[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Two current mocks to view

DMD

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of things so far that have come up for me.

1. N. Burleson vs. J. Porter

Statistically virtually the same player. Both started all 16, both had 9 TDs. Burleson 159 catches, Porter 153. So the question for me when trying to decide which of the two (I ended up with neither, BTW) who benefits more for Moss' relocation? Burleson has the beter QB. Burleson's role will definitely increase but I'm certain he'll be a much bigger focus of opposing defenses next year. I would also think that Porter will be seeing significantly less double coverage and if LaMont Jordan can be successful all the better. Who do you like better?

2. D. Staley

Shame on me but I'm not finished with my rankings yet so I'm using a printout of last year's stats. Assuming he's healthy he slid way to far in the Dynasty draft, IMHO. Gilthorp made a heck of a pick there I think at 5.06. He wasn't even on my radar and would have made a nice #3 RB for me at 5.10 where I'd have missed him. :D

Things that popped into my head immediately:

1. Still no love for Tiki Barber.

2. After the top 3 QBs, there doesn't really seem to be any sense in taking a QB until the seventh round or later. I like plenty of the QBs still on the board and the mock is currently in the 6th round.

3. RBs are looking highly unpredictable this year. Ahman Green falling to the middle of the second round surprised me, as did Dom Davis and C. Portis in the first round.

4. The rookie RBs are going in the 3rd round in this mock. If they show any skill during the preseason, I'll be interested to see how high they climb. And, more importantly, if they do climb, which players will fall. The prospect of any of the RBs currently in the second round falling to round three is intriguing.

Things that popped into my head immediately:

1. Still no love for Tiki Barber.

2. After the top 3 QBs, there doesn't really seem to be any sense in taking a QB until the seventh round or later. I like plenty of the QBs still on the board and the mock is currently in the 6th round.

3. RBs are looking highly unpredictable this year. Ahman Green falling to the middle of the second round surprised me, as did Dom Davis and C. Portis in the first round.

4. The rookie RBs are going in the 3rd round in this mock. If they show any skill during the preseason, I'll be interested to see how high they climb. And, more importantly, if they do climb, which players will fall. The prospect of any of the RBs currently in the second round falling to round three is intriguing.

828902[/snapback]

Remember, this is a 'Dynasty' league draft and not a typical redraft...so younger players will be selected higher than normal...

Okay, but 4.04?

828939[/snapback]

Just my take but Clarett getting draft at 3.37 has to mean something. I reserve my right to change this opinion as the summer progresses but as of now that bothers me a bit considering I'm just not that high on him to begin with.

redraft mock

829070[/snapback]

hmmm...I have problems with rookie RBs going before the likes of Marvin Harrison, Chris Brown, and Torry Holt in a redraft league...

Are you sure this is redraft? I know I'm no expert but me thinks there are either a couple of 'glaring' lapses in people's choices or that some of the so-called 'experts' on here are intentionally throwing this thing for the mis-information value...some of these picks are just too much out in left field...

Edited by ABearWithFurniture

hmmm...I have problems with rookie RBs going before the likes of Marvin Harrison, Chris Brown, and Torry Holt in a redraft league...

Are you sure this is redraft?  I know I'm no expert but me thinks there are either a couple of 'glaring' lapses in people's choices or that some of the so-called 'experts' on here are intentionally throwing this thing for the mis-information value...some of these picks are just too much out in left field...

829084[/snapback]

Did you follow the actual Sofa Draft last year? There were some picks I thought were out in left field and also some strange drafting strategy.

DMD: am I mistaken, or did you just draft Droughns in the Dynasty draft, even though Suggs was still on the board? That Suggs is still available at 7.07 is, by itself, rather interesting.

Edited by yo mama