[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best NFL Player Today

broncosn05

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think Dunn is so good why is this his first 1,000 yard season since 2001?  What happened last year when Vick was out; oh yeah he gained a whole 672 yards. 

666354[/snapback]

If you are going to bring up Dunn's rushing stats from last year I think it's only fair that you note that he missed the final 5 games of the season after suffering an injury (foot I believe). He also had 5 other games in which he had under 10 carries due mostly to Duckett's presence.

Dunn is a very good back, he's just never been durable enough to be the type of guy that gets 25 carries a game...he's too small for that. In the 2 games in 2003 that he did have over 20 carries, he had 178 and 162 yards rushing. Those were back-to-back games, the following week Tennessee shut him down on the ground but he did have 9 receptions for 129 yards receiving that game, and that was the same game he got hurt. All of those games were before Vick came back, so don't tell me that Dunn's success is merely a product of Vick's presence.

Edited by Skrappy1

I don't think RBs are the best players because of the difficulty of the position compared to others.  You can plug and play a rookie RB, not so with QB/WRs (rare instances such as Marino, Moss). 

And I have Alexander in a keeper league and I wonder how he would do if he had to make plays of his own.... :D

667850[/snapback]

With regard to your logic pertaining to Alexander having "to make his own plays", what would he do if he were one on one with a defender on a regular basis?

At this point, it should be obvious to everyone that Vick is NOT the "best NFL player today."

668267[/snapback]

As for the Vick/Manning comparisons, the playoffs this year appear to be the great equalizer.

What has Vick won?

666266[/snapback]

From a team's perspective everything that Manning has.  He's reached the NFC Championship game.  He led his collegiate team to the National Championship game(something Manning Couldn't do). And without him his team would fall apart.  Look at last seasons record.

666274[/snapback]

Care to rethink this now??????????? Looks to me that Vick and Manning are in the same boat. Great players that need more help to make it to the show.

Edited by CaptainHook

So, when do we begin to bring McNabb into this discussion? He has arguably the worst cast of (healthy) WRs in the NFL (OK, maybe the Bears' are worse), yet he's still made it to the playoffs five straight times, has gone to four NFC Championship Games, and is now off to the Superbowl (without TO's help).

So, when do we begin to bring McNabb into this discussion?  He has arguably the worst cast of (healthy) WRs in the NFL (OK, maybe the Bears' are worse), yet he's still made it to the playoffs five straight times, has gone to four NFC Championship Games, and is now off to the Superbowl (without TO's help).

668353[/snapback]

Good points Bill, I think you'd have to put him in the discussion at this point. :D

I have logged onto the fantasy football forum several times and have seen - literally - the entire first page of threads with your name as the last poster.

And 9 times out of 10, your post reads something like:  "I agree".  :D

Perhaps it's cuz you're on the flip side of the egg we call Earth so you post at odd hours.  :D

:D

668122[/snapback]

I don't know if I would go as far as to say that 90% of my posts are "I agree" posts...Go back and take a look at my post history. You are right about being halfway around the world when you refer to my name being the last poster on the entire page.

If you look, though, 45% of his posts are in the test forum...is there any advice given in the test section? B)

Ben