[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Two current mocks to view

DMD

hmmm...I have problems with rookie RBs going before the likes of Marvin Harrison, Chris Brown, and Torry Holt in a redraft league...

Are you sure this is redraft?  I know I'm no expert but me thinks there are either a couple of 'glaring' lapses in people's choices or that some of the so-called 'experts' on here are intentionally throwing this thing for the mis-information value...some of these picks are just too much out in left field...

829084[/snapback]

I had Chris Brown targetted in the 3rd round but he went in the pick before me (thanks DMD). I could have taken Harrison and Holt, but with Randy Moss already on roster and a ton of solid WR's left on the board I felt I needed to get my second RB right away so I went with rookie Ronnie Brown.

I saw that someone questioned my selection of Tiki Barber at 1.05. Its amazing how this guy continues to be underrated. I figured with the season he had last year (nearly 2100 total yards and 15 total TDs) he would have finally gotten the respect he deserves. Not enuff? One season doesn't cut it? Lets take a look at how he has done over the last 3 seasons:

2004 - 1518 yds rushing, 578 yds receiving, 15 TDs

2003 - 1215 yds rushing, 461 yds receiving, 3 TDs

2002 - 1386 yds rushing, 598 yds receiving, 11 TDs

Lets now take a look at Edgerrin James, the guy I passed over to get Tiki:

2004 - 1548 yds rushing 483 receiving, 11 TDs

2003 - 1257 yds rushing, 292 receiving, 13 TDs

2002 - 989 yds rushing, 353 receiving, 3 TDs (played 14 games)

So before you jump to conclusions, before you call Tiki a reach, take a look at what he has done.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DMD: am I mistaken, or did you just draft Droughns in the Dynasty draft, even though Suggs was still on the board?  That Suggs is still available at 7.07 is, by itself, rather interesting.

829096[/snapback]

Hmm.. sort of a problem with my preselects I would think. I was in a draft tonight and preselected too much it appears. And so just sssshhhhh about eelay uggsay.

DMD: am I mistaken, or did you just draft Droughns in the Dynasty draft, even though Suggs was still on the board?  That Suggs is still available at 7.07 is, by itself, rather interesting.

829096[/snapback]

He won't be available for long.

DMD, hope Desmond works out for ya................. :D

829187[/snapback]

That was already corrected to DALLAS Clark.... :D

Neither are healthy, so what difference does it make?  :D

829191[/snapback]

But Dallas is expected to be over his April groin surgery by July, so training camp - no problem. Desmond - even bionic limbs would not help him.

Hmm.. sort of a problem with my preselects I would think. I was in a draft tonight and preselected too much it appears. And so just sssshhhhh  about eelay uggsay.

829184[/snapback]

Next time, just give me the keys. I'll be your designated drafter. Because friends don't let friends draft pre-select.

I had Chris Brown targetted in the 3rd round but he went in the pick before me (thanks DMD). I could have taken Harrison and Holt, but with Randy Moss already on roster and a ton of solid WR's left on the board I felt I needed to get my second RB right away so I went with rookie Ronnie Brown.

I saw that someone questioned my selection of Tiki Barber at 1.05. Its amazing how this guy continues to be underrated. I figured with the season he had last year (nearly 2100 total yards and 15 total TDs) he would have finally gotten the respect he deserves. Not enuff? One season doesn't cut it? Lets take a look at how he has done over the last 3 seasons:

2004 - 1518 yds rushing, 578 yds receiving, 15 TDs

2003 - 1215 yds rushing, 461 yds receiving, 3 TDs

2002 - 1386 yds rushing, 598 yds receiving, 11 TDs

Lets now take a look at Edgerrin James, the guy I passed over to get Tiki:

2004 - 1548 yds rushing 483 receiving, 11 TDs

2003 - 1257 yds rushing, 292 receiving, 13 TDs

2002 - 989 yds rushing, 353 receiving, 3 TDs (played 14 games)

So before you jump to conclusions, before you call Tiki a reach, take a look at what he has done.

829182[/snapback]

I wasn't surprised he went in the 1st round, I was surprised at how early. I think he will put up some solid numbers this year. I think I was the only one who put him in the top ten.

I'm scared to take TO early incase he holds out.  What do you guys think?

829198[/snapback]

If I had to bet, I would lay money on Owens showing up for training camp, playing out a great year and then landing somewhere else in 2006.

I am stunned that Drew Brees fell to 10.07 in the SOFA draft! :bigshock: I can understand drafting him behind the likes of Manning, Culpepper, and McNabb. I can even understand drafting him after Vick, Favre, and Bulger. What I can't understand is ranking him below Collins, Pennington, Plummer, Delhomme, and BROOKS!!! I mean, COME ON!!!! :D

What I can't understand is ranking him below Collins, Pennington, Plummer, Delhomme, and BROOKS!!! I mean, COME ON!!!!  :D

829247[/snapback]

I can gaurantee you one of them will out perform Brees next year.

I can gaurantee you one of them will out perform Brees next year.

829475[/snapback]

hmmm...which one though. Delhomme was the only one of those to score higher than Brees last year in most of my perf. leagues...and that was just barely and with Brees sitting out the last game of the year...

hmmm...which one though.  Delhomme was the only one of those to score higher than Brees last year in most of my perf. leagues...and that was just barely and with Brees sitting out the last game of the year...

829566[/snapback]

:D I'll tell you after a few more rounds :D but it ain't Delhomme.

I'll tell you now if you promise not to take him at 9.11 since I'm planning on taking him at 10.03.

Edited by Clubfoothead

:D I'll tell you after a few more rounds :D but it ain't Delhomme.

I'll tell you now if you promise not to take him at 9.11 since I'm planning on taking him at 10.03.

829573[/snapback]

I actually like Delhomme a bit better than Brees but only in a redraft or keeper league. Over the long haul of a dynasty I have Brees ranked higher though...and I won't be picking another QB until at least the 11th or 12th round...

hmmm...which one though.  Delhomme was the only one of those to score higher than Brees last year in most of my perf. leagues...and that was just barely and with Brees sitting out the last game of the year...

829566[/snapback]

bear likes harrington :D:D:D

That was last year...Harrington isn't in any of my gameplans for this year... :D

829667[/snapback]

He should be. Towards the end of last year, he finally showed the explosive FF numbers he could bring week in and week out (at least I remember him having one game where he knocked me out of my local), and he has more weapons now.

If there's one guy that can be given another chance, he's one of them.

Who would you go with: Aaron Brooks or Joey?

I'd take Brooks over Joey, although both were way too inconsistent last year...I'd rather have Delhomme or Brees

829851[/snapback]

I'd rather have Delhomme over Brooks and Joey, especially with the return of Steve Smith