[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Time Management

westin

What were they doing late in the third quarter?  The way the Eagles were taking their time you'd thought they were up by a few scores.  No urgency at all.  I just don't get it.  Did anyone else pick up on the Eagles poor time management?

687159[/snapback]

No.

I really meant in the late fourth quarter...under five minutes...where was the no huddle?

687160[/snapback]

Oh.

Actually, yeah I noticed. I was really surprised how slow their no huddle was once they went to it.

You know what really shocked me, play calling wise, was the Pats decision to run the ball to the middle on a 3rd and 5 right toward the end of the game. Faulk was lucky to get back the line of scrimmage. Terrible call. Just awful. My husband and I both let out a big, *** was that? :D

their management then did suck...... but IMO some of their major mistakes were made early in the game.

Turnovers in the in the 1st. & 2nd. quarters were hugh. You're only gonna make it into the redzone a few times & to waste opportunities on 2 of 4 posessions to start the game was bad, bad juju. :D

687181[/snapback]

yeah unfortunately you are absofriginloutely correct :D

their management then did suck...... but IMO some of their major mistakes were made early in the game.

687181[/snapback]

Still, they were right in it at the end ... well, except for the minute they un-neccesarily burned :D kind of in a daze out there ... :D

Their time management with five minutes left sucked so bad that everyone watching the game with us was going ballistic!!! It was like they were on a stroll in the park. Couple that with the fact that they only had two time-outs left and HAD to go for an on-side kick really killed their chances for a win. It was painful to watch! :D

Edited by Chargerz

What were they doing late in the third quarter?  The way the Eagles were taking their time you'd thought they were up by a few scores.  No urgency at all.  I just don't get it.  Did anyone else pick up on the Eagles poor time management?

687159[/snapback]

The real question was why they didn't feel a sense of urgency in the 4th quarter with less than 5 minutes to go and down 10 points ... that screams for a no huddle.

Very bad.

The real question was why they didn't feel a sense of urgency in the 4th quarter with less than 5 minutes to go and down 10 points ... that screams for a no huddle.

Very bad.

687394[/snapback]

They could have easily given themselves another 30 seconds to work with on that last desperation drive.

Also, (and I realize it's tough to criticize someone for catching a pass) Brian Westbrook should have ahd the presence of mind to drop that first-down dump-off at the line of scrimmage with 46 seconds left. It cost them 24 seconds.

Actually, I guess McNabb should have ahd the presence of mind not to throw it.

Rush was right.

They could have easily given themselves another 30 seconds to work with on that last desperation drive.

Also, (and I realize it's tough to criticize someone for catching a pass) Brian Westbrook should have ahd the presence of mind to drop that first-down dump-off at the line of scrimmage with 46 seconds left.  It cost them 24 seconds.

Actually, I guess McNabb should have ahd the presence of mind not to throw it.

Rush was right.

687415[/snapback]

Yup ... McNabb shouldn't have thrown it ... Westbrook should have dropped it.

not only was clock mamgement in the 4th the worst I've seen since watchign a Jet game, but what were they thinking at the end of the 1st half? The score was tied, they had the ball on their 20 with about 1:20 to go. They had TO's to use, but didnt call one until the clock was down to abotu 17 seconds. If they knew how to runa 2 minute drill, or manage a clock, they easily could have gotten into FG range (they had moved to the 45 or so already).

This is a full team problem and it cost you a SB... coach, McNabb, Westbrook... all you Eagle fans can stew on that for 8 months.

not only was clock mamgement in the 4th the worst I've seen since watchign a Jet game, but what were they thinking at the end of the 1st half? The score was tied, they had the ball on their 20 with about 1:20 to go. They had TO's to use, but didnt call one until the clock was down to abotu 17 seconds.

687456[/snapback]

That's actually a really good point. It looked like the Eagles were content to go into the half tied and were planning on running out the clock...they didn't start trying to move the ball downfield or call a timeout until after New England had done so. Baffling.

That's actually a really good point.  It looked like the  Eagles were content to go into the half tied and were planning on running out the clock...they didn't start trying to move the ball downfield or call a timeout until after New England had done so.  Baffling.

687465[/snapback]

Baffling is an under statement. :D

McNabb lost them the game - he was awful. But the lack of clock use was pathetic. I wonder who will take the heat for that - Reid or McNabb?

687471[/snapback]

That's all Reid ... he's the coach.

And I agree ... why the hell were the Iggles content to go into half tied. I was astounded when the first play was Westbrook up the middle ... then after that they throw a couple of times there :D

Hurry up offense ... get 3 on the board ... would have been HUGH.

McNabb lost them the game - he was awful. But the lack of clock use was pathetic. I wonder who will take the heat for that - Reid or McNabb?

687471[/snapback]

Anybody on that team should have voiced urgency, and if they didn't it's their fault as well. Westbrook should have known better than to catch that pas at the end of the 4th, that cost them 20 seconds easy.