[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

After watching the SuperBowl, I like the NFL...

wiegie

After watching the SuperBowl, I like the NFL...  

65 members have voted

1. 1. After watching the SuperBowl, I like the NFL...

• much more than I did before
    • a little bit more than I did before
    • about the same as I did before
    • a little bit less than I did before
    • a lot less than I did before

Like it a little less, but playing FF has helped me not to care to much about the BS that continues to go on. It'll continue to happen regularly.

I just couldn't imagine if the game was given to the Seahawks rather then the The only 6 time Super Bowl Winners and YOUR DADDY, the media would be in absolute rage right now and Tag. would be signing an official appology to Pittsburg.

The NFL got what they payed for , so all is good this year. They couldn't turn the tide for the Colts, but made sure they didn't foul this game up.

Edited by theeohiostate

I think a little less. When the officiating is as bad as it was in the biggest game of the year, it is sad. While started the game wanting the Steelers to win, buy 1/2 way through the 2nd quater I was hoping for the Seahawks because of the poor officiating. To me the Lombardi trophy has been tarnished, at least for this year. Hopefully the league will do something about this, so that the Lombardi trophy isn't permanently tarnished. Is the league still giving the SB to the crew with the most seniority? Or are they giving it to the best crew? If they don't give it to the best crew then it is a shame.

Like it a little less, but playing FF has helped me not to care to much about the BS that continues to go on. It'll continue to happen regularly.

I just couldn't imagine if the game was given to the Seahawks rather then the The only 6 time Super Bowl Winners and YOUR DADDY, the media would be in absolute rage right now and Tag. would be signing an official appology to Pittsburg.

The NFL got what they payed for , so all is good this year. They couldn't turn the tide for the Colts, but made sure they didn't foul this game up.

1307251[/snapback]

If the Cowboys got screwed in a SB the way the Seahawks did, I'd be enraged.

I think a little less.  When the officiating is as bad as it was in the biggest game of the year, it is sad.  While started the game wanting the Steelers to win, buy 1/2 way through the 2nd quater I was hoping for the Seahawks because of the poor officiating.  To me the Lombardi trophy has been tarnished, at least for this year.  Hopefully the league will do something about this, so that the Lombardi trophy isn't permanently tarnished.  Is the league still giving the SB to the crew with the most seniority?  Or are they giving it to the best crew?  If they don't give it to the best crew then it is a shame.

1307260[/snapback]

I think they get voted by their peers.

Wanna know who counted the ballots??............Tony Viriduci III

it was a blah super bowl.  But is it me or did all of the playoff and the super bowl have blown call?

I think the NFL needs to address this ASAP

1307240[/snapback]

Agreed.

I don't think any differently about the NFL, but the officiating this year was bad, especially in the post-season. They will address it, I am confident of that.

God, I hope so, I already quit watching baseball and basketball regularly, what's the alternative if Football goes to crap?

Nascar?!?!?!? :D

Is the league still giving the SB to the crew with the most seniority?  Or are they giving it to the best crew?  If they don't give it to the best crew then it is a shame.

1307260[/snapback]

I'm pretty certain it's awarded the officials with the highest season marks for that year at each of the seven positions, so it's kinda like an All-Star game for officials. IMO, they should mark crews as a complete entity and give it to the best crew, so as to keep the teamwork going - and make no mistake, officiating requires teamwork, same as playing does.

still love the nfl. this was just one game that sucked to watch. poor play on both sides. crappy officiating. no drama. no suspense. i would rather have a good ol' fashioned blowout vs. the meandering mess of a game this was.

the pitt/indy game was the game of the year. that one rocked. this one sucked.

:D

A lot of you guys are pathetic.... :  rofl:

1307330[/snapback]

I hope this comment wasn't directed at me, because I meant this as a somewhat serious poll. To me it seemed like almost everything about this game wasn't very good. The entertainment was terrible, the commercials were mediocre, the actual game itself wasn't played very well (the QB's in particular were bad), the Jerome Bettis story was a bust, the officiating was less than stellar, there was approximately one well-executed play in the whole game, and, overall, it just wasn't very good.

(and for the record, at the beginning of the game, I wanted the Steelers to win)

I voted "much more than I did before" because the Steelers won.

1307381[/snapback]

You sound like some stupid 7 yr old kid running around. I didn't care who won, long as it was a good game. To wait all year for this pathetic excuse of a game, clearly in Pitt's favor, is a disgrace. So grow some hair on them balls, drop the weinie act, and admit it. My vote was alot less, due to the type of game all the fans, in general, were treated to.

I can only hope, if and when, Detroit ever makes it, they win it decisively, or they lose a close one, with no Refs playing an incriminating role in the outcome. To have one teams fans, enraged as should be, and the other teams fans win somewhat deflated is unexcusable. The only two who don't seem to see this is you and Menudo, to which I'm grateful you're not Detroit fans. We'll crucify our own team as well as any other team, and the posts I've seen, we've been pretty brutally honest.

If I was a Steeler fan, I'd be happy with a win, yet dejected that this type of game, takes away everything they've earned this far. I can only hope the NFL looks at this ,does some serious fixing, whether it be full time ref's or what.

As a nuetral fan , I feel cheated out of a win by not having a good game, and nothing to do with one team dominating the other. Did the better team win? We will never know now, and thats exactly what the problem is.

So you two can blow each others pipes, instead of tooting your horns around here jumping on to posts that have some seriousness to it, without the blind homerism. Yes, there were some nice plays, the bad out weighed the good.

Maybe you two can go into a chat room, and congratulate each other, for the next 12 months or better.

If I was a Steeler fan, I'd be happy with a win, yet dejected that this type of game, takes away everything they've earned this far.

1307728[/snapback]

This is why I was "acting like a 7 year old kid". I don't think the game diminishes what the Steelers accomplished this year at all. They did not play their best game in the Superbowl, but were still able to win. There certainly were some judgement calls that went against Seattle, but I don't think they affected the outcome of the game. I know some people will never agree with these sentiments, but I have never blamed the officials for any loss.... it bothers me a little that so many are doing that here.

I feel cheated by too many fans blaming the officials for the poor game, rather than the two teams. Both teams played sub-par and I can understand as a fan of neither team that it must have been a brutal game to watch.... but that shouldn't diminish what the Steelers accomplished either.

I don't care if they are thought of as the worst SB winning team ever.... it just sucks that people think they were handed the game.... essentially saying they didn't win. I came on here last night to bask in the glow of the Steeler's ugly win and found a million posts about the refs giving the game to the Steelers... not exactly how I envisioned the aftermath of a Steelers victory.

Edited by steeler

About the same. This SB, was pretty bland, but it happens. I think we've been spoiled by more good games than bad since 2000 (Rams vs. Titans was a great one). I sure don't want to go back to days of the blowout.

I think the Steelers deserved the win. They had a great season. People can gripe about officiating, but to me, they were the better team overall. All this "The Seahawks outplayed the Steelers in the first half" stuff is crazy. They had 3 points to show for their efforts. DJax call was ticky-tack, but so what? 7 vs. 3 points - wouldn't have mattered except in Vegas. If you judge a game based on field position, then sure, the Seahwaks were winners. Hooray!

Anyway, I do think the officiating was sub-par this year. I think the instant replay is partialy to blame. Instead of focusing on getting it right on the field, refs make a call and wait for the booth to get it right. Nevermind the booth may say "inconclusive". Refs don't want to put it on the line and make a call. If everybody is responsible, nobody is responsible. My .02. Get rid of replay. It interrups the flow of the game, and leads to lazy officiating.