFL field.

Is this true?

Belichick spent 1991-1995 as the head coach of the Cleveland Browns. During those years he played 3 teams twice a year (Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, and Houston). Adding a 3rd game against Pittsburgh in 1995 and that makes 16 repeat games. Below is a list of the 11 of those 16 repeat games that the Browns lost.

I did not research the starting QB, it is possible that the QB changed for some of the games but certainly not for all of them.

Perhaps this stat is for the Patriots only or for the last 13 games ... but it is most definitely NOT for Belichick's head coaching career.

9/15/91 - Cleveland 14, Cincinnati 13

11/03/91 - Cincinnati 23, Cleveland 21

11/17/91 - Houston 28, Cleveland 24

12/15/91 - Houston 17, Cleveland 14

10/27/91 - Cleveland 17, Pittsburgh 14

12/22/91 - Pittsburgh 17, Cleveland 10

10/11/92 - Cleveland 17, Pittsburgh 9

12/27/92 - Pittsburgh 23, Cleveland 13

11/08/92 - Cleveland 24, Houston 14

12/20/92 - Houston 17, Cleveland 14

10/24/93 - Cleveland 28, Pittsburgh 23

1/2/04 - Pittsburgh 16, Cleveland 9

11/21/93 - Houston 27, Cleveland 20

12/12/93 - Houston 19, Cleveland 17

9/11/94 - Pittsburgh 17, Cleveland 10

12/18/94 - Pittsburgh 17, Cleveland 7

1/7/95 - Pittsburgh 29, Cleveland 9 (Playoffs)

9/17/95 - Cleveland 14, Houston 7

11/05/95 - Houston 37, Cleveland 10

11/13/95 - Pittsburgh 20, Cleveland 3

11/26/95 - Pittsburgh 20, Cleveland 17

Is this true?

Belichick spent 1991-1995 as the head coach of the Cleveland Browns.  During those years he played 3 teams twice a year (Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, and Houston).  Adding a 3rd game against Pittsburgh in 1995 and that makes 16 repeat games.  Below is a list of the 11 of those 16 repeat games that the Browns lost.

I did not research the starting QB, it is possible that the QB changed for some of the games but certainly not for all of them.

Perhaps this stat is for the Patriots only or for the last 13 games ... but it is most definitely NOT for Belichick's head coaching career.

9/15/91 - Cleveland 14, Cincinnati 13

11/03/91 - Cincinnati 23, Cleveland 21

11/17/91 - Houston 28, Cleveland 24

12/15/91 - Houston 17, Cleveland 14

10/27/91 - Cleveland 17, Pittsburgh 14

12/22/91 - Pittsburgh 17, Cleveland 10

10/11/92 - Cleveland 17, Pittsburgh 9

12/27/92 - Pittsburgh 23, Cleveland 13

11/08/92 - Cleveland 24, Houston 14

12/20/92 - Houston 17, Cleveland 14

10/24/93 - Cleveland 28, Pittsburgh 23

1/2/04 - Pittsburgh 16, Cleveland 9

11/21/93 - Houston 27, Cleveland 20

12/12/93 - Houston 19, Cleveland 17

9/11/94 - Pittsburgh 17, Cleveland 10

12/18/94 - Pittsburgh 17, Cleveland 7

1/7/95 - Pittsburgh 29, Cleveland 9 (Playoffs)

9/17/95 - Cleveland 14, Houston 7

11/05/95 - Houston 37, Cleveland 10

11/13/95 - Pittsburgh 20, Cleveland 3

11/26/95 - Pittsburgh 20, Cleveland 17

657834[/snapback]

Yes with the Patriots. This stat came from ESPN.

While we are on stats! How about 7-0 career playoff record!

Yes with the Patriots. This stat came from ESPN.

While we are on stats! How about 7-0 career playoff record!

657836[/snapback]

Well Belichick had a life before coaching the Patriots. And it wasn't pretty.

You'd better hope (for your sake) the genius comes from Belichick and not Romeo Crenell.

Should the Steelers even bother showing up ?  Should they start Maddox instead based on this stat ?    :D

Since we are into statistics, how about this one:

Ben Roethlisberger is 15-0 as a starter when facing any team, on any day, on any NFL field.

657811[/snapback]

The Steelers should be heavy favorites this weekend. Not that being the favorite means anything...

The Steelers should be heavy favorites this weekend.  Not that being the favorite means anything...

657866[/snapback]

You really think so? The Pats are a dynasty who just held the greatest offense in the history of the NFL to three points and the Steelers got lucky to beat the Jets. In addition, EVERYTHING went the Steelers way in the first meeting including a 21 -3 lead and Dillon sitting out. The Pats should be favored I think.

Well Belichick had a life before coaching the Patriots.  And it wasn't pretty.

657851[/snapback]

Yeah, he was 1-1 in the playoffs for the Browns, not bad for a team that has an NFL postseason record of 11-20.

7-0 with the Pats, 8-1 overall.

Put that up against anybody, in fact, he is one victory behind Lombardi (9-1).

You really think so?  The Pats are a dynasty who just held the greatest offense in the history of the NFL to three points and the Steelers got lucky to beat the Jets.  In addition, EVERYTHING went the Steelers way in the first meeting including a 21 -3 lead and Dillon sitting out.  The Pats should be favored I think.

657879[/snapback]

Agreed the Pats should be the favorites IMO.

You really think so?  The Pats are a dynasty who just held the greatest offense in the history of the NFL to three points and the Steelers got lucky to beat the Jets.  In addition, EVERYTHING went the Steelers way in the first meeting including a 21 -3 lead and Dillon sitting out.  The Pats should be favored I think.

657879[/snapback]

Steelers == 9-0 at home, 11-1 in the AFC, on a 15 game winning streak, the QB has never lost a start, and Cowher (even as much as I don't like his sideline antics) is one of the most successful coaches in the league 10 years running. And they beat the team coming to town this season. They should be favored at home.

We will see, the Colts fans were pretty confident last week as well.

What is Bill Cowher's record in home AFC Championship games?

657899[/snapback]

1-3, but what does that have to do with this game ? :D

By the way, I haven't seen many Steeler fans feeling overconfident. I think the Steelers are going to win, but I certainly won't be surprised if the Pats come in and get the victory. I've actually seen most Steeler fans handing out their praise to the Pats.

Edited by Menudo

What is Bill Cowher's record in home AFC Championship games?

657899[/snapback]

0-0 so far this year.

We will see, the Colts fans were pretty confident last week as well.

The Steelers are MUCH better than the Colts on D and the Steelers O matches up better against the Pats D. Having said that, the only "disrespectful" thing I am going to do this week is to tweak these stats to show that the Steelers will win. The Pats are a great team and it will take the Steelers best effort to beat them... I think it will happen but it's not guaranteed in any way.

Vegas as NE as 3 point favorites....

I guess the Steelers are forunate enough to even play this week.

What you Steelers fail to understand that NE is a different animal in the playoffs. 7-0 is living proof and Sunday night will be just another example.

Ugly :D Tuna

From ESPN News:

QBs who have faced the Patriots twice in the same season, since 2001 (incl playoffs)

W-L:

1st Game: 5-8

2nd Game: 0-13

Completion %:

1st Game: 59.7

2nd Game: 56.3

Pass YPG:

1st Game: 236.6

2nd Game: 218.6

TD-INT:

1st Game: 17-14

2nd Game: 11-22

Passer Rating:

1st Game: 80.5

2nd Game: 62.9

0-13 !!! 62.9 QB rating is exactly what Manning got on Sunday.

Mmmmm can u say "fresh QB".

if the pittsburgh offensive line and defensive front 7 are able to smack the smaller patriots, they could easily manhandle this team....AGAIN!! rothy can not play like he did last week. he just has to have a better effort than that. rothy also needs plax to step up for him. the advantage plax will have on the cornerbacks should be a cause of concern for the patriots. in the end though, it might all just depend on who wins the trenches and turnover battle. i'm cautiously optimistic about their chances this week and actually like the fact that vegas is making them a 3 pt dog. motivational wise, it has to help them.

Question is, does the Steelers score any offensive points?

658330[/snapback]

You had some questions earlier this year, I answered them after the game here:

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=69964&hl=

So attention all Steelers Fans, answers these questions with some facts and maybe I'll believe you that the Steelers have a shot at beating the Patriots. .

(1) What team have the Steelers beat this year which has a winning record or even a .500 record?

THE PATRIOTS

(2) Do you really honestly think Duce and the Bus will go off, with NE run defense that has improved every week. NE has shut down the red hot Curtis Martin and Shawn Alexander. These two players are more feared the Duce or Bus. I'm sure Belichick will game plan to stop the WR first and then worry about the rushing game. The same game plan he had against the Colts in week 1.

DUCE = 125, BETTIS = 65

(3) Passing game: With such a great secondary I think Ward and Burress will be kept in check. NE is ranked #2 in pass defense. NE has such great corners and safeties. NE gives up a lot of yardage but has the best red zone defense in the NFL. Bend but NEVER break defense. NE has better offense then Pittsburgh and far better defense.

BURRESS = 3-63, 2 TD'S WARD = 6-58 RANDLE-EL = 6-44

(4) NE offense has been very special this year. Dillon has his mojo working and has been very effective this year. The last couple of games they have been playing 86' New York Giants Football. Grinding out games with ball control running game. NE WR's have been very under-rated squad. With Deon Branch and Troy Brown out; Patten, Graham and Givens haven't missed a beat. Given is the next coming of the Hines Ward mold. Ward fans will see alot of similarities in this game.

BALL CONTROL RUNNING GAME = 5 YARDS

(5) Tom Brady is so cool under pressure that he answers any bell when they are under any type of pressure.

2 PICKS, 1 FOR A TD !!!!!!!!!!!!

(6) Dear Big Ben, I truly feel sorry for you because Belichick is licking his chops on this one. He will easily have his worst day as a pro. Hope you can hand all the different looks and blitz. If Peyton Manning can't figure him out do you think Big Ben can?

18/24 196 2 0 GOOD CALL !!!!!!!!!!!

(7) Pittsburgh has only home field advantage working for them. I think Randal El can be the x-factor in this game.

RANDLE EL HELPED, HOMEFIELD HELP, STEELERS BITCHSLAPPED THE PATS

(8) Prediction: Game will be close until the 2nd quarter when NE will produce the Steelers to make stupid mental mistakes. I also think NE will win the turn over battle. With that said, NE 24 Pitt 10

STUPID MENTAL MISTAKES WERE BY BRADY, THE ROOKIE SCHOOLED HIM......DEAL WITH IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm curious to see why Steeler fans think Pittsburgh will win this game. Just saying that Big Ben is the man, won't do it for me.

ANYMORE QUESTIONS ??????????????????

Ugly Tuna

--------------------

Coming...are the Steelers....and OUR WINNING STREAK WILL BE HISTORY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21 STRAIGHT WINS AND COUNTING!!!!

0 STRAIGHT WINS AND COUNTING!!!!

the longest NFL Record in History!

OVER

18 Straight Regular Season Wins (New NFL Record)

0 REGULARS SEASON WINS

Don't bet against a Bill Belichick coached team!

I DID AND I WON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15 Straight Wins = 2 Super Bowl Trophies in 3 years

0 STRAIGHT WINS = STOP LIVING IN THE PAST

Patriots 32 - Panthers 29

Patriots 24 - Colts 14

Patriots 17 - Titans 14

STEELERS 34 - PATRIOTS 20

New England Patriots - Super Bowl 2001 & 2003 Champions

WHO CARES !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boston Red Sox - 2004 World Series Champions

BASEBALL SEASON IS OVER !!!!

ME NUDO

Pats are the defending champs and surprised a lot of people by how thoroughly they shut down the most prolific offense in NFL history. They have the better coach, and are lead by a two-time Superbowl MVP as opposed to a rookie.

Homefield is nice for the Steelers, but it is not as if the Pats are not used to playing outdoors in winter weather.

Pats should be the favorite in this game.

I love rooting for the underdog. :D