[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Winslow is now Winthrown

DMD

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Winslow's accident is even having repercussions at the Bolts mini-camp! It seems Merriman has the same agent as Winslow, and the agent has advised Merriman not to show for any Bolt work-outs until the agent looks over the NFL's standard injury clauses!!

This doesn't make me happy! :D

..... until the agent looks over the NFL's standard injury clauses!!

804861[/snapback]

Should not have momo already known these? Not that it's his job or he's going to get a cut of millions or anything. If my agent told me that, he'd be on his ass.

Uh, don't sign or go to camp, I need more time to do my homework.

Could the Browns have worse luck with first round draft picks?  Couch?  Brown?  Warren?  Green?  :D

804852[/snapback]

Green? Not William Green. He is a vat of spectacular and untapped potential. Watch him this year, he will be atop 5 RB. Willie Green for PREZ!!!

Could the Browns have worse luck with first round draft picks?  Couch?  Brown?  Warren?  Green?  :D

804852[/snapback]

don't draft Braylon Edwards, whatever you do...

Has Daddy weighed in on this yet?

If he has to return the signing bonus (Lord, I hope he does), I might just giggle out loud.

Couldn't happen to a classier player.

What was the difference in salaries last year (including signin bonuses) between Gates and Windblow?

The total value of what started as a contract with a maximum worth of $40 million was already reduced to about $29.4 million last season when Winslow fractured his right ankle in the second game of the year. That injury precluded him from reaching a one-time incentive that would have paid Winslow $5.37 million and also would have triggered escalators that would have raised future base salaries by $5.215 million.

At least twice in Winslow's contract – in the "optional extension agreement" and in the "signing, reporting and playing bonus addendum" – there is specific language regarding the off-field activities in which the player is precluded from participating. The sections of both addendums are similar in verbiage and refer to "hazardous activities" that "involve a significant risk of personal injury ... including, but not limited to skydiving, hang gliding, mountain climbing, auto racing, motorcycling, scuba diving and skiing."

The bonus addendum stipulates that, if Winslow defaults on the contract between Feb. 2, 2005 and Feb. 1, 2006, "the player shall forfeit and immediately return and refund to [the] club," $5 million of his original $6 million signing bonus. In the case of the optional extension agreement, Winslow could be asked to relinquish all of the $4,412,500 option payment if he defaults on or before Feb. 1, 2006.

The option payment extends the contract through the 2010 season. The Browns already paid Winslow $2 million of the $4,412,500 to exercise the option. The balance is due on July 15, 2006.

Incentive laden contract 40 million

Braking leg on a special team play 10.58 million

Riding a Suzuki 9.412 million

Being a dumb*ss Soldier with

the possibility of being cut by

the Browns PRICELESS

Edited by TJOLIRPH