[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mock #7 signups now

DMD

This mock uses WCOFF scoring with one point receptions

http://football8.myfantasyleague.com/2005/...ns?L=84691&O=09

You can sign up for a remaining team by changing the name to your own team name and use mock77 for the password (change it )

Lineup - draft 2 QB, 5 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE, 2 PK, 2 DEF

Start - QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, TE, PK, DEF and 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)

Time to get mocking again...

Mock league MFL page

http://football8.myfantasyleague.com/2005/home/84691

Manning at #2? No offense, but that's a horrible pick for this type of league.

Also: Dillon and Rudi going before Barber was interesting... :D

Also #2: Donald Driver??? OK so Walker's holding out ups his value, but drafting him before Joe Horn? :D

Also #3: Y'all really should use your Huddle names in the draft so we can publicly flambe' you.

Edited by darin3

Manning at #2?  No offense, but that's a horrible pick for this type of league.

Also:  Dillon and Rudi going before Barber was interesting... :D

Also #2:  Donald Driver???  OK so Walker's holding out ups his value, but drafting him before Joe Horn?  :D

Also #3:  Y'all really should use your Huddle names in the draft so we can publicly flambe' you.

890589[/snapback]

Nevermind DD going before Horn, team #2 has 1QB and 2WR and no RB yet.

Start - QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, TE, PK, DEF and 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)

889964[/snapback]

Is it my imagination or wasn't this originally posted as QB,2RB,3WR,TE,K,D? I was debating at 2.10 whether to take Marvin or go RB and I passed on Marvin to take Jordan. If the above was there originally, there's a distinct possibility that I would have gone WR there. No big deal, I guess, as I don't feel Horn is a big drop off if any from Harrison though SA, Harrison, Horn might have been a nice start in this format. Oh well, just :D On with the draft...

:D  Good to see this one's moving along nice and quickly.

890768[/snapback]

It was but "smoked" predrafted for the first 2 rounds and apparently didn't expect it to move along like it had until now.

It was but "smoked" predrafted for the first 2 rounds and apparently didn't expect it to move along like it had until now.

890797[/snapback]

:D You're up!

Some general comments:

Interesting to see all the rookie RBs somewhat clumped together. The big 4 taken within 8 picks. Also interesting that Benson's the first taken. Guess Ricky's return has affected Ronnie Brown. Continued lack of love for Williams, who I think will be the best rookie this season, and perhaps the best overall out of the four in the long run.

Walker in the 4th round could potentially be HUGH. I think his holdout status isn't as serious as TO's. So he misses the start of training camp, so what? He'll be a top-5 WR this season, perhaps top-3 if Wayne/Harrison vulture from one another and TO continues his holdout into the season.

DMD's picking of Westbrook for Smoked at 3.04 was perfect; I would have taken Westbrook over Jordan and perhaps even CuMar. He could approach 800 receiving yards this season.

I'd be happy to take Barber, Dom Davis or Westbrook where they were taken. Get a receiving back before you settle on a Jamal or Rudi.

A good receiver out of the backfield is like getting an extra TD each and every week. They should have 6 pts up on the other (not as good as receiver) backs before the games are played.

Edited by MikesVikes

I'd be happy to take Barber, Dom Davis or Westbrook where they were taken.  Get a receiving back before you settle on a Jamal or Rudi.

A good receiver out of the backfield is like getting an extra TD each and every week.  They should have 6 pts up on the other (not as good as receiver) backs before the games are played.

891412[/snapback]

I had LT his rookie year, or perhaps it was his 2nd year... and he had like 11 receptions in one game... most of them were in a flurry of drop-off passes late in the 3rd quarter.... my opponent was on AOL IM with me and couldn't believe it!!!

I'd be happy to take Barber, Dom Davis or Westbrook where they were taken.  Get a receiving back before you settle on a Jamal or Rudi.

A good receiver out of the backfield is like getting an extra TD each and every week.  They should have 6 pts up on the other (not as good as receiver) backs before the games are played.

891412[/snapback]

Jamal is capable of 40-50 catches -- just like a few years ago. Also, as in the case of S. Alexander or LT, sometimes RB receptions take huge nose dives for no reason.

Obviously, if I thought Westbrook or Tiki would outscore Jamal, I would have picked them instead.

Edited by Swiss Cheezhead

I don't know why I'm responding to a Swiss Cheezhead post but here goes. :D

If you plug in receptions from the Huddle projections (a great place to start) and figure FF pts with it...

Jamal goes from the #11 back to #13. Not as significant of a drop as I had imagined. I wasn't singling out any person's drafting by any means. Lewis could catch more passes than projected but each of the RBs on the list has an equal chance of catching more passes than projected.

But Dominic Davis goes from #6 to #3 and I'd be very happy to have him fall to me in a draft such as this.

Westbrook is the biggest gainer, going from #22 all the way up to #10.

Of course when Ahman Green has to catch more passes out of the backfield because none of the actual receivers on the team want to play this year, I'd factor that in as well. :D

Adding points for receptions impacts the RB position the most. It also helps possession receivers a little but not as much as it helps a good receiving RB.

After 24-25 RBs are off the board, it has much less impact in how the remaining backs fall in line. You'd think that Pittman, for example, would move up more than the two places amongst the scrubs left to choose from, but it didn't.

Edited by MikesVikes

I don't know why I'm responding to a Swiss Cheezhead post but here goes.   :D

If you plug in receptions from the Huddle projections (a great place to start) and figure FF pts with it...

Jamal goes from the #11 back to #13.  Not as significant of a drop as I had imagined. I wasn't singling out any person's drafting by any means.  Lewis could catch more passes than projected but each of the RBs on the list has an equal chance of catching more passes than projected. 

But Dominic Davis goes from #6 to #3 and I'd be very happy to have him fall to me in a draft such as this.

Westbrook is the biggest gainer, going from #22 all the way up to #10. 

Of course when Ahman Green has to catch more passes out of the backfield because none of the actual receivers on the team want to play this year, I'd factor that in as well.   :D

Adding points for receptions impacts the RB position the most.  It also helps possession receivers a little but not as much as it helps a good receiving RB.

After 24-25 RBs are off the board, it has much less impact in how the remaining backs fall in line.  You'd think that Pittman, for example, would move up more than the two places amongst the scrubs left to choose from, but it didn't.

891699[/snapback]

For the record, just because I think one or two of your posts are off base doesn't mean I have some sort of personal antagonism toward you.

The post above, actually, was very informative. :D

To clarify further, I would have taken Davis over Lewis, but he was gone. Also, I like Westbrook in this scoring system a lot (obviously), but if the Eagles are that concerned about his durability, so am I. He's productive when he's on the field, but I prefer consistency with my first-round pick.

Edited by Swiss Cheezhead

I like Westbrook in this scoring system a lot (obviously), but if the Eagles are that concerned about his durability, so am I.

891969[/snapback]

And it's not just a durability issue, it's the effects of the durability issue. The Eagles seem to like the RBBC attack. Westbrook had as big a year as he did last year because the guys he was supposed to be sharing with were not available. If they're available this year his numbers drop, rushing numbers anyway.

And it's not just a durability issue, it's the effects of the durability issue.  The Eagles seem to like the RBBC attack.  Westbrook had as big a year as he did last year because the guys he was supposed to be sharing with were not available.  If they're available this year his numbers drop, rushing numbers anyway.

892037[/snapback]

True.

And I like your team, btw. :D