[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Drew Bledsoe

spain

I dont think Drew Bledsoe has anything left in the tank. As a matter of fact, I havent been impressed with his skills in the past couple of years. Why Parcells brought another big white stiff with zero mobility in to play qb is beyond me. I am not even sure he is an upgrade over Testaverde. I think re-treading Bledsoe was just another blunder by the Jones/Parcells team. How do you Boys fans feel about starting the season with Drew behind center?

Not a 'Boys fan and I do think that Drew's time will be up soon, but I think that he still has another year or two left in him. He started off shaky last year, but finished well with the emergence of Evans. Not a horrible move by Parcells, given that Vinny will be 42 (!) this year, but I don't see much of an improvement in Dallas' passing game as long as aging players like MeShawn and Terry Glenn are the best options.

Any Cowboy fans gonna share an opinion??? If not I will.

Bledsoe is an upgrade, but a temporary one until the Boys figure out what they are going to do at QB. But he will win some games for them.

He's got some decent weapons to counter his lack of mobility. J Jones will provide them with a running game. Like him or not, Johnson is still a quality "over-the-middle" possession receiver. And Whitten at TE will have another great year being the safely valve receiver when Bledsoe gets in trouble. Add in a healty Terry Glenn, and you have a little outside speed.

But I don't think it's about Bledsoe this year. It's about the defense. If (and it's a big if) they come together this season with all the changes, they, not Bledsoe will be the focal point of this team. They will be the ones keeping them in the playoff hunt.

So Spain, I'm thinking Playoffs, with a first round win.

And for those of you that may think I'm a bit nuts, the Ravens won it all with that HOF duo of Trent Dilfer and Who?????

I like the move..Vinny is a drive ending INT machine..Bledsoe is by no means an elite qb but I like his experience .He is comfortable with Parcells and last year when Mcgahee emerged along with Evans he showed he could still be a pretty good qb..I think Dallas will rely on JJ and the D they worked so hard to put together.Drew isnt going to be the cornerstone of the offense it will be JJ.I think Dallas had a succesful offseason but my 1 knock is not picking up a good wr.

Edited by whomper

I'm a Cowboys fan. I believe that Bledsoe is a big improvement over Vinny. I also think that Bledsoe still has the tolls to perform at a high level in the NFL. And with the running game that the boys will have this year I think Drew will be able to show off his passing skills this year.

I do wish they had gone after a top tier wideout though.

But even still they do have a couple of proven vets in Glenn & Johnson and they do have a couple of young wr's that might be able to stretch the field a little. Between that, the running game and an improved o-line Bledsoes immobility may not be as big an issue as some believe it will be.

And then, as mentioned earlier in this thread, there is the defense. I look to see it back to its 2003 form by midseason at the latest. They have really re-tooled the defense in my opinion for the better.

Just a hunch...look for a huge dose of Julius,(for better or worse), while Drew will be asked to fill the "just don't make any stupid turnovers" roll ala Dilfer.

826014[/snapback]

In other words, typical Parcells football.

If that defense can get back to '03 form, they have a very good shot playing a third-place schedule in a relatively weak NFC.

If Drew can just hand the ball off, and gets LOTS of protection, I think he will have an average year. He can still pick defenses apart if he has the time. I agree though it will have to be the D, and a large dose of JJ that wins the games for them.

Why does everyone hate on Bledsoe he was on the friggin Bills they have no line. Remember this ..... Bledsoe more than likely wont go to the Pro Bowl ( got your attention though) but will have 25 tds+ and 3,500 yds+.

It's an up Grade all day! Drew is far from old form but he is a step up from Vinny!!!! Jo Jo hit the nail on the head.....it's up to the DEF.......If our DEF comes together sooner than later we will be in the playoffs......as far as the O I fel like we could have picked up a wideout at some point..............Glenn has speed and Keyshawn can get the first down! I just hope Julius can carry the load as he has bulked up in the offseason! If he stays health Dallas will be fine even with drew under center......................................Go Cowboys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a Cowboys fan, I am pleased with the upgrade (although minor). I think StatchDrew will do fine behind the Cowboys line. He MUST look for the outlet though as he failed miserably in doing so the last few years in Buffalo. I don't think he had the time or where with all to check down to the rb when he could have had HUGE gains.

Why does everyone hate on Bledsoe he was on the friggin Bills they have no line. Remember this ..... Bledsoe more than likely wont go to the Pro Bowl ( got your attention though) but will have 25 tds+ and 3,500 yds+.

830400[/snapback]

See my avatar....I thought Bledsoe had it in him to produce those numbers last year. Ya our line was very bad, BUT, and TRUST ME ON THIS, no matter the protection you give him, he will not put up these numbers. Even the smallest amount of pressure on him makes him start to think like Rob Johnson.

I honestly feel he has come to the end of his game. Ive always, and still am, have been a Bledsoe fan. I just feel as though he does not have it in him to win anymore.

Best of luck to him and the Cowboys this year. (I never thought Id say that about the cowboys).

but will have 25 tds+ and 3,500 yds+.

830400[/snapback]

Ya our line was very bad, BUT, and TRUST ME ON THIS, no matter the protection you give him, he will not put up these numbers.

833533[/snapback]

I'm not sure that 3500/25 is all that outrageous. With that self professed bad line he still put up like 2700/20 last year in Buffalo. The thing that will keep him from putting up those numbers this year is the focus on ball control(ie Julius Jones and the other backs they brought in). I think Bledsoe is a definite upgrade. Did you see Vinny last year?