[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jeff Fisher's Opinion

Menudo

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11210113/from/RS.2/

Shove this up your choker A$$, you ignorant fool.

1311834[/snapback]

Keep shoving your head further in the sand. Keep telling yourself all the calls were good. Real football fans know different. The fact that you have nothing to argue is proven by the fact you keep bringing the Colts into it. Lame. What do you want the NFL to say? The Seahawks got screwed? :D

nope, not next year, but perhaps in three years (I become eligible for Swiss citizenship in 2.5 years and there's no stopping me)  :D

1311845[/snapback]

Well maybe they'll hit a wild card birth before you become elligible to take them to the promised land :D

Just be happy the Seahawks in the playoffs at all, if they were still in the AFC 9-7...at best.

1311855[/snapback]

Just be happy the Steelers got every call in the Super Bowl.

Edited by CaptainHook

5. The no-call on Stevens's catch and fumble was horrendous. He fumbled it FORWARD, and I can't say who would have recovered the ball, so I don't know which team would have benefited. Still, a relatively easy call to make and they whiffed. Plus, aren't officials ENCOURAGED to keep their whistles out of their mouths in a possible fumble situation? Friggin' morons.

It was 3rd and long. The ball, chased by a STEALER defender was bounding highspeed towards the sideline, it did not let up, and the ball went out at the 8yd line.

The following punt put the ball at the 20.

I'm kinda' surprised that Holmgren is hanging his hat on the Roethlisberger TD call. Out of all the bad calls that have been cited ad nauseum, that one to me was perhaps the most defensible. I personally thought that the ball did break the plane.

I didn't like the PI call on DJax - I understand Fisher's point that it mey be PI by the letter of the law, but I agree with the seeming majority that that kind of contact is never called.

The holding call on Locklear to me was the worst of a bad bunch of calls. The illegal block on hasselbeck is ridiculous, but I think the holding call on Locklear had a bigger impact on the game.

The missed offsides on back-to-back plays bothered me because my impression over the course of this and other seasons is that calls like that are almost never missed, much less 2 of them on back-to-back plays. And those were important calls, at least one of them came on a play where Hasselbeck was sacked in the red zone.

The missed delay of game penalty didn't bother me at all - it was awfully close and we've seen instances all season where the QB seemed to beenfit from an extra half-second at the line of scrimmage.

Just be happy the Steelers got every call in the Super Bowl.

1311860[/snapback]

You're as transparent as they come, I'm sure you've been lying in wait for something negative to spout off about the Steelers, could'nt do it after they crushed the colts or the broncos. here's your chance little boy.... talk about a blind homer.

You're as transparent as they come, I'm sure you've been lying in wait for something negative to spout off about the Steelers, could'nt do it after they crushed the colts or the broncos. here's your chance little boy.... talk about a blind homer.

1311915[/snapback]

Like I said, see my posts after the Indy/Pitt game. You continue to talk about things you know nothing about. Get your head out of your ass man.

...and another :D

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/sto...gene&id=2322300

Sorry conspiracy buffs, a loss sometimes is just a lossBy Gene Wojciechowski

ESPN.com

Archive

A man can do a lot of thinking during the four-hour, pedal-through-the-floorboard drive from Detroit to sweet home Chicago. Like ...

Who cares if Joe Montana and Terry Bradshaw stiffed the NFL's Super Bowl MVP ceremony? It was their loss, not ours. They had a chance to be part of one of the great team photos of all time, but decided to take a pass because of family commitments, or money demands, or both. All I know is that if I were Montana or Bradshaw, I would have brought my family to Detroit for this one. It's not like they had to take a wagon train to get there. After all, how many times do you get almost all the living MVPs from SB I to XL on the same field?

AP Photo

Mike Holmgren and the Super Bowl officials, led by Bill Leavy (127), didn't see eye to eye.

But Montana, the only three-time Super Bowl MVP, told ESPN's Stephen A. Smith, "I've moved on with my life. People think I need to be stuck with football the rest of my life.''

Yes, he's moved on all right ... until Feb. 25, when he's making a paid appearance at a collectors show. Autographs go for $149 apiece, photo ops for $169.

Apparently Joe has no family commitments that day.

Can we have a Franco Harris Rule? The rule states that no lead singer older than the 56-year-old Pittsburgh Steelers legend can perform during the Super Bowl halftime show.

Sorry, Mick. You and the belly shirt have to find a new gig.

And finally, can we stuff a very large sani-sock into the mouth of Seattle coach Mike Holmgren, and anyone else who says the refs had it out for the poor, little Seahawks?

The signs are very clever (Refs 21, Seahawks 10 ... or, Pittsburgh's 12th Man: The Refs), but they're bogus. It's how sore losers rationalize a final score. Worse yet, it's crying. And there's no crying in football, unless you're Hines Ward.

I know what you're thinking Cincinnati Bengals, Indianapolis Colts, Denver Broncos and, yes, Seattle Seahawks. You're thinking about the way the Steelers bumbled about in Ford Field, and you're saying to yourselves: "Tell me again how we lost to these guys?''

Think about Sunday's game:

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger freaked out ... The best Pittsburgh pass of the day (and I'm stealing Michael Irvin's line here) was thrown by wide receiver Antwaan Randle El ... The Steelers' inspirational "hero,'' Jerome Bettis, rushed for a grand total of 43 yards and couldn't pound it in when Pittsburgh needed him most ... The Steelers had fewer passing yards, less time of possession, fewer total yards, and more turnovers.

And yet, the Steelers won by 11, covering the spread with ease. Conspiracy theories arrived moments later.

The refs stole it.

The NFL "wanted'' this.

The Seahawks were really the better team.

Look, the game itself was 3 hours and 36 minutes of yawns. I think we can all pretty much agree on that. I loved the story lines, but the game, not so much.

But to simply dismiss the Steelers victory as an act of referee kindness is to take a Bettis-sized leap of faith.

AP Photo

Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones need a new gig.

Sorry, but Seahawks receiver Darrell Jackson pushed off in the end zone. Did it gain him an advantage? Maybe. Maybe not. All that matters is that the official standing nearby -- a lot closer than John Madden, you or me -- thought so. Instead of a touchdown, Seattle settled for a 3-0 first quarter lead.

Sorry, but Roethlisberger might have broken the plane of the goal line on his second quarter 1-yard TD dive. Or not. That's what matters, right? Not where he landed, but if the ball broke the plane? The play was reviewed and upheld. What else was anyone supposed to do? And while there are no guarantees, if the ball had been spotted just short of the goal line, the Steelers were 100 percent on fourth-and-goals this season.

Sorry, I truly don't know whether Sean Locklear held Clark Haggans on that key fourth quarter call. Even if he didn't, and it was first-and-goal from the Pittsburgh 1, then what? If you can't guarantee Pittsburgh's scoring on fourth-and-inches in the second quarter, you can't guarantee Seattle's scoring on first-and-goal from the 1. Why? Because funny things happen, like the Bettis fumble against Indy. Or Roethlisberger's underthrowing a wide-open Cedrick Wilson against Seattle, costing the Steelers a sure touchdown or a likely field goal (the ball was at the Seahawks' 7). Instead, Kelly Herndon intercepted the crummy pass, returned it 76 yards and Seattle scored three plays later.

No one can deny there were questionable calls during the game. But before Holmgren and Latte Nation start whining about playing "the guys in the striped shirts as well,'' perhaps a history lesson is in order.

The striped shirts didn't cause tight end Jerramy Stevens to drop four passes. The striped shirts didn't cause the Seahawks defense to give up a Steelers first down on a third-and-28 situation (which later led to the Roethlisberger disputed TD). The striped shirts didn't cause the Seahawks defense to give up the longest touchdown run in Super Bowl history. They also didn't cause Etric Pruitt to sprint up from his safety position, only to be fooled by the trick play that resulted in Randle El's 43-yard TD pass to Ward (and by the way, if everyone knows the Steelers like to run gadget plays near midfield, don't you think the Seahawks knew it too?). Or cause Seahawks quarterback Matt Hasselbeck to throw a killer interception with nearly 11 minutes left in the game and Seattle trailing by only four points.

Enough already with the whining. The Seahawks had their chances. Plenty of them to overcome the Steelers and, if they insist, the refs, too.

Holmgren, who didn't exactly distinguish himself in the waning minutes of both halves, is no doubt suffering some post-Super Bowl anger. Perfectly understandable, especially in front of the thousands who greeted the team upon its return to Seattle. But days, weeks, months from now, when he's able to think more clearly, he'll realize the only people to blame for the loss were wearing Seahawks metallic blue, not black and white.

Sorry, I truly don't know whether Sean Locklear held Clark Haggans on that key fourth quarter call. . .

No one can deny there were questionable calls during the game. . .

1311928[/snapback]

:D I don't know if I'd hang my hat with this guy.

He didn't even address a couple of the more controversial calls. :D

:D I don't know if I'd hang my hat with this guy.

He didn't even address a couple of the more controversial calls.  :D

1311971[/snapback]

Not hanging my hat on anyone, just getting the stuff I find out there for everyone.

I'd also like to add that on the PI call on Jackson in the endzone, the ref didn't throw the terrible towel until the DB pleaded with him.

1311593[/snapback]

I've seen the replays multiple times, and from what I'v seen this statement is untrue. The ref, before anyone approached him, went for his pocket to grab the flag and throw it, but whiffed. He basically threw air. As the DB was coming toward him, he reached back, grabbed the flag, and threw it. It was not because of the DB that he threw the flag, it's because he missed the first time.

Like I said, see my posts after the Indy/Pitt game.  You continue to talk about things you know nothing about.  Get your head out of your ass man.

1311918[/snapback]

I apologize about the watermellon comment, obviously I hit a nerve with you on that? Perhaps you've come down with a case of Elephantitis of the nuts..or the like.

my bad.

I apologize about the watermellon comment, obviously I hit a nerve with you on that? Perhaps you've come down with a case of Elephantitis of the nuts..or the like.

my bad.

1311988[/snapback]

Wow, I really do think we have found our version of Seahawk37 ......... :D

my bad.

1311988[/snapback]

nah, they are naturally that large. :D

No harm done.

I've seen the replays multiple times, and from what I'v seen this statement is untrue.  The ref, before anyone approached him, went for his pocket to grab the flag and throw it, but whiffed.  He basically threw air.  As the DB was coming toward him, he reached back, grabbed the flag, and threw it.  It was not because of the DB that he threw the flag, it's because he missed the first time.

1311984[/snapback]

You know, I just saw the replay again while having lunch and I think you are correct. I think he did whiff on first grab.

Chris Carter chimes in:

A run to remember

By Cris Carter, Yahoo! Sports

By defeating the AFC's top three seeds and the NFC's No. 1 seed in the Seattle Seahawks, the Pittsburgh Steelers' march to a Super Bowl XL victory has to be considered the best postseason run of all time.

Perhaps even more amazing is that the Steelers didn't even play their best football against the Seahawks. But the sign of a great football team is the ability to stay in the game when it is not playing well. Pittsburgh was nowhere near playing its best football, but it still held a four-point lead at halftime.

Steelers offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt did a great job managing Ben Roethlisberger through a rough first half, helping his young quarterback gain some confidence with a quarterback draw on third down. Whisenhunt's play calling (namely Antwaan Randle El's reverse pass for a touchdown) was a key part of the victory, and Pittsburgh truly will miss him if he decides to take the Raiders' head coaching job.

The difference in the game for the Seahawks was not taking advantage of a dominant first half. Seattle allowed the Steelers to get their feet underneath them and then watched Willie Parker break free for a 75-yard touchdown run right after halftime. In the end, it was too hard to overcome that 11-point deficit.

Yes, the officiating wasn't the best. But the Seahawks made enough mistakes to blame themselves, not just the referees.

ADVERTISEMENT

CARTER'S SIX POINTS

GO ROUTES

1. The Steel Curtain. Pittsburgh's defense was able to adjust to a lot of things the Seahawks were doing offensively. It was able to take Darrell Jackson out of the game after he enjoyed a big first quarter, and it continued to show different looks to keep Matt Hasselbeck thinking. The linebacking corps, in particular, played fabulous. Against the pass, the group gave up some plays, but against the run, it helped take away Seattle's running game.

2. Bill Cowher. He coached an absolutely great football game. That first drive of the second half was huge, and even though his team wasn't playing well, he had his players more under control than you normally see in a big game.

3. Fast Willie. Willie Parker's Super Bowl record 75-yard touchdown run was the play of the game. It was a quick blow to the psyche of the Seahawks, who had controlled the game until that point.

FADE ROUTES

1. Not-so-even Stevens. Jerramy Stevens probably played his worst game as a pro. But it's not surprising that the Seahawks' tight end failed to back up his words from Media Day. He's not that good. Stevens had an opportunity to make a difference in the game, but he wasn't able to pull it off because – trust me – the Steelers ultimately got into his head.

2. Seattle's offense. Despite all the yardage they gained in the first half, the Seahawks still were trailing 7-3 at halftime. That was a huge disappointment. Darrell Jackson had a touchdown catch negated due to a pass interference call, but that was the right call. Jackson pushed off to gain an advantage.

3. 'Hawks' bad timing. Seattle made mistakes at the worst times, and the holding penalties that canceled out big plays were just part of it. The Seahawks had so many unfortunate things happen to them, especially in the first 30 minutes of the game, to prevent them from putting Pittsburgh in a big hole.