[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Winslow is now Winthrown

DMD

maybe not but i think he is brain damaged

800298[/snapback]

Well....the helmet DID fly off his head. Apparently he was confused about how to fasten the chinstrap. :D

Edit: :D's know how to snap on chin straps. :D

Edited by SteelBunz

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well....the helmet DID fly off his head.  Apparently he was confused about how to fasten the chinstrap. :D

Edit:  :D's know how to snap on chin straps. :D

800966[/snapback]

Bunzie I cannot believe you've gone to the dark side of the Huddle like that.

There was a sighting of Ricky Williams with Winslow...he has yet to be found after the accident....or was the story Winslow was riding Ricky in a parking lot??? Too much smoke to tell what really took place.... :D

Alot of teams have clauses in their contracts specifically regarding motorcycle riding which can cause the contract to be voided. Not sure if the Browns do or not?

I can't believe some of these guys. Just dumb.

800627[/snapback]

According to profootballtalk.com:

WINSLOW TO LOSE MORE THAN $9 MILLION?

Setting aside for now the question of whether Browns tight end "Evel Kellenievel" Winslow should have been riding a motorcycle as he still rehabs from a broken leg that scuttled his 2004 rookie season (and prevented him from earning a big-money bonus payment by failing to participate in 30 percent of the team's offensive snaps), we've gotten a look-see at Winslow's contract, which indicates that he shouldn't have been riding a motorcycle at all. Ever. Period.

As a general matter, Winslow has breached Paragraph 3 of his contract, which prevents him from "engag[ing] in any activity other than football which may involve a significant risk of personal injury."

And this breach could have significant consequences. Winslow's motorcycling allows the team (if it so chooses) to recover $5 million of his initial signing bonus and the full $4.4125 million of his option bonus triggered at the outset of the 2005 league year, $2.4125 million of which won't actually be paid to Winslow until July 15.

So the total potential price tag on Winslow's deliberate failure to comply with the terms of his contract is a whopping $9.4125 million.

Under the contract, Winslow becomes potentially responsible to pay back the bonus money due to "injury as a result of a breach of Paragraph 3 of the Contract" or "as a result of participation in hazardous activities which involve a significant risk of personal injury and are non-football in nature, including but not limited to skydiving, hang gliding, mountain climbing, auto racing, motorcycling, scuba diving, or skiing." (Emphasis added.)

The bottom line is that, under the terms of Winslow's deal, getting injured while motorcycling is no different that walking away from his contractual obligations, a la Ricky Williams did nearly a year ago.

In either case, the club can recover bonus money.

And in Winslow's case, he could end up forking over more than $9 million.

The bigger question is whether the Browns should make a grab for Winslow's $9 million. Since the guy that drafted Winslow is long gone and given that we can't imagine Winslow and 2005 first-round pick Braylon Edwards co-existing in the same conference much less in the same locker room, we think the Browns should send Winslow a bill for $9.4125 million, and then let nature take its course.

If nothing else, such a move could help the Browns recoup a major chunk of Butch Davis' buyout.

Alot of teams have clauses in their contracts specifically regarding motorcycle riding which can cause the contract to be voided. Not sure if the Browns do or not?

I can't believe some of these guys. Just dumb.

800627[/snapback]

Apparently,his contract does have a no motorcycle clause.

This could end up being one expensive header.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2051653

Wonder if he still thinks he is "The Chosen One"? ... I say they the Brownies recoup some of the bonus money from him and make him earn it back since the only thing that he has given them so far is headaches ... oh yeah, and five receptions for 50 yards.

I really want to see what this guy can do in the NFL, so the sooner full time training camp rolls around (where they can control his extra curricular activities), the better.

If not, at the rate this guy is going (woopsies over the handle bars :D ), I might never get to see him play.

800617[/snapback]

Man.........when I wrote that, the extent of the injuries for his ill advised curbside encounter, weren't disclosed.

Now I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever get to see this kid play in the NFL....and even if I do, how much of his natural talent is going to be left after the badly broken leg, possiblly torn knee and shoulder ligaments?

Bummer :D

I know I am showing up late to this post but i just had to comment.

Kellen Winslow II and his advsors have got to be some of the dumbest people in history. He raised quite a fuss when he was drafted last year about how great he was in college and how awesome he was yet to be in the NFL.

He then held out for the richest contract ever given to a TE. He had his dad, an NFL veteran, as his closest advisor as well as some attorneys I'm sure and yet apparently none of these college educated people ever considered reading the contract he held out for. I am guessing they didn't read it anyway, because otherwise why would this moron risk it all just so he could take a ride on a f'ing motorcycle.

He had already missed out on more than 5 million dollars in bonuses by not playing enough last year due to injuries and then less than 4 months before the start of training camp he risks his original signing bonus as well as playing time this year by riding and wrecking the motorcycle.

And the contract apparently very clearly stated that doing so could void the entire contract. Man someone should have read that document.

Can anyone say Bad Karma?

I hate to see that his injuries look to be quite serious but if I'm the Browns I cut bait ASAP.If they can recoup cash or completely void the contract more power to them.Winslow may be a great talent but he is an absolutely spoiled rotten little brat.Kellen Sr. seems like he has a good head on his shoulders but his boy has the attitude that he is above it all.He is the Ken Griffey Jr. of the NFL.

I hate to see that his injuries look to be quite serious but if I'm the Browns I cut bait ASAP.If they can recoup cash or completely void the contract more power to them.Winslow may be a great talent but he is an absolutely spoiled rotten little brat.Kellen Sr. seems like he has a good head on his shoulders but his boy has the attitude that he is above it all.He is the Ken Griffey Jr. of the NFL.

803257[/snapback]

Ken Griffey Jr. at least had a career.

Winslow is one stupid motherfuc.ker

Kellen Sr. sure did a fine job of raising his namesake. :D

If he has a torn knee ligament, I'd be looking to take back that $5 mil signing bonus and cut him. They overpaid for a guy who acts like a jackass in the locker room AND off the field... and now he's suffered major injuries TWICE in less than 8 months. It may be time for the Brownies to cut their losses and move on.

803257[/snapback]

huh? griffey is a hall of famer, with a thousand times more class than winslow. get a clue.