[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Henry to Philly

Swiss Cheezhead

Good pick up for the Eagles....bad news for B Westbrook owners. Have to figure Henry will shark the goal line carries as well as most 1st and 2nd runs. Pt per receptions will still help Westbrook but otherwise this is not a good thing for his overall stats.

I like the deal because the Eagles have more then a dozen picks but this doesn't solve their RB problem long term. Westbrook will be an UFA next season and I believe Henry is in the last year of his contract too. Knowing the Eagles, they won't pay one RB the 4-5 million both of these RBs will be looking for. So basically they will give up a 3rd round pick to get Henry for one year.

The Eagles are never short sighted when it comes to players- I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they already had a new cap friendly deal with Henry in place- they give him a nice signing bonus and his cap number is lower than it normally would be, etc.

As for Westbrook I would expect the Eagles to either extend him before the season starts or perhaps slap a tag on him next year- he won't just walk into UFA....The Birds have a bunch of cap space left to get things done once their draft is over with.

Today should be a busy day for Philly- They have 13 picks and the problem is that they have nowhere near 13 roster positions to fill. Expect a lot of packaging of picks to move up in rounds this season, or to gain extra picks for NEXT draft.....

The Eagles are never short sighted when it comes to players- I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they already had a new cap friendly deal with Henry in place- they give him a nice signing bonus and his cap number is lower than it normally would be, etc.

As for Westbrook I would expect the Eagles to either extend him before the season starts or perhaps slap a tag on him next year- he won't just walk into UFA....The Birds have a bunch of cap space left to get things done once their draft is over with.

Today should be a busy day for Philly- They have 13 picks and the problem is that they have nowhere near 13 roster positions to fill. Expect a lot of packaging of picks to move up in rounds this season, or to gain extra picks for NEXT draft.....

791018[/snapback]

Can the Eagles franchise Westbrook next year? I thought he would be an UFA after this season since he was a RFA this year? Not 100% sure how that works though.

Hmm.  To me, a third round pick seems like a great deal for the Eagles.  It gives Philly the inside track on re-signing him, IMO.

791013[/snapback]

I can't believe Arizona couldn't come up with something better than Philly's 3rd rounder to capture Henry for themselves ... amazing ... it's a steal for the Eagles if they pull this off.

I can't believe Arizona couldn't come up with something better than Philly's 3rd rounder to capture Henry for themselves ... amazing ... it's a steal for the Eagles if they pull this off.

791025[/snapback]

It makes you wonder what Arizona is doing.

Can the Eagles franchise Westbrook next year?  I thought he would be an UFA after this season since he was a RFA this year?  Not 100% sure how that works though.

791022[/snapback]

You can slap the franchise tag on any one player (UFA) each season and pay him the average of the top 5 players at his position- if a team wants to sign that player away they have to give up 2 first round picks. If The Eagles want Westbrook for 2006 they can easily pay him and retain him just like they did this season with Cory Simon.

At least I am pretty sure that's how it works....

If this trade happens I'd say Philly's chances of winning the superbowl next season just greatly increased. If they can get a wr to take a little heat off Owens they should be a lock for the NFC title. Westbrook's value will certainly decrease if Henry comes in. As a Niners fan I'd rather see him go to Philly rather than the Cards who play us twice a year.

You can slap the franchise tag on any one player (UFA) each season and pay him the average of the top 5 players at his position- if a team wants to sign that player away they have to give up 2 first round picks. If The Eagles want Westbrook for 2006 they can easily pay him and retain him just like they did this season with Cory Simon.

At least I am pretty sure that's how it works....

791038[/snapback]

Here's hoping it plays out this way! Henry and Westbrook sweet.

Mkae the deal for Henry and take the best available O- lineman. OR! make a deal for Alexander :bigshock:

Adam Schefter on NFL Total Access just reported that Philadelphia looks like a likely landing spot for Travis Henry.....fingerscrossed

791079[/snapback]

Let's make a deal :D

Nothing yet. Philly just traded their 3rd to SF.