[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Alexander Better Year Than LT2?

Primetime9287

Now that Shaun Alexander has signed his 1 year contract, if history tells us anything, he is going to have his ears pinned back, trying to get every TD and yard possible for all the $$ next year. Not to mention he has a cake schedule this year. I am starting to think this may lead to Alexander putting up better numbers than LT2, who also has a much more difficult schedule. Any thoughts on this?

Not trying to start a debate and I know it is makes sense that players play harder in contract years but is there really any ecvidence that backs that theory? Just wondering because if it can be proved true, given how upset he was about missing out on the rushing title last year the case could certainly be made to take Alexander #1 overall.

He had a better year last year than LT. (In my scoring system) With his consistency over the last 4 years and the easier schedule, I would have no problem drafting him #1 ahead of LT.

Basic scoring

6 pts TD

1 pt 25 yds rush / rec

If I had point for receptions, it would be a different story.

Out of 6 leagues polled.... it was 50/50 for the better RB.

There were few points in it for either one of them and actually could consider it a tie for each league.

What you have to ask yourself, IMHO, is if Tomlinson getting a bit dinged up last year is an indication that he is wearing down and may start missing games... and ...whether Alexander is going to be allowed to pull out all the stops and be the full time feature guy.

Will Seattle try to work someone else in and make it a RBBC so that they have his replacement in place by the end of the year? Personally don't see Homegrins setting up Alexander for an outstanding payday after the season. He will utilize him to be sure.... but I don't see Alexander getting anything more than he did last year, and probably a bit less, as Seattle starts their hunt for a new RB.

SA has always been one of the players I've avoided in the draft, don't ask me why ... just one of those players I just can't pull the trigger on. In one draft last year, I had the choice of SA or Duece ... guess who I picked ? :D

But this year, if I have the chance, I would take him at #2 - still have LT #1 IMHO.

I have him in 1 league, the only problem I have with SA is Holmgren. :D

I have him in 1 league, the only problem I have with SA is Holmgren.  :D

897566[/snapback]

Isn't Holmgren on the hot seat this year? How many years and how many playoff wins? I would think Holmgren just wants to win and he will have t use his best players. I just see another good year for him.

Isn't Holmgren on the hot seat this year? How many years and how many playoff wins? I would think Holmgren just wants to win and he will have t use his best players. I just see another good year for him.

897572[/snapback]

You would think. Holmgren is a pain in the a$$.

Two Reasons for LT to go first

1 - Reception Yards, LT is going to get plenty more then SA

2 - Sea needs a wide out to step up, otherwise defenses are going to key in on SA and bring his numbers down.

Two Reasons for LT to go first

1 - Reception Yards, LT is going to get plenty more then SA

2 - Sea needs a wide out to step up, otherwise defenses are going to key in on SA and bring his numbers down.

897676[/snapback]

Agreed ... LT's wide outs are only going to get better this year plus he has a monster TE to help take the def attention off of him a tad ... not same story for SA

Also, as mentioned above I don't like Holmgren ... he just doesn't seem to like SA all that much IMO (however, I could be wrong). SA may have a tad more upside attached to him with contract year and all, but I still think the safer pick is LT. No one knows until the end of the season and the numbers are on the table.

He had a better year last year than LT. (In my scoring system) With his consistency over the last 4 years and the easier schedule, I would have no problem drafting him #1 ahead of LT.

Basic scoring

6 pts TD

1 pt 25 yds rush / rec

If I had point for receptions, it would be a different story.

897498[/snapback]

Interesting. In my league he was 4th or 5th. (We get points for receptions and length of TD). LT is still #1 by far IMO.

I frankly think SA peaked last year. SA knew he was going to be a free agent or up for a big contract last year, so why would he play any harder this year. Same thing regarding contract.

If Holgrem gets fired...I wonder if there is a greater chance for the new HC to keep Shaun?

897615[/snapback]

I want to like Holmgren but he makes a lot of mistakes as a champion coach. He plays conservative football when we should be taken risks in order to win the game but when we shouldnt take risks and play it safe with a lead he passes the ball and our receivers drop it. I dont know what to think. I say Hand it off to Alexander. I dont know if I want to get rid of him or keep him. But by the way things are going I would keep him.