[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Plummer to.......Rice?

Skilly

This is still in the works... local news was reporting it this morning.

I like it. Can he still get up to a moderate speed, make a cut, catch a ball, and fall down?

I smell a third down catch for a first and 10. :D Like Easy Ed without the vicious hit and fear for his life...

This is still in the works... local news was reporting it this morning.

I like it.  Can he still get up to a moderate speed, make a cut, catch a ball, and fall down?

I smell a third down catch for a first and 10.  :D  Like Easy Ed without the vicious hit and fear for his life...

818210[/snapback]

He'd be a fourth or fifth at best. But could be a good tudor for some of the younger chaps.

Rod deserves 80. Great story.

I agree on the comment that he would make a great third down back.

As for the folk saying that he should retire - they should worry about their own careers and let Rice worry about his. So long as someone is willing to sign him and he is enjoying himself - why shouldn't he keep playing.

There are far worse people in the league with jobs.

Rod deserves 80.  Great story. 

I agree on the comment that he would make a great third down back.

As for the folk saying that he should retire - they should worry about their own careers and let Rice worry about his.  So long as someone is willing to sign him and he is enjoying himself - why shouldn't he keep playing. 

There are far worse people in the league with jobs.

822164[/snapback]

This is true, but as for me, I would rather remember the greatest WR in history in his prime, setting records and winning championships, instead of watching an aging superstar struggle to make the team and play as a 4th WR.

#80 in orange and blue belongs to rod smith, period.  i don't think that will even be an issue.

i like this because it actually really fills a need for the broncos.  i think jerry's good for 30 catches and 5 TDs this year.

822191[/snapback]

According to ESPN, Rice will be trying to earn a spot as the 4th WR, behind Smith, Lelie, and Watts. They are not going to impede the progress of the 2 young wideouts, Lelie and Watts, just because he is Jerry Rice.

Per the EPSN story:

Over the 10 seasons in which Shanahan has been head coach, the No. 4 wide receivers in Denver have averaged just 6.6 catches. The third wide receiver spot, a longtime problem area for the Broncos, has averaged only 19.2 catches in that stretch.