[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Whose career would you rather have?

whomper

If you could chose one of their careers as your own whose would you chose?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. If you could chose one of their careers as your own whose would you chose?

• Troy Aikman
    • Dan Marino

So who is at fault when the team loses?? The QB gets all the credit so I think they should take it the other way too......................that's just me!!! :D I don't really think Marino is a loser....................I just think everybody around him did more for him being who he is and get no credit!  :D Damm a record just give me the ring  :D

836253[/snapback]

losses can be attributed to a number of factors (sometimes even the qb). i am not one who gives all the credit and blame to 1 person.

in marino's case: sometimes him, sometimes lack of strong running attack, sometimes poor defense, sometimes coaching

my world is not black and white

not a cowboy fan here-

voted aikman.  "winning makes everything allright"  while not nearly as talented, being on winning teams has had to left amazing memories for aikman, which imo, trump the individual accomplishments Marino holds.  Marino may have left more of a mark on the game, but i would take aikman's career.  also, i would never call marino a loser- not his fault the team didn't win championships.

836236[/snapback]

Voted Aikman too ... give me the SB rings - can't take them away, but records can be broken (e.g., Manning's 50 TD's) - one down, a few more to go.

Also, Aikman at least got a few good nites with Lorrie Morgan. :D:D

This is a good question.  Most would vote for Troy as he was the QB on a team which won 3 rings. Dan's team won nada. 

However, in 25 years who do you think is going to be remembered more??

836093[/snapback]

Who is the most memorable QB of the 70's?

Probably terry bradshaw. That makes a little bit of a case for Aikman.

Great question.  I take the titles.

836084[/snapback]

This is a great question. The answer is Aikman. He had greater "career success". Hell I think Marino would pick Aikman...he spoke openly about wanting to win the big one. The pride of personal success versus the pain from a lack of rings has always been visible with him.

But like the earlier thread this question allows some respondants to presuppose that to answer the question Aikman means that therefore Aikman was the GREATER QB of the two. This is absurd.

Like the earlier thread that argues that Brady is the Best Ever...Aikman's career success is a testament to his abilities, but also of his team's greatness.

Not to overstate the obvious, but Troy Aikman was not better than Dan Marino.

:D Come on you're telling me you would be happy knowing everybody knows your a loser? YES......they will remember you but for what????? Never being able to get over the hump!

#8 on the other hand will be remember too just in a different conversation; you can't talk about Marino in conversations referance to Winning Superbowls!

I'll take the superbowl wins and I don't look back in 25 years they will be still  :D be checking the stats on that!!

836208[/snapback]

Marino is a loser..... what a stupid statement. The QB who rewrote the record book. That's like calling Ted Williams a loser. His team never won a World Series but he is universally considered as the greatest hitter to ever play.

You are kidding, right?  Aikman had more skills?

As a Dolphin fan this question was difficult to answer, but I had to take Aikman.  Since Marino has all of the individual alcolades (SP?) but not the ultimate team prize.  I think I would rather be able to say I won 3 Super Bowls than say I own almost every passing record in the book. 

Aikman will forever be rememberd as a winner and will forever have a special bond with those guys he won championships with.

836187[/snapback]

And by the way, I believe it's accolades. :D

I think it's an easy call.

What does everyone say, Records are made to be broken. We always think a record will stand the test of time but someone eventually sets a new standard. After your record is gone what do you have?

But championships? They live on forever and people will worship you forever when you win a championship.

If you're in to all that............