[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Carl is obviously pissed that people

wiegie

And third, regarding MH #23...it was around 2000/2001 and the Huddle was having a server upgrade, I made a joke in a thread that week about 'Carl the Huddle upgrade server technician' having some difficulties with the upgrade...needless to say, over the next few years the legend of Carl grew to a certain degree that went way beyond me...I'd catch threads where Huddler's I'd never heard of were mentioning him...pretty funny if you asked me.  Even DMD mentioned him in a few threads...one of my signatures around 2002/2003 was taken from an email that I had received from the Huddle about the site being down due to technical difficulties, so I reworded it to include the line 'Carl is doing everything in his power to have the site back up and running soon' and stuck it in my sig line.  Last year in 2004, during WW doing another server upgrade, certain parts of the site were down and only a few people were around at the time...I got bored one day and started posting in WW's upgrade thread a story about how the Huddle Corporate Headquarters was being besieged by angry Huddlers that day...I'd post a few paragraphs every few hours and then WW would delete them...I know Skylive, Hugh One, and few others were around that day so I'm not sure who really caught any of it, but the story evolved around the site being down due to Carl being kidnapped by the FBG staff as they were after the Huddles 'Webutron6000' server upgrade software...the story evolved with several hundred angry huddlers rioting outside the Huddle office building, Spain being tied to a tree and left for several weeks, Carl being kidnapped, and the Starbucks across the street having an ill-fated 'can drive' that turned ugly and got several hundred Huddlers arrested after accosting female passer-bys and dragging them into the Starbucks, you figure it out... :D anyways, that's pretty much how Carl evolved...

So, when I started doing the MH this year there was never any question about having Carl as a MH...there was a user ID for him that somebody had registered way back in 2002 and only used a few times.  I tried emailing that person for the ID but they never responded back...DMD was kind enough to let me use that ID for my purposes...I had Carl 'come to life' by 'fixing' a few things over in the test forum, and he responded to a few MH's along the way...there were several other people in on it but I don't really want to mention any more names than I already have, they can chime in if they want as they know who they are...but basically, Carl is really a figment of my imagination and MH #23 was a HUGH fishing trip. 

There are several really good detectives in this group, and I figured it was only a matter of time before somebody got wise to the whole thing and ratted me out...there were a few clues I gave you that nobody seemed to notice, or at least let on that they noticed...and there were a few that some people did notice...

1.  Carl's birthday on his profile says Feb. 29th, 1969...

2.  The pics of Carl I googled off the net...I'm sure whoever those pics really are would be a bit upset if they knew what we were doing with them, or maybe not...but that's why I deleted them off my website as fast as I did and made up some bogus story that fooled no one...and the fact that you guys, especially Az, picked up on the fact that the first pic was newer than the others...

3.  If you think about it, there are probably only 4-5 servers needed to run this board, don't really need an IT technician for that...but no one has ever seen WW and Carl in the same room at the same time...hmmm :D

Anyways, reading some of that stuff that you guys wrote brought tears to my eyes, it was just too funny...Carl would be proud if he were actually real...but maybe in the vein of Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny, Carl is out there...and I'm sure he's searching for JJ if he is...

So that's my confession...good luck in all your leagues this year, except for all the guys I play against in my own leagues...hopefully I can do it again next year, or participate myself...

814799[/snapback]

So we are supposed to believe that it is just a coincidence that ABWF denies Carl's existence and then all of a sudden people can't get into the site???

I believe in you Carl.

So we are supposed to believe that it is just a coincidence that ABWF denies Carl's existence and then all of a sudden people can't get into the site???

I believe in you Carl.

816591[/snapback]

thank you. and i should have everything running normally again within a few days.

now where did i put my server hammer? :D

thank you.   and i should have everything running normally again within a few days.

now where did i put my server hammer?  :D

816676[/snapback]

C'mon Carl, get your chit together.

Edited by NSab

thank you.  and i should have everything running normally again within a few days.

816676[/snapback]

It's all the non-believers. And stay inside during the next few rainstorms.

thank you.  and i should have everything running normally again within a few days.

816676[/snapback]

Don't forget to shuffle your shoes along the carpet for a while.....before you touch any of that stuff. That might help. :D