[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Winslow is now Winthrown

DMD

No idea of his condition

WESTLAKE, Ohio -- Browns tight end Kellen Winslow Jr. was injured in a motorcycle accident, but the team said his injuries aren't life-threatening.

Winslow was riding in a community college parking lot Sunday when he hit a curb at about 35 mph and was thrown from the motorcycle, police Lt. Ray Arcuri said.

He was taken by ambulance to Fairview Hospital and was scheduled to be transferred to the Cleveland Clinic on Monday where the team's medical staff would treat him, Browns spokesman Bill Bonsiewicz said.

"He went over the handlebars and was real evasive about what the injuries were," Arcuri said.

Winslow was wearing a helmet, but it wasn't strapped on and flew off his head, Arcuri said. He and four other men were riding motorcycles in the parking lot, not far from Winslow's home.

The first-round draft pick missed nearly all of his rookie year after breaking his leg in the second game of the season. He has had two operations on the leg.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Winslow Injured in Motorcycle Accident --

AP reports Cleveland Browns second-year TE Kellen Winslow Jr. was injured in a motorcycle accident, but the team said his injuries aren't life-threatening.

maybe not but i think he is brain damaged

He's a warrior, he'll ready to play  :D  What a F'n idiot.

800215[/snapback]

Right, how about some riding lessons in an effort to allow you to successfully avoid curbs in a parking lot? Only a complete tool crashes in a parking lot.

Clearly, he can't ride! What a complete fool this guy is.

Must feel pretty cool out scoping for community college coeds and taking a sh1tter over the bars! :D

I really want to see what this guy can do in the NFL, so the sooner full time training camp rolls around (where they can control his extra curricular activities), the better.

If not, at the rate this guy is going (woopsies over the handle bars :D ), I might never get to see him play.

Every time I see a sports star get hurt "off the job" doing something dumb, it reminds me of Georghe Muresan (sp?). He was seriously injured playing with his wife's Suzanne Sommers ab-sizer thingee.

Interesting article. Don't most contracts these days ask their studs to stay off those motorcycles?

:D

Bob Dickson

800247[/snapback]

Alot of teams have clauses in their contracts specifically regarding motorcycle riding which can cause the contract to be voided. Not sure if the Browns do or not?

I can't believe some of these guys. Just dumb.