[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Houston Texans...

Geaux Saints!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Big John.

1384792[/snapback]

:D

Ok, on to the topic...

I've often wondered about the Texans myself. They always seem poised to move ahead but never do. They've got great players with Carr & AJ and have a solid running game as well as what was a fairly good defense up until last year. Yet for the past few years they seem to refuse to address the offensive line. Hopefully for Texans fans the owner has been letting the GM/coaches make all the decisions on player personell because otherwise you all will be swimming in the sea of mediocrity for a looooong time to come.

LMAO rajncajn.

You are why Louisiana has a bad rap.

Get a life, loser.

1384804[/snapback]

You are way off track. :D

Edit: You were redeeming yourself with the first apology until this.

Edited by Big John

LMAO rajncajn.

You are why Louisiana has a bad rap.

Get a life, loser.

1384804[/snapback]

Strike two! :D

And as a true Texan fan, I can tell you that they have made a few good signings, such as Jeb Putzier as a legitimate threat at the TE position. They are also on the verge of signing Sam Cowart to handle the MLB spot. Letting Bradford and Gaffney get away will not hurt too much. Both have underachieved so far with the Texans.

Like you I would like to see them make a major splash in FA, but if you are a real Texans fan, you should know thats not Casserly's style.

They are also on the verge of signing Sam Cowart to handle the MLB spot.

1384836[/snapback]

I've been following that. That would be a great signing for them. He's getting on in years, but he's a good captain on the field.

And I think Dominick Davis is an average at best back.  I look at yards per carry, he gets his numbers by getting the ball 500 times a year.

1384814[/snapback]

Yes, but, he also gets his numbers running behind the worst offensive line in football. I certainly don't think he is the problem.

OK I don't want to get off on the wrong foot.

I apologize to Big John again and rajncajn.

I do not want to insult people.

I will exercise better judgment as I love The Huddle!

I get a little bloody in the pants when I don't have football to watch.

Again my apologies to my fellow Huddlers.

And as a true Texan fan, I can tell you that they have made a few good signings, such as Jeb Putzier as a legitimate threat at the TE position.  They are also on the verge of signing Sam Cowart to handle the MLB spot.  Letting Bradford and Gaffney get away will not hurt too much.  Both have underachieved so far with the Texans. 

Like you I would like to see them make a major splash in FA, but if you are a real Texans fan, you should know thats not Casserly's style.

1384836[/snapback]

Just wanted to add that in addition to Putzier and possibly Cowart, they did go out and get one of the top free agent defensive ends in Anthony Weaver as well as add Jameel Cook at FB and Kevin Walter at WR. Not lighting the world on fire by any means but slowly adding solid guys who they think will fit their new schemes. I will hold off on the OL issues until I see their draft and whether they can add a couple lower priced guys later in free agency or after some June cuts, but right now I think adding solid guys is better than desparate overspending considering they aren't on the verge of winning it all, they have plenty of talent (Carr, DD, Bush?, AJ, Putzier on offense and a defense including Robinson, Peek/Babin, Greenwood, etc that was pretty good until last year when the whole team underperformed).

(That's my attempt to get this back on topic.)

Edited by cph

I've been following that.  That would be a great signing for them.  He's getting on in years, but he's a good captain on the field.

1384852[/snapback]

Definately something they need. Their LBs have been hurting since the departure of Sharper & Foreman. Granted they let them go at the right time, but they haven't replaced their production. I definately still like Greenwod though & Cowart will only help his production.

Yes, but,  he also gets his numbers running behind the worst offensive line in football.  I certainly don't think he is the problem.

1384854[/snapback]

I don't think he's the problem either. In fact I think they have a couple of good backs with Wells & Morency as well. If Bush wasn't such a stud I'd be surprised if they didn't pick Ferguson with the 1st which I think they should regardless or move down and take him.

1384855[/snapback]

:D

OK I don't want to get off on the wrong foot.

I apologize to Big John again and rajncajn.

I do not want to insult people.

I will exercise better judgment as I love The Huddle!

1384855[/snapback]

Well said. I agree that the Texans should be HEAVILY involved in free agency and also wondered why they weren't mentioned in any of the big names out there. I don't know, is the owne a cheaparse or something? I'm not a Texans fan (I do like the team though and would like to see them improve) or anything so I don't have much info on the subject.

Even if they do not pick an O-lineman in the first round, I think they would be foolish to pass on Reggie Bush.  If anything Reggie will at least keep the stadium seats filled.

P.S.  You should schedule an appointment with your OB/GYN.  :D

1384894[/snapback]

Paging Dr. Chargerz :D

Completely agree. With all the Texans needs they could be prime candidates to really pull off a sweet deal for Bush.

Why do you guys need Jeb.........don't you still have Bennie Joppru!!?? :D

1384919[/snapback]

:D I drafted Joppru in two dynasty leagues. The guy has awesome talent, but can't seem to make it thru training camp.