[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Latest Philly Weather Update

Marauders11

Just had one of the local Meteorologist's on Sports Radio here with the latest weather update for Sunday.

We are expecting a major snowstorm to hit the Philadelphia area early Saturday AM, bringing 8-12 inches of snow which is supposed to let up and stop by noontime on Sunday.

The Eagles game kicks off at 3:00pm- so the falling snow should be gone by then, but there is a chance for some snow squalls, etc especially during the first half of the game.

The BIG factor(s) is supposed to be the cold and the wind. Wind gusts around kickoff time are supposed to be between 25-40 MPH with wind chills near or below ZERO.

Go Birds!

Just had one of the local Meteorologist's on Sports Radio here with the latest weather update for Sunday.

We are expecting a major snowstorm to hit the Philadelphia area early Saturday AM, bringing 8-12 inches of snow which is supposed to let up and stop by noontime on Sunday.

664344[/snapback]

According to the Weather Channel last night, two storms are going to have to merge to produce that 8-12". If the first storm heads off into the Atlantic before the second one gets there, the snowfall will be significantly less. As of last night, they were unsure as to which scenario was more likely.

Regardless, it will still be very cold and probably windy as well.

Edited by Bill Swerski

We're expecting 6"-12" here in Chicago, and according to the weather guessers here, it's supposed to run right through Northern Indiana and Ohio on Saturday night and into PA the next day.

Not supposed to start until later today and into tonight.

My guess would be both games will be messy, but perhaps the Western part of the state will catch a break for the later game time. :D

According to the Weather Channel last night, two storms are going to have to merge to produce that 8-12".  If the first storm heads off into the Atlantic before the second one gets there, the snowfall will be significantly less.  As of last night, they were unsure as to which scenario was more likely.

Regardless, it will still be very cold and probably windy as well.

664420[/snapback]

as of this morning we are gonna get slammed.

We're expecting 6"-12" here in Chicago, and according to the weather guessers here, it's supposed to run right through Northern Indiana and Ohio on Saturday night and into PA the next day.

Not supposed to start until later today and into tonight.

My guess would be both games will be messy, but perhaps the Western part of the state will catch a break for the later game time. :D

664476[/snapback]

Pittsburgh is to get 4"-6" starting tonight through Saturday late/Sunday very early.

By game time they are expecting it to be dry and in the mid-high teens in temp.

as of this morning we are gonna get slammed.

664482[/snapback]

Still calling for large amounts of snow as of this evening, Weather Channel is now saying 8" to 14" for Philly area through Sunday AM.

EDIT: In one graphic they showed 8"-14" and in another they showed 8"-12"

Also said it will be windy during the game.

Edited by Gunther

NWS is now calling for 10-15 inches when all is said and done in Philly metro area. Heavy snow will be out of the area by morning. Some lingering snow showers are possible into the afternoon. As Marauders said, the biggest factor for the game will be the wind...winds out of the north at 20-30 mph with gusts to 40...wind chills 3 below to 11 above. Being out of the north, the winds will be blowing directly into the open corner of the stadium and swirling in the stadium. Should be interesting conditions.

Pittsburgh is to get 4"-6" starting tonight through Saturday late/Sunday very early.

By game time they are expecting it to be dry and in the mid-high teens in temp.

664623[/snapback]

On the Local news here in Pittsburgh (WPXI) they just said it could be up to 5" -9" of snow and as low as -5 to -10 (with windchill) by gametime for the Steeler game.

Most of the snow is supposed to come today and then 1-2" over night into Sunday morning

Edited by max

I am currently in the NY Metro area - and itsa snowin!

I am planning to drive down to Philly tomorrow morning for the game.....good thing I have a Ford Expedition.......maybe I should just take the train.....

666135[/snapback]

Iwould take the train. I'm an hour north of Philly and they are calling for 16 to 18 inches (of snow).

The snow is rather spotty out here in Indiana but, in areas where it is coming down (like where I live), it's coming down hard. We've gotten about 2" in just the past two hours. I can imagine that the Northeast, where the snowfall will not be spotty, will see at least 18".

Good thing the Pats ain't playing here today! Nobody would even be able to get to the game...two-plus feet and counting, not stopping anytime soon, roads, airports pretty much non-existent. :eek:

Any word on the snow situation in PITT? I heard yesterday it would stop by gametime and the field was (obviously) covered in anticipation of this blizzard, but...

10.5" in Philly

667050[/snapback]

Wow, you got 10.5" in Philly, that is crazy. I am in Lebanon, about an hour and 45 minutes west of Philly, and our storm was weak here, only about 5 inches. Either way, I don't expect snow to be an issue at either game, since it is not supposed to start up again today. What will be a factor is that it is going to be freezing cold and windy. The passing and kicking games will be affected.

Wow, you got 10.5" in Philly, that is crazy.  I am in Lebanon, about an hour and 45 minutes west of Philly, and our storm was weak here, only about 5 inches.  Either way, I don't expect snow to be an issue at either game, since it is not supposed to start up again today.  What will be a factor is that it is going to be freezing cold and windy.  The passing and kicking games will be affected.

667507[/snapback]

11.7" total, Windy today.

Wow, you got 10.5" in Philly, that is crazy.  I am in Lebanon, about an hour and 45 minutes west of Philly, and our storm was weak here, only about 5 inches.  Either way, I don't expect snow to be an issue at either game, since it is not supposed to start up again today.  What will be a factor is that it is going to be freezing cold and windy.  The passing and kicking games will be affected.

667507[/snapback]

You live in Lebanon? Isn't that near Royal Oaks Golf course?