[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lamont Jordon Projections?

The Stoner

Just for the record - Lamont Jordan, in 14 games, had 1025 yds rushing in 14 games (73 yds a game), just short of 1600 total yds, and 11 tds. That's borderline #1 back IMO.

Though Big Score WAS correct in assessing Norv's pass-happiness - the Raiders were 6th in pass attempts and 30th in rushing attempts through 15 games and 25th in scoring defense. However, all the pass attempts didn't really do squat for them - they were a not-great 12th in yds and 17th in passing tds, and Moss' production was extremely subpar - it took a big week 17 to get him up near WR2 numbers of 60-1005-8. Though injury was certainly a factor, that's what we were projecting for Jerry freakin' Porter this preseason.

Edited by Chavez

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for the record - Lamont Jordan, in 14 games, had 1025 yds rushing in 14 games (73 yds a game), just short of 1600 total yds, and 11 tds. That's borderline #1 back IMO.

1244064[/snapback]

In our league, using the ESPN performance scoring system, Lamont came into this week as the #6 fantasy RB. While there have been a lot of RB injuries this year, thats still better than I expected. He might drop a couple of spots since Lamont also is injured, and didn't play the last weekend.

1095/7, 175/1 in 14 games.

893109[/snapback]

good calls :D

This looks about right to me, but only because of the situation he's in.   Career backups always look great until they become a full time starter.  Once that happens, it usually becomes obvious why they were career backups.

893199[/snapback]

:doah:

Whoa.  1,300?  1,400???  He'll be lucky to crack 1,000.  He's their "feature back", but the Raidahs are gonna throw a TON... and they have Fargas and Zereoue for "changes of pace".  I'd say 900 yards and 10 TDs in 14 games (he'll get a minor injury halfway through the season). :D

893827[/snapback]

:doah: on most but close on the TDs and games played

As one who's seen every carry LaMont Jordan has ever had in the NFL, I'm 100% comfortable saying that you all are VASTLY overrating him.  Most of his rushing yards came in garbage time.  Good change of pace back, not great up the middle for a man of his size.  Why do you think the Jets took goal line duties away from him last year?   :D

I'd take him in the 7th or 8th round of my fantasy draft is he was still there.

750 yards, 4-5 rushing TDs.

894330[/snapback]

:D WINNER of the MOST WRONG Category

I don't think he'll get 250 carries.  I'm not going to try to predict an injury or anything, but I think half way through the season when Jordan is unproductive he'll see his carries per game diminish.

Jordan would have had more carries and would have retained the goal line duties if he hadn't come into camp fat and sulking and if he had been able to average more than 2.9 YPC in the red-zone.

We'll see.

894422[/snapback]

he got 272 missing 2 full games

2005 Oakland Raiders 

14games  272carries  1025 rushyds  9tds

.................70receps   563  recvyds  2tds

totals like chavez noted 1588 11tds

in Pts/Rec Leagues the 70 catches were HUGH!! Edited by keggerz

:D WINNER of the MOST WRONG Category

1244089[/snapback]

I was only off by 275 yards.

This clown was off by 375+ yards.

I think 1400+ ...

893048[/snapback]

That would make him winner of the most wrong category.

Edited by Vet

That's borderline #1 back IMO.

1244064[/snapback]

:D he ranked #6 in every one of my leagues both with and without recp pts..

i would say that made him every bit of a #1 back

:D for jordan and the owners that believed in him

next yr should be promissing too since he didnt carry the ball a ton(272)

IMO there is not a coach more overrated for his offensive "genius" than Norv Turner.  That being said, I think Lamont gets a ton of carries.  Barring injury, 1000 yards and 8 TD's is the minimum. . .

894841[/snapback]

It's great to go back and see who was way off and who was right on the money.

Great call Hook.

Vet is still smarting form his "I told everybody about Cadillac" thread, nevermind this. He will never admit he was off base on it.

1244126[/snapback]

That's not true. Obviously, I was off base on Jordan's stats. By 275 yards.

Just not as off base as Avernus, who was off by 375+ yards. Now he, along with others, will obviously revise his original projection to say it was meant to be combined yardage even though it makes no mention of that in the original post.

I will make no such lame attempt to revise my original post.

You were also off by 6-7 TDs, while Averniius was off by 3.

It's subjective to say whether he meant total yards or not, but it DOES sound like he was talkign about total yards, because he broke his 14 TDs down into how many would be rushing and recieiving.

1244256[/snapback]

Typical comment of a revisionist historian.

Maybe I meant receiving TDs. Maybe my yardage projection was based on 10 games. Maybe I was only talking about yardage against AFC opponents. I could revise it anyway I want after the fact. But I won't - I'll leave that up to guys like you.

Typical comment of a revisionist historian.

Maybe I meant receiving TDs.  Maybe my yardage projection was based on 10 games.  Maybe I was only talking about yardage against AFC opponents.  I could revise it anyway I want after the fact.  But I won't - I'll leave that up to guys like you.

1244289[/snapback]

What am I revising? Just to remind ya of your expert opinion:

"As one who's seen every carry LaMont Jordan has ever had in the NFL, I'm 100% comfortable saying that you all are VASTLY overrating him. Most of his rushing yards came in garbage time...

750 yards, 4-5 rushing TDs."

But I'll leave that to you now to revise, like all your other boasts and predictions.

:D

It's great to go back and see who was way off and who was right on the money.

Great call Hook.

1244121[/snapback]

thanks! If only I'd been smart enough to not draft Deuce McAllister in a couple leagues. . .

I see Jordan with right around a 1,000 yds rushing, maybe another 200 yds in the passing game and 7 to 9 TD's total.

My .02..........for what it's worth.  :D

894502[/snapback]

Not too far off here.

Only 25 yards off on his rushing yards.

2 TD's shy of his actual TD total.

Not so good on his recieving yards ~ my projection was 363 yards short of his actual.

2 out of 3 ain't bad though.

So I expect Jordan to see approx 230 to 240 carries. If we split the difference and give Jordan 235 carries at a 4.5 ypc (a respectable & reasonable ypc), that comes to 1,057.5 yds.

894650[/snapback]

Close here too.

Missed his carries by 37. Now on his ypc, I was way off. I expected him to avg around 4.5 which was more than 1/2 a yard too much, as his actual ypc ended up being 3.8

Though Big Score WAS correct in assessing Norv's pass-happiness - the Raiders were 6th in pass attempts and 30th in rushing attempts through 15 games and 25th in scoring defense.

1244064[/snapback]

:D

Really makes you think about Porter vs. Burleson, too.

896494[/snapback]

Porter v. Burleson, Which do you take?

DMD poo poo'ed me and my arguments to no end before finally locking the thread, but before it got locked, I tried to explain in the Porter ~ vs ~ Burleson debate, why I felt that Porter was going to end up being the better pick. If you go back and read the debate linked above, you'll see that my reasoning was sound.

Final tally;

Jerry Porter in 16 games (with him starting 14) had 76 receptions, for 942 yards, 5 TD's & a 12.4 ypc.

Nate Burleson in 14 games (with him starting 9) had 30 receptions, for 328 yards, 1 TD's & a 10.9 ypc.

I like Porter in that debate...

896553[/snapback]

Aside from myself, you're the only one to publicly come out with that stance Avernus. :D