[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

M. Faulk Value

Portland

I have to agree that he'll likely not have starting lineup value to begin with, and perhaps won't all season. But the fact that he can be attained late & cheap, I think if you have a roster spot open he's worth the hold. I got him for $2 in my auction league (paid $102 for LT2 for comparison).

Everyone loves Larry Johnson because he'll be big if Priest goes down right...? Well my thinking on Faulk is that if Jackson gets hurt you've got a RB who knows the offense inside and out, the coach still loves him, and he's off and running right away. Sure he's not the same guy he was 4 years ago, but I think he's still a competent starter for most fantasy squads if Jackson gets hurt for any reason.

I had an interesting strategy.

I drafted Jackson and Faulk, and made a trade for Deuce. I got Deuce and someone else, and gave up Jackson and a couple WRs. I retained Faulk and got Deuce out of it. Now if Jackson goes down, I have yet another RB in Faulk. Might pan out, might not, but now my starting RBs are McGahee and Deuce. :D

i love Jackson's speed/power combo. he'll be a monster if he was fed the whole load.

but that's it. i don't see him getting the whole load. faulk has the trust for tough situations. he's one of the best receiving RBs so you know he's getting all third down work. Faulk is going to steal carries! Jackson might have to do all his damage with 18 carries. Granted, he seems capable of doing damage with so little but I want the whole enchillada with such a high pick.

Why is everyone so quick to write off Faulk? A healthy Faulk is a weapon still

Why is everyone so quick to write off Faulk?  A healthy Faulk is a weapon still

968093[/snapback]

It became apparent to me at the end of last season that he is done running the ball. He doesn't seem to be able to make anyone miss. He doesn't have the speed to turn the corner. He doesn't really have the power to get extra yards.

I suppose that he is still a receiving threat.

Faulk went undrafted in my local 12 team yesterday.  :D

968182[/snapback]

My problem with Marshall Faulk is that he didn't average 3 yards per carry in the same offense that Steven Jackson averaged 5 yards per carry in last year. Sure, he has value if Jackson goes down, but quite frankly I don't expect that he will be able to run effectively at all, even if he becomes the feature back due to an injury.

Receiving though, he is very effective.

Does Steven jackson have any receiving skills himself?  I like this guy alot and might well be picking him in my upcoming draft, but I hate to have to depend entirely on rushing yards, I much prefer a back who can do damage a couple different ways.

969820[/snapback]

Actually, Jackson is not a bad receiver. He had 20 catches last year in his limited play. I think that he should be good for 30-40 catches this year. Those are good numbers for a guy who got pulled in favor of Marshall on a lot of passing downs, and will probably have that happen again this year.

Everyone loves Larry Johnson because he'll be big if Priest goes down right...?  Well my thinking on Faulk is that if Jackson gets hurt you've got a RB who knows the offense inside and out, the coach still loves him, and he's off and running right away.  Sure he's not the same guy he was 4 years ago, but I think he's still a competent starter for most fantasy squads if Jackson gets hurt for any reason.

967658[/snapback]

LJ is a young horse and has proven he is a stud backup. Faulk LOST the starting position to Jackson cuz he can't produce anymore. There's a huge difference between the two.