[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

10 Random Super Bowl thoughts

Gopher

With so many SB threads, it's hard for me to decide where to add my 2 cents, so I'll just start Super Bowl topic #3,584..... Here are some random thoughts about the game and its outcome, in no particular order. Keep in mind, I had absolutely no reason to cheer for either team. However, I found myself pulling for the Seahawks all week (because my gut feeling was that they were the slightly inferior team, as well as the underdog in Vegas) and during the game (because they were behind and were almost like the road team due to the amount of Steelers fans at the game):

1) Who cares if Bradshaw and Montana chose not to be a part of the pre-game ceremony. Everything prior to kickoff is meaningless, anyway. If anything, I'm surprised that they were the only two.

2) The first half may have been the most boring first half in Super Bowl history.

3) Roethlisberger's TD.... It was a TD, period. Not because I am 100% sure the ball crossed the plane. But, because it was originally called a TD. No matter how close you zoom in, no matter how many times you replay it frame by frame, there is nothing conclusive that shows he DID or DID NOT break the plane. If it had originally been spotted short of the goalline, it wouldn't have been overruled as a TD either. It was simply too close to call, so the first ruling stands. Had the ref not originally lifted his arm, as if to spot the ball short, I don't think people would be nearly as outraged as they are today. It gave everyone watching the game the impression that he changed his mind in mid-stride. Had he kept both arms down until he made the TD signal, I would have had no problem with the call going either way. That said, once the call was made, it pretty much could not be overruled either way.

4) Jackson's offensive pass interference, negating TD - Good call. The fact that it's a call that probably wouldn't get called 50-75% of the time doesn't make it a bad call. Jackson probably didn't need to shove the defender, but he did. Not that hard, but hard enough to create an extra foot or two of space. Like I said, he probably would have had enough space to make the catch anyway, so if anything, it's unfortunate that he put his hand on the defender, not that the call was made.

5) Jackson's other almost-TD catch - The dude was out of bounds. Period.

6) Missed holding call on Parker's TD run - We could pretty much find a missed holding call on any running play in any NFL game, if we really wanted to. The fact that people are using that as an excuse for Seattle losing the game is ridiculous.

7) Call on Hasselbeck for the "low block." Probably the worst call of the game, in my opinion. He made the tackle.... what else should he have done? Did that call cost them the game? Probably not.

8) Ward's TD - Surprising that the 'Hawks didn't see that one coming. Everyone has been talking for weeks about how the Steelers run at least one "gadget" play per game..... Reverse to a former QB....Ward was 20 yards past the defender when the ball was thrown. Wow.

9) Quality of play by both teams - Unfortunately, neither team played very well as a whole. In fact, I would go as far as to say that it was the worst performance by either team in this year's playoffs. And no, it's not that both teams pressured each other into the mistakes. All of the interceptions, for example, were thrown right at the defenders who caught them. There were really very few, if any, spectacular plays by either team, on either side of the ball.

10) Clock management - If anything, this is what cost the Seahawks the game, not the refs. Throwing the ball deep into the endzone repeatedly from the 35-40 yardline and then being forced to try a 54-56 yard field goal is inexcusable. This happened not once, but twice. What ever happened to picking up another 5-10 yards and giving your kicker a better-than-50% chance of making the kick? That is just one example. As a Vikings' fan, I felt that Holmgren's game management was almost Denny Green-esque, and that's saying a lot. Talk about folding under pressure.... You could tell that, the redder Holdgren became, the less sure he was about what to do next. Terrible job of clock/game management, IMO.

Bottom line - I'm not saying that I don't agree that the NFL needs to do something different as far as the officials go. Make them full-time, force them to retire at 55, whatever. This year's playoffs have been the worst in recent memory. However, to blame this game on the refs, and the refs alone, is a big stretch. Seattle had numerous chances, and didn't take advantage of most of those chances. Did the refs possibly take away a couple more chances? Absolutely. Did Pittsburgh get more of the close calls to go their way? Yes, I think so. Regardless, the Seahawks made too many mistakes when it counted for anyone to say that anything was taken away from them. Had they played a "perfect" game, I might be a little bit more inclined to agree that they were robbed. But, come on. They moved the ball between the 30's well enough to win. Their defense played well enough to win. But, between the mistakes and the poor coaching, they didn't get it done. Enough said.

And, by the way, ESPN polls are meaningless. I guarantee you that a lot of the people who voted in today's poll did so after reading post after post about how the Seahawks got jobbed, on this site or some other site like it.

Do you smoke crack? Dude I dont know how you were brought up in the world but football is a contact sport. DJax touched the reciever he didnt push off the defender didnt move at all and the ref didnt throw the flag till the guy started arguing.

Rothlisberger didnt get a touchdown. I was always told the ball has got to cross the goal line in football not the top of his helmet.

No one is arguing about Jacksons out of bounds catch.

You missed all the offsides on a key drive for the Hawks. Holding penaltys on us. No calls were going against them. If you call every single thing against us you HAVE TO call it fair and call the same stuff against the other team. The refs didnt. They screwed up and are now the story.

With so many SB threads, it's hard for me to decide where to add my 2 cents, so I'll just start Super Bowl topic #3,584..... Here are some random thoughts about the game and its outcome, in no particular order.  Keep in mind, I had absolutely no reason to cheer for either team.  However, I found myself pulling for the Seahawks all week (because my gut feeling was that they were the slightly inferior team, as well as the underdog in Vegas) and during the game (because they were behind and were almost like the road team due to the amount of Steelers fans at the game):

1)  Who cares if Bradshaw and Montana chose not to be a part of the pre-game ceremony.  Everything prior to kickoff is meaningless, anyway.  If anything, I'm surprised that they were the only two. 

2)  The first half may have been the most boring first half in Super Bowl history.

3)  Roethlisberger's TD.... It was a TD, period.  Not because I am 100% sure the ball crossed the plane.  But, because it was originally called a TD.  No matter how close you zoom in, no matter how many times you replay it frame by frame, there is nothing conclusive that shows he DID or DID NOT break the plane.  If it had originally been spotted short of the goalline, it wouldn't have been overruled as a TD either.  It was simply too close to call, so the first ruling stands.  Had the ref not originally lifted his arm, as if to spot the ball short, I don't think people would be nearly as outraged as they are today. It gave everyone watching the game the impression that he changed his mind in mid-stride.  Had he kept both arms down until he made the TD signal, I would have had no problem with the call going either way.  That said, once the call was made, it pretty much could not be overruled either way.

4)  Jackson's offensive pass interference, negating TD - Good call.  The fact that it's a call that probably wouldn't get called 50-75% of the time doesn't make it a bad call.  Jackson probably didn't need to shove the defender, but he did.  Not that hard, but hard enough to create an extra foot or two of space.  Like I said, he probably would have had enough space to make the catch anyway, so if anything, it's unfortunate that he put his hand on the defender, not that the call was made.

5)  Jackson's other almost-TD catch - The dude was out of bounds.  Period.

6)  Missed holding call on Parker's TD run - We could pretty much find a missed holding call on any running play in any NFL game, if we really wanted to.  The fact that people are using that as an excuse for Seattle losing the game is ridiculous.

7)  Call on Hasselbeck for the "low block."  Probably the worst call of the game, in my opinion.  He made the tackle.... what else should he have done?  Did that call cost them the game?  Probably not.

8)  Ward's TD - Surprising that the 'Hawks didn't see that one coming.  Everyone has been talking for weeks about how the Steelers run at least one "gadget" play per game..... Reverse to a former QB....Ward was 20 yards past the defender when the ball was thrown.  Wow.

9)  Quality of play by both teams - Unfortunately, neither team played very well as a whole.  In fact, I would go as far as to say that it was the worst performance by either team in this year's playoffs.  And no, it's not that both teams pressured each other into the mistakes.  All of the interceptions, for example, were thrown right at the defenders who caught them.  There were really very few, if any, spectacular plays by either team, on either side of the ball.

10)  Clock management - If anything, this is what cost the Seahawks the game, not the refs.  Throwing the ball deep into the endzone repeatedly from the 35-40 yardline and then being forced to try a 54-56 yard field goal is inexcusable.  This happened not once, but twice.  What ever happened to picking up another 5-10 yards and giving your kicker a better-than-50% chance of making the kick?  That is just one example.  As a Vikings' fan, I felt that Holmgren's game management was almost Denny Green-esque, and that's saying a lot.  Talk about folding under pressure.... You could tell that, the redder Holdgren became, the less sure he was about what to do next.  Terrible job of clock/game management, IMO.

Bottom line - I'm not saying that I don't agree that the NFL needs to do something different as far as the officials go.  Make them full-time, force them to retire at 55, whatever.  This year's playoffs have been the worst in recent memory.  However, to blame this game on the refs, and the refs alone, is a big stretch.  Seattle had numerous chances, and didn't take advantage of most of those chances.  Did the refs possibly take away a couple more chances?  Absolutely.  Did Pittsburgh get more of the close calls to go their way?  Yes, I think so.  Regardless, the Seahawks made too many mistakes when it counted for anyone to say that anything was taken away from them.  Had they played a "perfect" game, I might be a little bit more inclined to agree that they were robbed.  But, come on.  They moved the ball between the 30's well enough to win.  Their defense played well enough to win.  But, between the mistakes and the poor coaching, they didn't get it done.  Enough said.

And, by the way, ESPN polls are meaningless.  I guarantee you that a lot of the people who voted in today's poll did so after reading post after post about how the Seahawks got jobbed, on this site or some other site like it.

1310179[/snapback]

:D This pretty much sums up everything I've been saying today. Nice post. Oh yeah, and true, double true.

Do you smoke crack? Dude I dont know how you were brought up in the world but football is a contact sport. DJax touched the reciever he didnt push off the defender didnt move at all and the ref didnt throw the flag till the guy started arguing.

Rothlisberger didnt get a touchdown. I was always told the ball has got to cross the goal line in football not the top of his helmet.

You missed all the offsides on a key drive for the Hawks. Holding penaltys on us. No calls were going against them. If you call every single thing against us you HAVE TO call it fair and call the same stuff against the other team. The refs didnt. They screwed up and are now the story.

1310199[/snapback]

Whatever. I'm surprised your baby-sitter even let you watch the game. And, like I said, I was cheering for the Seahawks. I just don't think you can blame the game on the refs. Too many mistakes by Seattle, and Holmgren in particular, to say that the officiating cost them the Super Bowl.

With so many SB threads, it's hard for me to decide where to add my 2 cents, so I'll just start Super Bowl topic #3,584..... Here are some random thoughts about the game and its outcome, in no particular order.  Keep in mind, I had absolutely no reason to cheer for either team.  However, I found myself pulling for the Seahawks all week (because my gut feeling was that they were the slightly inferior team, as well as the underdog in Vegas) and during the game (because they were behind and were almost like the road team due to the amount of Steelers fans at the game):

1)  Who cares if Bradshaw and Montana chose not to be a part of the pre-game ceremony.  Everything prior to kickoff is meaningless, anyway.  If anything, I'm surprised that they were the only two. 

2)  The first half may have been the most boring first half in Super Bowl history.

3)  Roethlisberger's TD.... It was a TD, period.  Not because I am 100% sure the ball crossed the plane.  But, because it was originally called a TD.  No matter how close you zoom in, no matter how many times you replay it frame by frame, there is nothing conclusive that shows he DID or DID NOT break the plane.  If it had originally been spotted short of the goalline, it wouldn't have been overruled as a TD either.  It was simply too close to call, so the first ruling stands.  Had the ref not originally lifted his arm, as if to spot the ball short, I don't think people would be nearly as outraged as they are today. It gave everyone watching the game the impression that he changed his mind in mid-stride.  Had he kept both arms down until he made the TD signal, I would have had no problem with the call going either way.  That said, once the call was made, it pretty much could not be overruled either way.

4)  Jackson's offensive pass interference, negating TD - Good call.  The fact that it's a call that probably wouldn't get called 50-75% of the time doesn't make it a bad call.  Jackson probably didn't need to shove the defender, but he did.  Not that hard, but hard enough to create an extra foot or two of space.  Like I said, he probably would have had enough space to make the catch anyway, so if anything, it's unfortunate that he put his hand on the defender, not that the call was made.

5)  Jackson's other almost-TD catch - The dude was out of bounds.  Period.

6)  Missed holding call on Parker's TD run - We could pretty much find a missed holding call on any running play in any NFL game, if we really wanted to.  The fact that people are using that as an excuse for Seattle losing the game is ridiculous.

7)  Call on Hasselbeck for the "low block."  Probably the worst call of the game, in my opinion.  He made the tackle.... what else should he have done?  Did that call cost them the game?  Probably not.

8)  Ward's TD - Surprising that the 'Hawks didn't see that one coming.  Everyone has been talking for weeks about how the Steelers run at least one "gadget" play per game..... Reverse to a former QB....Ward was 20 yards past the defender when the ball was thrown.  Wow.

9)  Quality of play by both teams - Unfortunately, neither team played very well as a whole.  In fact, I would go as far as to say that it was the worst performance by either team in this year's playoffs.  And no, it's not that both teams pressured each other into the mistakes.  All of the interceptions, for example, were thrown right at the defenders who caught them.  There were really very few, if any, spectacular plays by either team, on either side of the ball.

10)  Clock management - If anything, this is what cost the Seahawks the game, not the refs.  Throwing the ball deep into the endzone repeatedly from the 35-40 yardline and then being forced to try a 54-56 yard field goal is inexcusable.  This happened not once, but twice.  What ever happened to picking up another 5-10 yards and giving your kicker a better-than-50% chance of making the kick?  That is just one example.  As a Vikings' fan, I felt that Holmgren's game management was almost Denny Green-esque, and that's saying a lot.  Talk about folding under pressure.... You could tell that, the redder Holdgren became, the less sure he was about what to do next.  Terrible job of clock/game management, IMO.

Bottom line - I'm not saying that I don't agree that the NFL needs to do something different as far as the officials go.  Make them full-time, force them to retire at 55, whatever.  This year's playoffs have been the worst in recent memory.  However, to blame this game on the refs, and the refs alone, is a big stretch.  Seattle had numerous chances, and didn't take advantage of most of those chances.  Did the refs possibly take away a couple more chances?  Absolutely.  Did Pittsburgh get more of the close calls to go their way?  Yes, I think so.  Regardless, the Seahawks made too many mistakes when it counted for anyone to say that anything was taken away from them.  Had they played a "perfect" game, I might be a little bit more inclined to agree that they were robbed.  But, come on.  They moved the ball between the 30's well enough to win.  Their defense played well enough to win.  But, between the mistakes and the poor coaching, they didn't get it done.  Enough said.

And, by the way, ESPN polls are meaningless.  I guarantee you that a lot of the people who voted in today's poll did so after reading post after post about how the Seahawks got jobbed, on this site or some other site like it.

1310179[/snapback]

:D

1. Do you smoke crack? Dude I dont know how you were brought up in the world but football is a contact sport. DJax touched the reciever he didnt push off the defender didnt move at all and the ref didnt throw the flag till the guy started arguing.

2. Rothlisberger didnt get a touchdown. I was always told the ball has got to cross the goal line in football not the top of his helmet.

You missed all the offsides on a key drive for the Hawks. Holding penaltys on us. 3. No calls were going against them. If you call every single thing against us you HAVE TO call it fair and call the same stuff against the other team. The refs didnt. They screwed up and are now the story.

1310199[/snapback]

1. You gotta be kidding me, right? I hope you've been studying for a big business math test tomorrow in middle school and you are just so tired that you type that crap above. DJax put his arm on him while bent and then straighten his arm. he pushed off.

2. That Call was correct. By the Book.

3. Really? 3-20 yards was no call against them? Now I understand that is not the same as 7-70 yards but to say none were against them just shows you are biased.

1. You gotta be kidding me, right?  I hope you've been studying for a big business math test tomorrow in middle school and you are just so tired that you type that crap above.  DJax put his arm on him while bent and then straighten his arm.  he pushed off. 

2. That Call was correct.  By the Book.

3. Really?  3-20 yards was no call against them?  Now I understand that is not the same as 7-70 yards but to say none were against them just shows you are biased.

1310261[/snapback]

Im so tempted sometimes to paste that damn bunny in my sig

Funny post.

You missed the boat, and the game evidently, completely. While both teams certainly did not play well, it was not an even playing field- Hawks had to play against the refs from the start. While you obivously cannot state the officiating cost Sea the win, they took any chance they had to win away from them.

You completely overlooked the call that affected the game the most.

1st and goal negated by a phantom holding call on Locklear, that every analyst I saw stated was not holding- a Sea lead of 17-14 goes the other way, due in part to Hass INT obviously- made worse by the horsesh1t call on Hass. Pitt jums out 21-10. How the F can anyone say that is not effecting the outcome of the game??

Granted refs miss calls- then explain why Pitt GOT EVERY CALL, and every call either took points off the board or took them out of the red zone?? please tell me how Pitt had zero holding calls??

I have no problem with Roth's TD- tough call, apperaed to be short, but hard to tell in game speed- replay was inconclusive.

Djax did not "shove" the DB- they were jockeying with their hands, and it was minor. You want to get technical on the play- the DB made the initial contact prior to DJax's breaking back the other way. No advantage was gained-

Sea shot themselves in the foot no doubt- but the refs prevented them from having a chance to compete, and win the game.

Good assessment Gopher.

All you anti-Steeler cry babies need to shut it down until next season.....

Championship teams find ways to win and take advantage of every situation they have, which is what the Steelers did on Sunday. No doubt they were out-gained by Seattle, but Seattle couldn't close the deal. Blaming the refs doesn't cut it....they couldn't take advantage of the opportunities they had, unlike the Steelers. Funny how none of you Steeler haters are talking about the missed FGs, Hass's INT at the 3, Stevens 4 dropped passes and the poor coaching and clock management by Seattle. I guess none of that had anything to do with them getting beat....give me a break.

Both teams played like crap, but Pittsburgh was the more resilient team and won the game because of it.

The Steelers deserve a hard earned championship....congrats to them.

Im so tempted sometimes to paste that damn bunny in my sig

1310267[/snapback]

funny, Ive thought about that once or twice myself...if Bunny is gonna obtain world domination I want to get in on the ground floor :D

Funny post.

You missed the boat, and the game evidently, completely. While both teams certainly did not play well, it was not an even playing field- Hawks had to play against the refs from the start. While you obivously cannot state the officiating cost Sea the win, they took any chance they had to win away from them.

You completely overlooked the call that affected the game the most.

1st and goal negated by a phantom holding call on Locklear, that every analyst I saw stated was not holding- a Sea lead of 17-14 goes the other way, due in part to Hass INT obviously- made worse by the horsesh1t call on Hass. Pitt jums out 21-10. How the F can anyone say that is not effecting the outcome of the game??

Granted refs miss calls- then explain why Pitt GOT EVERY CALL, and every call either took points off the board or took them out of the red zone?? please tell me how Pitt had zero holding calls??

I have no problem with Roth's TD- tough call, apperaed to be short, but hard to tell in game speed- replay was inconclusive.

Djax did not "shove" the DB- they were jockeying with  their hands, and it was minor. You want to get technical on the play- the DB made the initial contact prior to DJax's breaking back the other way. No advantage was gained-

Sea shot themselves in the foot no doubt- but the refs prevented them from having a chance to compete, and win the game.

1310288[/snapback]

Like I said, it was just a random list of my thoughts on the SB. If I didn't mention one of the "horrible calls," my bad. But, I definitely did not miss the game. In fact, I recorded it and watched most of the crucial plays several times. I never said the officials didn't affect the outcome of the game. They do that every Sunday. I just don't think it can be said that they alone cost Seattle the SB. Had Seattle converted when they needed to most, in spite of the calls not going their way, they probably would have won the game, IMO. To say that the refs took away any chance of them competing is ridiculous. They did compete the entire game. Holmgren's game management took away any chance of them winning, and that is why he made the statement that he did afterwards.... Because people who know they screwed up say stupid things all of the time.

One of the most far fetched, creative and fictional assessments of the game i've read.  :D

Where's your terrible towel?

1310214[/snapback]

Like I said, I was rooting for Seattle. I'd much rather be talking about them winning the SB right now. Holmgren blew it. The refs certainly didn't help, but Seattle still had multiple chances to overcome the adversity and prevail. Didn't happen.

Like I said, I was rooting for Seattle.  I'd much rather be talking about them winning the SB right now.  Holmgren blew it.  The refs certainly didn't help, but Seattle still had multiple chances to overcome the adversity and prevail.  Didn't happen.

1310762[/snapback]

Gopher, I have admitted that there were mistakes by the officials, and that they certainly had an impact, but, they didn't lose the game. It is simply easier for MOST of the Seahawks and Steeler-Haters to put the blame squarely on the official than to put any on Holmgren's clock-management, Stevens drops, missed Field goals, allowing the run to Parker, and the trick play to Randle-El. I understand the anger, but, there has to eventually be a time to move on.

To say that the refs took away any chance of them competing is ridiculous. 

1310761[/snapback]

Agreed, and I don't think ayone is saying that.

Holmgren's game management took away any chance of them winning,

1310761[/snapback]

I don't buy that and that is ridiculous. The clock management at the end of the 2nd half was embarrasing, but it was nowhere near as detrimental as the wolrd's biggest snowjob.

Edited by bushwacked

Oh, and Wildcat, I'll admit that "shove" is probably too strong of a word. Jackson put his hand on the defender. That contact, in my opinion, probably created space that he didn't even need due to the move he was in the process of making. Ticky-tack call? Yes. Correct call, according to the rules? Yes. Should have been a no-call? Probably. But, they called it.

Plays that happen that early in a close game can't really be blamed for the outcome, in my opinion. I'm not saying I wouldn't be pissed if I were a Seattle homer, don't get me wrong. As a Vikings fan, I know all about being pissed off after close losses (although I was usually pissed at the team/coach/players, and not at the refs).

Good assessment Gopher.

Championship teams find ways to win and take advantage of every situation they have, which is what the Steelers did on Sunday.  No doubt they were out-gained by Seattle, but Seattle couldn't close the deal.  Blaming the refs doesn't cut it....they couldn't take advantage of the opportunities they had, unlike the Steelers.  Funny how none of you Steeler haters are talking about the missed FGs, Hass's INT at the 3, Stevens 4 dropped passes and the poor coaching and clock management by Seattle.  I guess none of that had anything to do with them getting beat....give me a break.

Both teams played like crap, but Pittsburgh was the more resilient team and won the game because of it.

The Steelers deserve a hard earned championship....congrats to them.

1310622[/snapback]

Congrats on your team's SB victory. The Seahawks couldn't overcome their mistakes, dropped passes, and the officiating. BTW, football fans are pissed, not Steeler haters. To pretend the atrocious officiating didn't effect the game must be nice, but it isn't reality. The multitude of questionable to horrendous calls took at least 11 points off the scoreboard and a multitude of intangibles (momentum, early led....etc.). The only people who can't admit this are a handful of Steeler fans and guys like Gopher who were obviously taking various smoke breaks with Brentastic.

That being said, with the officiating obstacles, the Seahawks still had a chance to close the deal and didn't get it done. But, I'm not going to "give it up." My team had a great year and were fubared by circumstances out of their control. I'm pissed and changes need to be made in the NFL. The game was total BS and any real fan knows that.

Good assessment Gopher.

Funny how none of you Steeler haters

1310622[/snapback]

Please, please, DO NOT, absolutly do not think think that folks criticizing the refs are criticizing the Steelers or are anti-Steelers. I know you're looking at theohiostate's avatar but with that comes the usual Browns/Bengals or whoever longstanding Steeler bashing that preceeds the Super Bowl.

Speaking for myself, while I am very, very upset at how this game was called I don't blame the Steelers one bit for capitalizing on the favorable calls or think any less of the Steeler organization or fan base. If anything I like the Steelers better than the Seahawks.

It's as a football fan that I feel I was cheated. The refs sucked. Now they's sucked a lot in recent memory but usually we put up with it because the suckiness almost always cuts both ways. In the Super Bowl, all the calls were one-sided. That's not the Steelers' fault. Everybody here realizes this.

The Steelers are not to blame for the refs sucking. The Steelers have had their own problems with lousy officiating. You of all fan bases should know- just three weeks ago you were the ones who were a Ben Roethlisberger tackle away from taking one in the pooper from lousy officiating. Does that make you (and me) anti-Colt?

Edited by Voltaire

Congrats on your team's SB victory.  The Seahawks couldn't overcome their mistakes, dropped passes, and the officiating.  BTW, football fans are pissed, not Steeler haters.  To pretend the atrocious officiating didn't effect the game must be nice, but it isn't reality.  The multitude of questionable to horrendous calls took at least 11 points off the scoreboard and a multitude of intangibles (momentum, early led....etc.).  The only people who can't admit this are a handful of Steeler fans and guys like Gopher who were obviously taking various smoke breaks with Brentastic.

That being said, with the officiating obstacles, the Seahawks still had a chance to close the deal and didn't get it done.  But, I'm not going to "give it up."  My team had a great year and were fubared by circumstances out of their control.  I'm pissed and changes need to be made in the NFL.  The game was total BS and any real fan knows that.

1310794[/snapback]

Bushwacked, like I've said before, I have no problem with you being upset. I would be too. Also, I have admitted that the calls definitely went the Steelers way. I do have a problem with saying that the refs DEFINITELY took 11 points away from the Steelers....

1. You are giving 4 for the Pass Interference call on Jackson. Though it was

'ticky-tack', and I don't think it should have been called, because it usually

isn't, by the letter of the law, he did push off, even if it was slight. So,

I understand being upset, but you can't just give those 4 points. It was

a judgement call, unlike the blocking call on Hasselbeck, which was clearly

BS.

2. You are giving them the other 7 on the holding call that got Stevens to the

3 yard line. That was a BS holding call, but, you cannot GUARANTE that the

Seahawks get in. Probable that they get 7, yes, but not Guaranteed. I know

Alexander and the Seahawks are great from there, but, the Steelers defense

has been great in that situation as well.

Please, please, DO NOT, absolutly do not think think that folks criticizing the refs are criticizing the Steelers or are anti-Steelers. I know you're looking at theohiostate's avatar but with that comes the usual Browns/Bengals or whoever longstanding Steeler bashing that preceeds the Super Bowl.

Speaking for myself, while I am very, very upset at how this game was called I don't blame the Steelers one bit for capitalizing on the favorable calls or think any less of the Steeler organization or fan base. If anything I like the Steelers better than the Seahawks.

It's as a football fan that I feel I was cheated. The refs sucked. Now they's sucked a lot in recent memory but usually we put up with it because the suckiness almost always cuts both ways. In the Super Bowl, all the calls were one-sided. That's not the Steelers' fault. Everybody here realizes this.

The Steelers are not to blame for the refs sucking. The Steelers have had their own problems with lousy officiating. You of all fan bases should know- just three weeks ago you were the ones who were a Ben Roethlisberger tackle away from taking one in the pooper from lousy officiating. Does that make you (and me) anti-Colt?

1310803[/snapback]

Not at all, and this was a great post. Most, you are correct, are just upset with the bad officiaiting, but there are some who are loving this, because they feel it is taking away from the Steelers victory, and will never give them the credit they deserve, but, I agree the majority are simply upset about the poor calls.

Steeler Fan - great post, I think everyone is a crybaby who thinks the refs were bad, they didn't cost seattle the game...

Seahawk Fan - you are crazy, the refs cost us the game, we would have won had the refs been fair, its rediculous...

Every Other Fan - the refs didn't cost Seattle the game but Pitt definately got more calls and something needs to be done with the officiating to ensure the correct calls are made in the future...

copy and paste