[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best NFL Player Today

broncosn05

I have reached 1,000 posts now thanks to some PP :D . But anyway this thread is to ask you fellow Huddler who you think is the most important (In a good way, not important like Doug Brien)player on team today.

I will say even with Mannings season that Vick is the most important. I think this Sunday Vick will be not only an effective passer but exceptional passer. With his power for arm and super legs he is like "Superman." When a defense throws something at him he always has a Plan B.

Opinions??

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peyton Manning is on pace to be a first ballot hall of famer and could threaten some of the all-time NFL passing records. I'd say he's the best player right now.

Michael Vick is on pace to be slightly below Randall Cunningham as the best running quarterback in the NFL and Cunningham had much better passing % and TD/INT ratio and slightly higher yards/attempt. I don't have time to post Cunningham's vs. Vick's stats right now - but check out Cunningham's first 4 years as a starter vs. Vick's. You'll see Cunningham was better at this point in his carreer.

Edit: By the way bronco - you must be on pace to becoming one of the most prolific posters in Huddle history.

Edited by Vet

I have reached 1,000 posts now thanks to some PP :D .  But anyway this thread is to ask you fellow Huddler who you think is the most important (In a good way,  not important like Doug Brien)player on team today.

I will say even with Mannings season that Vick is the most important.  I think this Sunday Vick will be not only an effective passer but exceptional passer.  With his power for arm and super legs he is like "Superman."  When a defense throws something at him he always has a Plan B.

Opinions??

665604[/snapback]

Vick's unpredictability makes me nervous. I've asked this before ... What causes the sporadic games where he throws for less than 120, runs for less than 40, and turns the ball over 3 or more times -- only to bounce back the next week and play like a god? Doesn't seem tied to the opponent or the weather ... See this year's two game swing vs KC and Denver for example ... Other than that, he could very well be from Krypton.

Given that, I'd stick with ... with ... with ... Well, when Favre was younger it was clearer ... If Priest stayed healthy, it would be Priest ... Hmmm. I think this is a tossup right now, and Vick's as good a choice -- if he shows up -- as any.

Stop with Michael Vick already. How many games has he thrown for over 200 yards this year? 3 times!! 14 TD to 12 INT.. and like 17 fumbles or something.. Without his legs, Dunn and TJ and that falcons D.. Vick sucks ballz.

665625[/snapback]

Who doesn't have flaws :D:D ?

I have reached 1,000 posts now thanks to some PP :D .  But anyway this thread is to ask you fellow Huddler who you think is the most important (In a good way,  not important like Doug Brien)player on team today.

I will say even with Mannings season that Vick is the most important.  I think this Sunday Vick will be not only an effective passer but exceptional passer.  With his power for arm and super legs he is like "Superman."  When a defense throws something at him he always has a Plan B.

Opinions??

665604[/snapback]

You'll need 1,000 more to justify that one.

"Important" and "valuable" are subjective terms in team sports. There are obviously greater talents than others, and certain players who will undoubtedly have a great effect on how a game turns out.

That said, Peyton Manning just had one of the greatest seasons of all-time. I don't see how you can dispute that he's the most important football player right now. Besides, that "Cut that meat!" commercial is hilarious.

If the question was most entertaining player, I'd say Vick's right up there, but the Falcons are good for a number of reasons other than his QB play.

Besides, that "Cut that meat!" commercial is hilarious.

665639[/snapback]

Why don't you write 1,000 posts on how Peyton's commercials are better than Vick's? First he was in the commercial where they had athletes playing other sports and Vick played as a Avalanche Player. :D Then the Michael Vick Experience (That's not in the playbook but it should be) is one of the GREATEST commercials ever.

True Story I would like to see you try to make a Manning commercial point now! :D

Vick isn't it, that I think is a fact. As for who is, I would have to guess Manning. He seems to be head and shoulders above the rest right now and has been a consistant top QB in the game for some time. In the past 5 years he's thrown for 4000 yds. all but one year. In those 5 years he's thrown for 162 td's. Not too shabby.

Manning's a better comedic actor, but Vick is a better song and dance man.

We'll be able to do a better comparison of these two next year when Manning in on the cover of Madden 2006 and promptly has an anvil dropped on his head. Obviously, Vick has already had to deal with the Madden curse, so he's free and clear.

Why don't you write 1,000 posts on how Peyton's commercials are better than Vick's?  First he was in the commercial where they had athletes playing other sports and Vick played as a Avalanche Player. :D Then the Michael Vick Experience (That's not in the playbook but it should be) is one of the GREATEST commercials ever. 

True Story I would like to see you try to make a Manning commercial point now! :D

665646[/snapback]

Hey, I root against him, but I respect his abilities.

I dislike Peyton Manning a great deal. Same reasons I always hated John Elway. The media love affair overshadowed the fact they were never quite good enough for the ring (until that *** TDavis), going back through their college years.

The MVick Experience is pretty sweet....

Manning's a better comedic actor, but Vick is a better song and dance man.

We'll be able to do a better comparison of these two next year when Manning in on the cover of Madden 2006 and promptly has an anvil dropped on his head.  Obviously, Vick has already had to deal with the Madden curse, so he's free and clear.

665660[/snapback]

Did Ray Lewis have one this year?

Wait until vick hits the frozen ground a few times, he's gonna blow this one.

Ladanian tomlinson is the best player in the NFL right now.

665824[/snapback]

True dat. LT is the biggest difference maker, which is what I think we're driving at here.

Stop with Michael Vick already. How many games has he thrown for over 200 yards this year? 3 times!! 14 TD to 12 INT.. and like 17 fumbles or something.. Without his legs, Dunn and TJ and that falcons D.. Vick sucks ballz.

665625[/snapback]

when you rush for 322 yards in the playoffs....... you don't need to huck it too much. :D

Hmmm. . .

I'll say :D PEYTON MANNING.

665853[/snapback]

Other than personal records, what has he accomplished? The f_cking goober never beat Florida, didn't win the Heisman, win a major bowl game or make the AFC Championship game. The guy's a well skilled loser. F_ck'em.

Edited by Jumpin Johnies