[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

the next team to make it big

seminoles

Due to the free agency and salary cap, every year there are teams that just come out of nowhere ex. panthers in '03 and chargers in '04. Who will be this years new king of the hill.

Right now im choosing between the Lions or the Texans, heck, maybe both. The Lions were actually playing pretty well lat season until injuries plaqued them. Again, Harrington is getting experienced and he might be a Drew Brees player this year. Their RB, forgot his name, will now be in his second year and gave us some impressive looks. WR's are good and young, especially when Charles Rogers decides to play football. OL is getting better since they have a somewhat young group led by the guard that use to be on the Pats, also forgot his name. D line is built around Shaun Rogers, and in the draft they can streghthen it. The rest of the D is shaky but they will be getting Boss Bailey back.

The Texans are good on offense everywhere except the OL. The defense is not great but they might be able to pull off a '99 Rams type look.

Any other teams looking good in '05?

CIN has good all over IMO.  Where are they weak someone tell me?  Well the lines aren't great but Rudi did fine.

740856[/snapback]

they are i guess ok in every position but not all of they have been proven or are fantastic. Also they have the Steelers in their division along with the Ravens

Teams I think will be better:

Raiders: additions of Moss, Jordan and Burgess should have positive effects.

Ravens: Rolle will make the defense even more formidable and Mason should impact the offense favorably along with Jamal Lewis back for a full season

Cardinals: I think they will be better after they draft one of the top RB's. They already had a good defense and they made a few subtle additions that appear to improve them

Vikings: Added quite a few quality defensive players in Smoot, Nap Harris, Cowart, Darren Sharper and Pat Williams. I think they will be a good team next year

Buffalo: they got better just by losing Drew Bledsoe

Teams that got worse:

Seattle: they look worse after losing Chike Okeafor, Anthony Simmons and Orlando Huff. They did keep Walter Jones, Hasselbeck and Alexander is currently franchised but it seems like they just were looking to retain their top players.

Green Bay: They lost a lot of players and haven't done much in the FA period; only signing Adrian Klemm

Dallas: well the ying for Buffalo is the yang for Dallas; they screwed up their whole season just by having him on the roster

Pittsburgh: Packers of the AFC; lost a whole lot of players and haven't looked to replace them. Losing Kendrell Bell and Burress is going to have an effect.

Tennessee: hopeless situation and that's as it should be.............

Teams I think will be better:

Raiders: additions of Moss, Jordan and Burgess should have positive effects.

Ravens:  Rolle will make the defense even more formidable and Mason should impact the offense favorably along with Jamal Lewis back for a full season

Cardinals:  I think they will be better after they draft one of the top RB's.  They already had a good defense and they made a few subtle additions that appear to improve them

Vikings:  Added quite a few quality defensive players in Smoot, Nap Harris, Cowart, Darren Sharper and Pat Williams.  I think they will be a good team next year

Buffalo: they got better just by losing Drew Bledsoe

Teams that got worse:

Seattle:  they look worse after losing Chike Okeafor, Anthony Simmons and Orlando Huff.  They did keep Walter Jones, Hasselbeck and Alexander is currently franchised but it seems like they just were looking to retain their top players.

Green Bay:  They lost a lot of players and haven't done much in the FA period; only signing Adrian Klemm

Dallas:  well the ying for Buffalo is the yang for Dallas; they screwed up their whole season just by having him on the roster

Pittsburgh:  Packers of the AFC; lost a whole lot of players and haven't looked to replace them.  Losing Kendrell Bell and Burress is going to have an effect.

Tennessee:  hopeless situation and that's as it should be.............

740877[/snapback]

Great analysis, phenom!! :D

Redskins #3 D stays there, Gibbs gets the blocking schemes down with Jansen back and the new Ravens center, Portis has a big year, Ramsey takes a step forward and we have a passing game......

10-6 and playoffs. :D

Edited by skins

The Bengals.

There is no doubt in my mind that if Palmer had played at the same level of his last six games in the first seven,the Bengals win ten games last year.

This year,there won't be any growing pains.With Palmer's development and his primary weapons now all signed through 2008,the Bengals win ten games on that alone.

If the youngsters on D continue to develop(M.Williams,Ratliff,Geathers and L.Johnson)and there isn't any reason why they shouldn't,and the DL is addressed further in the draft,the D should improve over it's 19th ranking of last year.

11-5 this season.

The Bengals.

There is no doubt in my mind that if Palmer had played at the same level of his last six games in the first seven,the Bengals win ten games last year.

This year,there won't be any growing pains.With Palmer's development and his primary weapons now all signed through 2008,the Bengals win ten games on that alone.

If the youngsters on D continue to develop(M.Williams,Ratliff,Geathers and L.Johnson)and there isn't any reason why they shouldn't,and the DL is addressed further in the draft,the D should improve over it's 19th ranking of last year.

11-5 this season.

741048[/snapback]

Dude, I want to party with you. You are a true Bengals optimist, just like me!

I think the Bengals OFF could explode this year.

I think their DEF will make some strides as well. Perhaps after another draft or two they will be a top 10? I'll gladly take that with this offense.

The part that helps them as much as any other, IMO, is Special Teams. They have a great kicker, a good punter, and a lot of speed on those teams (many of whom missed last year on IR).

I do think 11-5 is pretty tough to call for this year, because Pitt and Balt are very formiddable teams. They also play some very good opponents. Nevertheless, I am excited for this years run, I can't wait.

I think Marvin is building something pretty cool here, and Paul Brown Stadium is gonna be rockin'!

I think Marvin is building something really overdue in Cincy

Their RB, forgot his name, will now be in his second year and gave us some impressive looks.

740830[/snapback]

His name is Kevin Jones and he was exciting to watch at Va Tech. He had a nice finish to last season and I expect bigger things out of him this season. I know some teams can't do anything other than losing, but on paper the Cardinals are looking a lot better. If they could draft a player like Cedrick Benson, then their offense should be much imroved. Their o-line would still need to improve and Warner would have to show us that he's not finished, but they would have a solid back and a good recieving corps. Their defense is stout and that doesn't hurt.

Cardinals.

(wow...that hurt me somewhere inside to say that)

Decent offensive line got better w/ Oliver Ross.

Kurt Warner is an upgrade at QB over McCown for now (he was 5-2 at one point w/ the Giants last year w/ no blocking and no receivers).

They will address the RB situation (hopefully C.Benson or C.Williams in the first)

Top flight young WR corps.

Solid defense last year, w/ B.Berry a legit Pro-Bowler as a FA pickup...added Chike O & Orlando Huff, and still looking for more.

Dennis Green.

Weak division (after all was said and done, they were within one game of making the playoffs, hell...winning the division, last year).

They won't be bringing back any trophy, but will make the playoffs for the 2nd time in recent memory this year.

Edited by wolfden1

Dallas makes the playoffs and when the transformation is over on D, will be a top 5 D in 2006, to go with a running game they didnt have in 03 when they went 10-6

740892[/snapback]

Yeah but they don't have the great Quincy Carter playing with them either! :D

[rosecoloredhomerglasses]If the Saints get their LB I think they will take the division & move well into the playoffs. Their defense is already much better with the addition of Mike McKenzie & Dwight Smith and the offense will be much improved as well with the focus going back to Deuce, taking the pressure off AB.[/rosecoloredhomerglasses]

Lots of candidates...but my gut tells me the Giants are in a very good position to be the underdog to overachieve and be a playoff team in 2005-06....Manning--2nd year---Barber--workhorse---Burress-Toomer-Shockey--key "D" player here or there to step up and a good draft puts them in my favorites category...

Giants--Lions--Redskins will make playoffs is my prediction for teams coming out of nowhere in the NFC---Raiders--Chiefs in AFC...JMHO :D

Redskins #3 D stays there, Gibbs gets the blocking schemes down with Jansen back and the new Ravens center, Portis has a big year, Ramsey takes a step forward and we have a passing game......

10-6 and playoffs.  :D

741042[/snapback]

This is a defininte possibility, except for the fact their the D will not be as good as it was last year. They lost their best corner, and top LB to free agency. However, the O should be able to pick things up this year with an improved O-line.

Dallas is the one team the will definitely not be as good as everyone thinks. The reason why is that they have made to many changes on their team through free agency. Generally, a team that adds a ton of different players perform well below expectations. Dallas will be this seasons big dissappointment.