[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

*** Huddle Mock 3 ***

DMD

Guess 'cuz this is an 8-team mock there isn't as much desire for running commentary from Blitz and the rest of the peanut gallery. I miss all of that.... :D

The :D enjoys being a part of the peanut gallery.

Edited by darin3

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

now, now... we waited quite awhile for you this morning.... :D  :D

860579[/snapback]

No one averaged more than 10 minutes a pick - astounding!

I have to admit.... I'm stumped about this mock. How many 8 team leagues are there? If there was even one, I'd have no part of it. Maybe if you had to start 2 QB's, 5 RB's, 11 WR's.....  :D

859918[/snapback]

Both of my local leagues are 8 teamers. Neither league wants to expand because they aren't as into FFL as I am and don't keep up in the offseason. They like being able to be stupid and still get decent teams. Needless to say, I usually dominate. We don't play for money or anything, so I'm going to try to start a new 12 team dynasty league with some of the better players from both leagues and see how big a difference it is! I hope I can get enough guys to do it, but my response so far has not been too good. I need new friends! :D

Guess 'cuz this is an 8-team mock there isn't as much desire for running commentary from Blitz and the rest of the peanut gallery.  I miss all of that.... :D

The :D enjoys being a part of the peanut gallery.

860338[/snapback]

You all finish 0-0-13. You all suck equally. :D

Hellions

Culpepper, LT, Bensen, Harrison, Horn, JSmith, McMichael, Akers, ATL/TB

What's not to like about that starting lineup? Not the greatest defenses to choose from, comes from waiting so long in the draft to get one. Nice depth at RB with Arrington, Brown and Jordan.

Devilwoman

Green, Alexander, Dillon, AJohnson, Wayne, Muhammed, Witten, Graham, PHI

Looks similiar to Hellion's starters except a bit weaker IMO, with the exception of TE and possibly defense. Has Ronnie Brown and LJ Smith as nice depth.

KevinL

Manning, JJones, SJackson, Micheal Clayton, Ward, Moulds, Crumpler, JBrown, CHI

Nice backfield (QB/RB/RB) but I don't like his WRs at all. I like Clayton but am concerned about his production with Galloway in the lineup, as I recall most of his productive games last year came with Galloway hurt. I don't like Ward at all and in an 8 man league I wouldn't want Moulds either (with a rookie QB). Crumpler is solid. Who knows about Chicago? If Curtis has a year like last year it does this team no good ... he needed WRs.

Rhino

Favre/Hasslebeck, James, KJones, Holt, Burleson, DBennett, Dallas Clark, Wilkins, PIT.

Solid in the backfield, Holt is nice and Clark should be good ...but I don't like the WR2 or WR3. Burleson and Bennett could do well, but both are moving into new roles this year and both could struggle. In an 8 man league I might take one of these guys but not both (until my starters were set). Westbrook and Bell could be nice RB depth.

darin3

Collins, McAllister, Portis, Owens, Walker, DJackson, Heap, Vinatieri, BUF.

Collins looks to be the only potential weak spot here. If Moss elevates Collins to the next level I like this team alot (actually I like it anyway). McAllister-Portis is a solid backfield and he may have the best WRs in the league. I am not convinced about Heap ... but he should be fine. Nice team.

Portugal

Palmer/Brooks, Holmes, McGahee, Boldin, RWilliams, Coles, TGonzalez, Longwell, WAS.

Got great value in Palmer and Brooks late. Solid RBs (with Johnson to back up Holmes). Boldin and Williams should be fine ... why you draft Fitz when you already have Boldin is beyond me. Don't like the WR3 on this team. Defense :D

Brent

McNabb, Lewis, RJohnson, CJohnson, Chambers, Bruce, Shockey, Janikowski, BAL

First 4 picks were good picks and a solid start. Hated the 5th pick as I am not a Chambers (MIA) believer. Didn't like the 6th pick of Bennett either ... he has amounted to nothing but hype. Baltimore is nice, but not enough to take this team all the way.

major-tom

Bulger, DDavis, AGreen, Moss, SSmith, Porter/Lelie, Gates, Vanderjagt, NE.

I'm somewhat concerned about AGreen this year and this team doesn't have very good RB depth. Not sure why you draft Porter when you already have RMoss? This team will still be competitive.

---

Looks to me like too many of these owners didn't know how to draft in an 8 man league where depth is less important than front line talent. I'd probably want the teams build by Hellions or darin3 ... and no surprise they looked the most adept at drafting in an 8 man format grabbing stud starters before RB depth.

KevinL

Manning, JJones, SJackson, Micheal Clayton, Ward, Moulds, Crumpler, JBrown, CHI

Nice backfield (QB/RB/RB) but I don't like his WRs at all.  I like Clayton but am concerned about his production with Galloway in the lineup, as I recall most of his productive games last year came with Galloway hurt.  I don't like Ward at all and in an 8 man league I wouldn't want Moulds either (with a rookie QB).  Crumpler is solid.  Who knows about Chicago?  If Curtis has a year like last year it does this team no good ... he needed WRs.

---

Looks to me like too many of these owners didn't know how to draft in an 8 man league where depth is less important than front line talent.  I'd probably want the teams build by Hellions or darin3 ... and no surprise they looked the most adept at drafting in an 8 man format grabbing stud starters before RB depth.

860981[/snapback]

Thanks for the feedback.

When I took Martin at 4.06 (30 overall) he was the last proven stud left. RB taken after him were Benson, Bennett, R Brown, Jordan, Arrington, T Bell, C Williams, Dunn, ... I really think Martin is significantly better than these guys. In fact, Martin scored 267 in this league's system last year, more than the next 7 RB taken COMBINED! Granted 4 of them were rookies but still, Bennet 54, Jordan 63, & Bell 62, only Dunn with 181 was anywhere close. I really got the last RB of that tier, which in my book is ALWAYS a good thing.

I considered taking a WR at that spot but there were a bunch of guys on my list who I considered about the same. Clayton (who I got at 5.03, 35 overall) was actually at the top (above Wayne & Horn who went at 4.07 & 4.08).

I realize my WR look like a weak spot but seriously, WR is a crapshoot. Last year in this scoring system Muhammad, Bennett, Wayne, Stokley, & Clayton finished in the top 12. Who predicted that?

My WR are Clayton, who exceeded all expectations his 1st season; 3 vets who had disappointing years in 2004 (Moulds age 32, Mason age 31, Ward age 29); and the top drafted rookie WR (Edwards). I'll take my chances that a couple of them have decent years and I'll play the match-ups week by week.

If we're being evaluated strictly based on our starting 9, I should have skipped the Martin, Mason, & Suggs picks and grabbed a top DEF & K. Rather, I built RB depth (Martin, Suggs, C Brown) that would help my team in case of injury or possibly I can trade if my WR are indeed a weakness.

I like Clayton but am concerned about his production with Galloway in the lineup, as I recall most of his productive games last year came with Galloway hurt. 

860981[/snapback]

By the way, Galloway played the last 9 games.

Clayton scored 95 in the last 9 games (avg 9.5/wk) and 63 in the first 7 games (avg 7/wk). Not much difference.

Thanks for the feedback.

When I took Martin at 4.06 (30 overall) he was the last proven stud left.  RB taken after him were Benson, Bennett, R Brown, Jordan, Arrington, T Bell, C Williams, Dunn, ...  I really think Martin is significantly better than these guys.  In fact, Martin scored 267 in this league's system last year, more than the next 7 RB taken COMBINED!  Granted 4 of them were rookies but still, Bennet 54, Jordan 63, & Bell 62, only Dunn with 181 was anywhere close.  I really got the last RB of that tier, which in my book is ALWAYS a good thing.

I considered taking a WR at that spot but there were a bunch of guys on my list who I considered about the same.  Clayton (who I got at 5.03, 35 overall) was actually at the top (above Wayne & Horn who went at 4.07 & 4.08).

I realize my WR look like a weak spot but seriously, WR is a crapshoot.  Last year in this scoring system Muhammad, Bennett, Wayne, Stokley, & Clayton finished in the top 12.  Who predicted that?

My WR are Clayton, who exceeded all expectations his 1st season; 3 vets who had disappointing years in 2004 (Moulds age 32, Mason age 31, Ward age 29); and the top drafted rookie WR (Edwards).  I'll take my chances that a couple of them have decent years and I'll play the match-ups week by week.

If we're being evaluated strictly based on our starting 9, I should have skipped the Martin, Mason, & Suggs picks and grabbed a top DEF & K.  Rather, I built RB depth (Martin, Suggs, C Brown) that would help my team in case of injury or possibly I can trade if my WR are indeed a weakness.

861127[/snapback]

In a 12 team league I would agree that getting Martin could have been a nice move. But in an 8 man league it is more important to field as many STUDS at as many positions as possible. All teams are going to have good players and depth. Even if Martin is the last RB in a tier you already had your 2 starters and should have been looking to get a higher grade WR instead of a bench RB. BTW, yes Martin is a proven stud ... but my concern about him is how much has he got left? Will Blaylock get enough carries to cut into Martin's value? You should have secured the services of Reggie Wayne or Joe Horn INSTEAD of getting Martin as a backup RB.

By the way, Galloway played the last 9 games.

Clayton scored 95 in the last 9 games (avg 9.5/wk) and 63 in the first 7 games (avg 7/wk).  Not much difference.

861133[/snapback]

Okay I stand corrected.