[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LENDALE SIMPLY OUT OF SHAPE?

Jumpin Johnies

LENDALE SIMPLY OUT OF SHAPE?

Although the decision of USC running back LenDale White to not work out on Sunday is being attributed to a hamstring pull suffered at the scouting combine, we're hearing that White simply has not been diligent about working out -- and consequently was not in shape.

Even if White has a bad hammy, managing only 15 reps in the 225-pound bench press does little to cement the notion that LenDale is a power back, and it further suggests that he's allowed himself to get puffy at a time when his ultimate draft position (and the financial windfall that goes along with it) is riding on his ability to post competitive numbers.

"They will be yakking about me on draft day," White said. "I'll be the man."

As to White's claim that he pulled a hammy in Indy, we'd sure like to know when he did it. He didn't run the 40 there, so it must have come from one of the other drills. And we wonder whether the tape of his performance at the combine corroborates White's claim.

Amazingly, White's uncle told the Denver Post that LenDale re-injured the hamstring while performing the bench-press drill on Sunday.

At this point, it's still unclear whether White will run at all before the draft. His uncle says a private workout will be held the weekend before the draft. We've heard, however, that White was telling others on Sunday that he has no intention of running before the April 29 draft.

"If you're a team, how do you take a running back who doesn't run a 40-yard dash?" Texans G.M. Charley Casserly said, according to the Los Angeles Times. "At some point, you've got to find out how fast somebody is."

Folks, this guy has "turd" written all over him, in our view.

So we guess it's time for the equipment manager in Denver to start getting his jersey ready.

That's a shame. In the USC-Texas game at least, he honestly looked like the more NFL-ready back of the two. Bush was flashy, but White looked like a more reliable pounder. If he did indeed choose this one time in his life to sit on the couch and chug milkshakes, what a f'n doofus.

And DeAngelo Williams

1400560[/snapback]

and addai. and calhoun.

ok, maybe not...but if he doesn't show he's in decent shape (or more importantly, if he doesn't show the committment to be in great shape) before the draft, i think he might just fall out of the first round. and to think people were talking about him being a top 10 pick. talk about costing yourself $$$.

Amazingly, White's uncle told the Denver Post that LenDale re-injured the hamstring while performing the bench-press drill on Sunday.

At this point, it's still unclear whether White will run at all before the draft.  His uncle says a private workout will be held the weekend before the draft.  We've heard, however, that White was telling others on Sunday that he has no intention of running before the April 29 draft.

1400447[/snapback]

Is his uncle his agent? Is it just me, or are we hearing more and more from family members lately on the status, contract wants, etc of players?

That's a shame. In the USC-Texas game at least, he honestly looked like the more NFL-ready back of the two. Bush was flashy, but White looked like a more reliable pounder. If he did indeed choose this one time in his life to sit on the couch and chug milkshakes, what a f'n doofus.

1400514[/snapback]

I read a quote from him the other day...Not sure where, but it said something along the lines of (him saying this) him being the only pounding runner in the draft that is worthy of a 1st round pick, so theyre gonna "have" to draft him if they want that style runner. If you ask me, after reading that quote, I thought he was a bit too arrogant. He might be a good runner, but he hasnt faced a Ray Lewis type player.

Ill see if I can find the link. I think it was on CNNSI.

I think he's a lazy fatherless male, but on the NFL Network they said he still weighed in yesterday less than what he played at in the Rose Bowl. He did OK in that game if I remember right. Anyways, yeah he's slipping in the draft, but I bet he'll be productive in the NFL. Eddie George like career... not long, 240 Lb RB's don't seem to last too long in the NFL. He put up too many numbers in college to be a total bust...F*&king Colts will draft him and he'll be a stud for the next 10 years with my luck.

WHITE LIES

1405920[/snapback]

so maybe there is a team, or teams, that doesn't care if he's out of shape. maybe a team in the 20s told him they'll draft him for sure. why wouldn't lendale himself want to bust ass to get drafted even higher? maybe it doesn't worry every NFL scout/GM, but i'm sure it worries many. it would worry me.

so maybe there is a team, or teams, that doesn't care if he's out of shape.  maybe a team in the 20s told him they'll draft him for sure.  why wouldn't lendale himself want to bust ass to get drafted even higher?  maybe it doesn't worry every NFL scout/GM, but i'm sure it worries many.  it would worry me.

1406742[/snapback]

It would worry me also, there is a chance he's not as out of shape as he appears. He may have it planned if he has already spoken to a team he wants to play for. There just may be a method to his madness. Maybe playing for a good team is worth more to him than money right away, it could even pay off for him in the future.

I think he's been purposely sandbagging it, and has a plan to be drafted later in the draft by a team he wants to go to----maybe Denver at 22?

Going to be interesting how this plays out. If Denver does draft him and he turns out to be another turd like Clarrett, does Shanny cut him? How do you cut a 1st round pick?

I believe it was Kiper :D that had Lendale White slipping all the way to the Steelers in the 1st round. Though I highly doubt he slips that far, I think he would fit their offense perfectly and provide a solid 1-2 punch with Parker.

I believe it was Kiper  :D  that had Lendale White slipping all the way to the Steelers in the 1st round.  Though I highly doubt he slips that far, I think he would fit their offense perfectly and provide a solid 1-2 punch with Parker.

1408551[/snapback]

Sounds like someone is already missing the Bus. :D

Sounds like someone is already missing the Bus. :D

1408568[/snapback]

No doubt about it. Those who think Bettis won't be missed are fooling himself. First, he was a leader in the locker room. Also, we have been spoiled over the years on 3rd & 4th and 1's, as well as, goal line carries. He isn't going to be easy to replace.

No doubt about it.  Those who think Bettis won't be missed are fooling himself.  First, he was a leader in the locker room.  Also, we have been spoiled over the years on 3rd & 4th and 1's, as well as, goal line carries.  He isn't going to be easy to replace.

1408571[/snapback]

There might be 5 players TOTAL that could replace him...all time. He will definitely be missed, both as a player and a person off the feild.

Im not a Stelers fan and ILL miss him.