[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Whose career would you rather have?

whomper

If you could chose one of their careers as your own whose would you chose?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. If you could chose one of their careers as your own whose would you chose?

• Troy Aikman
    • Dan Marino

Keeping with the theme of the boards lately.Just curious

836022[/snapback]

This is a good question. Most would vote for Troy as he was the QB on a team which won 3 rings. Dan's team won nada.

However, in 25 years who do you think is going to be remembered more??

This is a good question.  Most would vote for Troy as he was the QB on a team which won 3 rings. Dan's team won nada. 

836093[/snapback]

I'd be Marino.

Aikman is gay.

So is Brady for that matter.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

But I would have chosen Tom Brady had he been an option because he has 3 Titles and several years left to play.

836086[/snapback]

I left Brady out because I specifically wanted 2 players that were retired so we had concrete facts to go by.

There are to many Cowboy fans on the huddle to make this a legit poll.

836116[/snapback]

You do possibly have a point but I wouldnt have voted for Danny White if he was the choice even though he has rings.

836093[/snapback]

The question is: Whose career would you rather have?

In 25 years Aikman and Marino are going to remember their careers from their own perspective not everyone elses.

Vote? Aikman. I don't want the frustration that comes with being so individually great but lacking that ultimate team success.

Vote?  Aikman.  I don't want the frustration that comes with being so individually great but lacking that ultimate team success.

836157[/snapback]

Not only that. The talent factor, too. Aikman had more skills.

The question is:  Whose career would you rather have?

In 25 years Aikman and Marino are going to remember their careers from their own perspective not everyone elses.

Vote?  Aikman.  I don't want the frustration that comes with being so individually great but lacking that ultimate team success.

836157[/snapback]

Miscreant has a point here....

As great as Dan Marino's career was - he is still subjected to idiotic jabs from - of all people...Boomer Esiason - because he never won the big one.

Boomer would be shining Aikman's knob if Troy was on CBS - and he should be polishing Dan's as well. But the lack of a ring gives idiots like Boomer the little opening that they need to spray their bitter venom on HOFers like Marino.

Not only that.  The talent factor, too.  Aikman had more skills.

836167[/snapback]

You are kidding, right? Aikman had more skills?

As a Dolphin fan this question was difficult to answer, but I had to take Aikman. Since Marino has all of the individual alcolades (SP?) but not the ultimate team prize. I think I would rather be able to say I won 3 Super Bowls than say I own almost every passing record in the book.

Aikman will forever be rememberd as a winner and will forever have a special bond with those guys he won championships with.

This is a good question.  Most would vote for Troy as he was the QB on a team which won 3 rings. Dan's team won nada. 

836093[/snapback]

:D Come on you're telling me you would be happy knowing everybody knows your a loser? YES......they will remember you but for what????? Never being able to get over the hump!

#8 on the other hand will be remember too just in a different conversation; you can't talk about Marino in conversations referance to Winning Superbowls!

I'll take the superbowl wins and I don't look back in 25 years they will be still :D be checking the stats on that!!

Edited by MrGameTime

not a cowboy fan here-

voted aikman. "winning makes everything allright" while not nearly as talented, being on winning teams has had to left amazing memories for aikman, which imo, trump the individual accomplishments Marino holds. Marino may have left more of a mark on the game, but i would take aikman's career. also, i would never call marino a loser- not his fault the team didn't win championships.

Not a Cowboy fan (still bitter about the Drew Pearson *&%# Pushoff! and the Walker *&*% Trade)

But I voted for Aikman as he has the titles and got to play with Emmitt!!!

Edited by T-Scorp

836093[/snapback]

I voted for Aikman as well. Hopefully neither will be remembered for what they've done in the booth as they both suck. :D

not a cowboy fan here-

voted aikman.  "winning makes everything allright"  while not nearly as talented, being on winning teams has had to left amazing memories for aikman, which imo, trump the individual accomplishments Marino holds.  Marino may have left more of a mark on the game, but i would take aikman's career.  also, i would never call marino a loser- not his fault the team didn't win championships.

836236[/snapback]

So who is at fault when the team loses?? The QB gets all the credit so I think they should take it the other way too......................that's just me!!! :D I don't really think Marino is a loser....................I just think everybody around him did more for him being who he is and get no credit! :D Damm a record just give me the ring :D