[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wow! Bold article.

irish

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writ...bowl/index.html

Can't say that I agree as the NFL these days is rapidly changing and it seems like noncontenders last year can be contenders this year.

I actually agree with all 5.  Miami may sneak into the playoffs, but I do not think Philly, Minny, San Diego without Brees or Kansas City can get there. Either way, none of those 5 will make it past round 1, if any make the post season.

1495173[/snapback]

I have always liked Brees as a QB going all the way back to college. that being said..I don't think they skip a beat without Brees unless Rivers gets hurt..even then I think they fight for a playoff spot. also think Minne makes the playoff in our weak north, they have improved tremendously IMO.

That being said..I don't think any of those teams make it to the superbowl either. if I had to choose which of the 5 I think can make it to the superbowl I would go with Minne since my NFC does not really have 1 team I consider dominant.

I have to go with the Oakland Raiders as a surprise team. They might even sneak into the playoffs. This D got some weapons now and the O was just hurt. I think Brooks make this team better just by his mobility. He got the arm he just got to use the brain alittle more. On D they added 3 key pieces to me.

Micheal Huff at either Saftey spot. I see that they have already a good safety but he will match up with him to make it even better.

Thomas Howard SLB just what the doctor called for. They have Morris at WLB and Clark at MLB.

Darnell Bing. SS or LB I would love him to stay at SS but if moved to LB not sure where he would play. But overall I think these upgrades help.

The real question to me boils down to the coaching staff. I wont take no shots at it. But we all know that if they would have gotten Ken Wisenhunt this team with this draft would be talked about alot more.

Homer alert!!

A more realistic breakdown. Yes, Green is old. However, you have the best RB in the league. If Green goes down, you simply become MORE of a running, grind it out type team. Which leads to time control and keeping the defense off the field.

The defense will be better. They showed sign last years of being a good defense, and I think they finally bring it all together this year. Some things in their favor:

1. Edwards will emphasize defense. This alone will motivate them a bit more to play better.

2. Ball control offense. More running and less passing means lower scoring games but you also are not leaving your defense out the dry 65% of the game.

Homer alert!!

Yes, Green is old. However, you have the best RB in the league.

There may be a couple of RB's out west that have something to say about this. :D

Edited by tbimm

Wow Dolphins not even making the playoffs this year? What a joke.

1495520[/snapback]

Actually, I can see them being similar to the '92 Packer team - you had a lot of pieces moved/moving into place, and they finished with a flourish, but there's still plenty of building to be done in Miami.

Since they'll have a tougher schedule, they might be a better team while staying in the same won-lost neighborhood. Of course one more win puts them in the eminently respectable 10-6 area.

The Vikes, though - like their offseason moves, dislike their coach. Similar to the Dolphins season-end, but they were a bit less convincing.

lol the eagles have one off year and they are pretty much a lock to miss the playoffs...

now...if this happens 2 years...people can start writing them off...but people even jocked the panthers last year and the eagles are better right now than the panthers were last year..

I have to go with the Oakland Raiders as a surprise team.  They might even sneak into the playoffs.  This D got some weapons now and the O was just hurt.  I think Brooks make this team better just by his mobility.  He got the arm he just got to use the brain alittle more.  On D they added 3 key pieces to me.

Micheal Huff at either Saftey spot.  I see that they have already a good safety but he will match up with him to make it even better.

Thomas Howard SLB just what the doctor called for.  They have Morris at WLB and Clark at MLB.

Darnell Bing.  SS or LB  I would love him to stay at SS but if moved to LB not sure where he would play.  But overall I think these upgrades help.

The real question to me boils down to the coaching staff.  I wont take no shots at it.  But we all know that if they would have gotten Ken Wisenhunt this team with this draft would be talked about alot more.

1495445[/snapback]

:D

Good info here.

Huff will be a day one starter and a playmaker, throw in Schwiegert or Gibson and you've got a good team there, not to mention the youth and speed in Asomougha and Washington.

Darnell Bing will play LB however, and in the 4-3 probably won't get a lot of play time this year. However Clark is getting old and this could be his last year with Oakland, if that’s the case, Morrison moves inside and Bing takes the outside.

Let’s also keep in mind how much better Sapp started to look when they shifted back to the 4-3. With him being his moderately decent self, plus league sack leader Burgess, Tyler Brayton, and Bobby Hamilton, the line will be solid as well.

Yes, I'm a homer. But this defense will be dangerous this year. Art Shell has already started with his "punish the other team" speeches, and I can see this year’s D showing glimpses of the old school Raiders.

Edited by kpholmes

the eagles are better right now than the panthers were last year..

1495750[/snapback]

No, they're not.

Edited by Menudo

Wow Dolphins not even making the playoffs this year? What a joke.

1495520[/snapback]

Easy there Flip Side.... :D

I expect the Dolphins to make the playoffs as well, but, lets not act like they are a shoo-in and not making the playoffs would shock the world.

No, they're not.

1495845[/snapback]

I'd have to agree with this as well: I'd give a small, but definitive, edge to the Panthers for their D. They both have similar backfields (talented starters, but BW and DF both seem unable to handle a 16 game grind), but Carolina has more depth, and the Eagles are throwing the ball to who, and he's how far below Steve Smith?

No, they're not.

1495845[/snapback]

I agree, the Eagles are in a lot of trouble. The NFC East is not the cake walk it has been in previous Eagle-dominated seasons. In fact, the other 3 teams at worst are equals.

This is a really interesting division now, as all 4 teams have a different face. Eagles are pass first, if that doesn't work, pass again and let our Defense stop them. Washington is Run and Defense. NYG is turnign into a big-play Offesne and Dallas is, well, Bill Parcells Dallas. I can see the Eagles coming in 4th in the div without being an altogether bad team.

lol the eagles have one off year and they are pretty much a lock to miss the playoffs...

now...if this happens 2 years...people can start writing them off...but people even jocked the panthers last year and the eagles are better right now than the panthers were last year..

1495750[/snapback]

The issue to me is the fact that they may be in the toughest division top to bottom in football. The only thing I take exception to is when people say the Eagles weren't as good as they seemed because the division was a cake walk before. They were one of the best teams in the NFL who happened to be in an average division.

P.S. My hopes for the Eagles aren't too high this year, but I think they have a legit shot at winning the division. Will it happen? Probably not.

Edited by TDFFFreak

The issue to me is the fact that they may be in the toughest division top to bottom in football.  The only thing I take exception to is when people say the Eagles weren't as good as they seemed because the division was a cake walk before.  They were one of the best teams in the NFL who happened to me in an average division.

1497081[/snapback]

Agree with this. In today's NFL, you do not win as many games and make it to the NFC Championship game that often unless you are a good team and a good franchise. The Eagles definitely fit into the category of one of the best teams in the NFL the past 5 years. A few breaks here and there and we are talking about them the same way we talk about the Patriots.

Simple as that.

Agree with this. In today's NFL, you do not win as many games and make it to the NFC Championship game that often unless you are a good team and a good franchise. The Eagles definitely fit into the category of one of the best teams in the NFL the past 5 years. A few breaks here and there and we are talking about them the same way we talk about the Patriots.

Simple as that.

Where should I send the check? :D

I have to go with the Oakland Raiders as a surprise team. They might even sneak into the playoffs. This D got some weapons now and the O was just hurt. I think Brooks make this team better just by his mobility. He got the arm he just got to use the brain alittle more. On D they added 3 key pieces to me.

Micheal Huff at either Saftey spot. I see that they have already a good safety but he will match up with him to make it even better.

Thomas Howard SLB just what the doctor called for. They have Morris at WLB and Clark at MLB.

Darnell Bing. SS or LB I would love him to stay at SS but if moved to LB not sure where he would play. But overall I think these upgrades help.

The real question to me boils down to the coaching staff. I wont take no shots at it. But we all know that if they would have gotten Ken Wisenhunt this team with this draft would be talked about alot more.

I believe the Raiders are going to move Huff into a starting db postion,have you heard anyhting on it?

I believe the Raiders are going to move Huff into a starting db postion,have you heard anyhting on it?

Havent heard anything, but with Woodson gone

I wouldnt be surprised

There may be a couple of RB's out west that have something to say about this. :D

A couple in the west and at least 2 in the East=Tiki Barber and Portis IMO are better than LJ....possibly Edgerrin James to boot.....I truly believe after 2006 the expectations of LJ will be severely tempered downwards after it is seen he's a top 10 RB, but not a top 3 or even 5 for that matter....REMEMBER YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

KC will rely on the Priest (if he comes back) before it is over...LJ will be hampered by little injuries like he has in the past.....WATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if Priest is unable to return...they better find a back-up IMO///

Drafting LJ as #1 = :D:D:D:D:D:D