[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DirecTV reduces Superfan price to $49

georgemoe

FYI to Huddlers who will bew paying for DirecTV's Superfan with HD. Just posted over at the AVS forum.

Vice President, Communications

DIRECTV, Inc.

"We have heard from several customers and we have listened to their concerns. As a result, we are reducing the price of the SuperFan option from $99 to $49 for existing DIRECTV NFL Sunday Ticket subscribers who renew their Sunday Ticket subscription for this season on or before August 31."

*** I cannot find a link to the news item so it could still be BS until confirmed ***

Still too much for me. I cancelled my DirecTV last week.

Their cancellation department had me on hold for 8 minutes... :eek: That seemed a little weird that the cancellation dept. was busier than their customer service department...

The guy I talked to asked me why I was cancelling, and I told him that Sunday Ticket was too much, and they had just raised my regular service rates... and that comcast could get me a better price and included cable internet.

He said, "Did you take that offer for $59/month"?

"Yeah."

"I can't blame you... that's a good deal."

:D

He said, "Did you take that offer for $59/month"?

"Yeah."

"I can't blame you... that's a good deal."

:D

835674[/snapback]

That is a great attempt to save a customer :D

I haven't cancelled DirecTV yet, but Dish Network keeps calling. They are offering a HD-DVR for no upfront cost ($5 or $10 per month). I officially cancelled Sunday Ticket on Monday. When they asked why, I said because of the Superfan. I told them I'd keep it if they gave me Superfan for free. The CSR told me, "Yeah, that's what everyone's been saying."

Sorry DirecTV, I might've paid $50 if that had been the initial price. Now I've already decided not to get the Sunday Ticket. I'll happily watch the Lions only in HD over the air for free.

That is a great attempt to save a customer :D

835677[/snapback]

That's what I was thinking... :D

But, I talked to my buddy in Boston, and he told me that Digital Cable and internet where he lives is around $130... so for him, DirectTV would still be a far better deal. Weird how the cable companies are only flexing their muscles in certain areas.

I wonder if being that far in the Northeast makes the DirecTV signal much weaker... after all, the satellites are over Texas, right? I bet it goes out in bad weather more often or something.

I'm surprised that DTV is reducing the price at all. They've got the monopoly on the NFL product. I'd love to see cable companies or Dish be able to offer the NFL package, so the price would come down, but didn't the NFL re-up with DTV for another 5 years or so last year??

I'll still be a slave to DTV, because I can't live without Sunday Ticket! I'd spend more money over the course of the season sitting in sports bars every Sunday than staying home with DTV. :D

That's what I was thinking... :D

But, I talked to my buddy in Boston, and he told me that Digital Cable and internet where he lives is around $130... so for him, DirectTV would still be a far better deal.  Weird how the cable companies are only flexing their muscles in certain areas.

I wonder if being that far in the Northeast makes the DirecTV signal much weaker... after all, the satellites are over Texas, right?  I bet it goes out in bad weather more often or something.

835915[/snapback]

The price is high here in Pittsburgh too. It is approx 60.00 digital cable and I think it is 47.00 for the internet. The first thing I did after I read your post was go to Comcast's web site and see if there was a new promotion that I wasn't aware of that could save me a ton of money. No such luck for me but seems like a heck of a deal for you.

I pay about $140 for my Comcast digital cable (5 movie channels and HD) + cable modem. Ugh. Is there a better deal out there for existing customers?

I hate how they give new customers 3 month package deals and then screw 'em...but that's just the way it is nowadays.

I pay about $140 for my Comcast digital cable (5 movie channels and HD) + cable modem.  Ugh.  Is there a better deal out there for existing customers?

I hate how they give new customers 3 month package deals and then screw 'em...but that's just the way it is nowadays.

835973[/snapback]

Mine was a package for Dish customers... Cable/HBO, and internet for 1 year at 59.99. Then it jumps to $85. Comcast must have tougher competition up here.

I wonder if being that far in the Northeast makes the DirecTV signal much weaker... after all, the satellites are over Texas, right?  I bet it goes out in bad weather more often or something.

835915[/snapback]

I'm not sure about this. I'm in the NE and before upgrading to the 3sat dish (sats 101 - 110 - 119), I used to pull in sat 101 perfectly regardless of weather conditions. Honestly, I can't recall one day that I lost a signal.

Now I have the 3sat and left the mast in the same spot. During bad weather I lose 110 and 119 sometimes and that sucks because a bit of HD is there. I think losing signal is a combo of these other sats being lower in the horizon and they've brought this big azz tree into play. :D Signal should be better during winter and fall though and thats when it counts. :D

I pay $85 now for (3) rec, 1 w/HD TiVo, HBO, HD pack, and locals. Cheaper than Comcast is in my area - non limited time pricing.

Mine was a package for Dish customers... Cable/HBO, and internet for 1 year at 59.99.  Then it jumps to $85.  Comcast must have tougher competition up here.

835986[/snapback]

I also got a package for Dish customers: Cable/HBO and free DVR w/HDTV decorder for 16 months at $29.99. I signed up for the Cable Modem separately, at $19.99 for 6 months. After the six months is up I'll probably switch back to SBC DSL. It blows my mind that someone would pay $140/month for TV/Internet.

I also got a package for Dish customers: Cable/HBO and free DVR w/HDTV decorder for 16 months at $29.99. I signed up for the Cable Modem separately, at $19.99 for 6 months. After the six months is up I'll probably switch back to SBC DSL. It blows my mind that someone would pay $140/month for TV/Internet.

836111[/snapback]

I'd pay $200 a month or even more for Sunday ticket if I could get it.

Unfortunately, I do not have an unobstructed view of the southwest sky as I live in a heavily wooded area. So, I can't get Direct TV. I was hoping their merger with Echostar would go through, because Echostar has a satellite in the northern sky - but it fell through. That particular Echostar satellite primarily serves Canada, so I would have had to watch Canadian TV alot - but it would have been worth it to me to have the NFL package.

Oh well - I'll just have to keep checking the internet for updates while I watch the local games.