[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Heading up to Flowery Branch for Falcons TC

Big Score 1

Got up there to see Vick throw one pass to White (which looked good) and the players were called off the field for lightning strikes as a massive storm rolled in.

Practice moved to indoor facility.....which is closed to the public :D

Darn typical GA summer weather.

I'll be going again tomorrow, both morning & evening practices.

If there's any other players besides Norwood, Williams & Hartwell, go ahead and list 'em.

Oh! Randall,

Flowery Branch, GA is the name of the municipality where the Falcons moved to, when they left Suwanee, GA.

I'm curious to know if Alge Crumpler is really healthy? :D

Who looks to be playing better...Boley or Williams?

Same here...funny to say being a Saints fan, but I've always liked Crumpler and of course I'm a fan of former Southern Miss Golden Eagle Boley.

Any more updates, BS1?

Even though Flowery Branch sounds a bit ghey :D I'm interested too. Any first hand accounts this time of year are priceless.

Edited by Randall

After getting rained out Sat & then having to go get my oldest from his favorite Aunt & Uncles yesterday, (Temple GA. for those who get a kick out of quaint Southern country town names) the good lord willing I'll catch todays TC.

I'll have my eyes on all players mentioned.

Just got back from todays (Monday) practice.

Mainly watched the RB drills, WR drills & QB's.

First part of practice was focused exclusively on KO & Punt returns.

Rossum is definitely the man here. Looked to have his quicks back, after what I thought was a sub par year from him in 2005. Very smooth and good acceleration. Was able to get to the corner on one return and turned on the jets for a nice gain. Showed his experience by always going where he wanted, as opposed to being funneled to a certain spot by the coverage team.

Redd was the next best looking returner and may get a roster spot because of that. Looked good at WR in the drills, but dang he's little.

As if the injury to Finerann left any doubt, Jenkins & White are THE Falcon Receivers. Both looked smooth and fluid in drills and White beat his man for a deep TD from Schaub. Of course the CB he beat was not Hall or Williams, but it was still good to see him outrun the CB on him (Rossum) and make the over the shoulder catch.

Probably the best behind those two, was Youngblood or Redd with honorable mention to Bonner. Pathon looks pretty bad. Balls bouncing off his hands, uninterested slop routes. Maybe he was feeling the heat, because I've seen him actually play before and he never looked this bad. I was liking Youngblood quite a bit until I saw him actually go one on one with Jimmy Williams. Youngblood got his feet tangled up trying to get around Williams and ate turf, leaving Williams the easy pick.

In the RB drills Norwood is as quick as advertised. His legs are really slender though, like a greyhounds. Hands seemed pretty good to me. Dunn was Dunn and Duckett looked fat & slow compared to those two. Of course Duckett also looked like a freakin' monster when standing beside them. He is a BIG man for a RB.

When the Superstar made his appearance it was similar to a rock concert. All of these little teenage girls and surprisingly enough, quite a few women pressed forward screeching for him. My guess is Ron Mexico could spread his herpes no problem if he wanted to.

First work Vick & Schaub did was with the RB's only. No defenders just QB, FB & RB. Vick's 1st pass was a little 10 yarder to Dunn.

It was straight into the dirt at Dunn's feet :D

I thought to myself "Oh boy! Here we go again".

But after that, Vick was pretty accurate. Later I did see a couple of missfires on sideline out patterns to the WR's, but I think that was the WR's fault, not Vick's. At keast I heard the Coaches chiding the WR's on those two particular throws, so I'm assuming it was their fault.

Schaub looked very good. I didn't see one bad throw from him. DJ Shockley was in and looked Ok. They have a 4th QB in Randall, who has been on & off the practice squad. But that's what he is, a 4th camp arm who will be on & off the practice squad.

I wanted to see the kickers Derr & Yelk, because after releasing Peterson, those two are battling for the Field Goal Kicker spot. But that wasn't part of todays practice plan. I did see them kicking off the first part of todays camp as they were working on KO returns.

I'm happy to report that they looked like most kickers in coverage. Couple of Nancy boys hanging back hoping they don't have to get involved. :D

They had the 7 on 7's at the end and I saw Milloy blow through the middle for what would have been a sack. Blown assignment by the O'line from the screaming of the Coaches.

Another time I saw Boley run through and over Norwood, for what would have also been a sack. Norwood will have to work on his QB protection, before the Coaches are going to let him see game action.

All in all a fun day, but blazing and I do mean blazing hot!

Just got back from todays (Monday) practice.

Mainly watched the RB drills, WR drills & QB's.

First part of practice was focused exclusively on KO & Punt returns.

Rossum is definitely the man here. Looked to have his quicks back, after what I thought was a sub par year from him in 2005. Very smooth and good acceleration. Was able to get to the corner on one return and turned on the jets for a nice gain. Showed his experience by always going where he wanted, as opposed to being funneled to a certain spot by the coverage team.

Redd was the next best looking returner and may get a roster spot because of that. Looked good at WR in the drills, but dang he's little.

As if the injury to Finerann left any doubt, Jenkins & White are THE Falcon Receivers. Both looked smooth and fluid in drills and White beat his man for a deep TD from Schaub. Of course the CB he beat was not Hall or Williams, but it was still good to see him outrun the CB on him (Rossum) and make the over the shoulder catch.

Probably the best behind those two, was Youngblood or Redd with honorable mention to Bonner. Pathon looks pretty bad. Balls bouncing off his hands, uninterested slop routes. Maybe he was feeling the heat, because I've seen him actually play before and he never looked this bad. I was liking Youngblood quite a bit until I saw him actually go one on one with Jimmy Williams. Youngblood got his feet tangled up trying to get around Williams and ate turf, leaving Williams the easy pick.

In the RB drills Norwood is as quick as advertised. His legs are really slender though, like a greyhounds. Hands seemed pretty good to me. Dunn was Dunn and Duckett looked fat & slow compared to those two. Of course Duckett also looked like a freakin' monster when standing beside them. He is a BIG man for a RB.

When the Superstar made his appearance it was similar to a rock concert. All of these little teenage girls and surprisingly enough, quite a few women pressed forward screeching for him. My guess is Ron Mexico could spread his herpes no problem if he wanted to.

First work Vick & Schaub did was with the RB's only. No defenders just QB, FB & RB. Vick's 1st pass was a little 10 yarder to Dunn.

It was straight into the dirt at Dunn's feet :D

I thought to myself "Oh boy! Here we go again".

But after that, Vick was pretty accurate. Later I did see a couple of missfires on sideline out patterns to the WR's, but I think that was the WR's fault, not Vick's. At keast I heard the Coaches chiding the WR's on those two particular throws, so I'm assuming it was their fault.

Schaub looked very good. I didn't see one bad throw from him. DJ Shockley was in and looked Ok. They have a 4th QB in Randall, who has been on & off the practice squad. But that's what he is, a 4th camp arm who will be on & off the practice squad.

I wanted to see the kickers Derr & Yelk, because after releasing Peterson, those two are battling for the Field Goal Kicker spot. But that wasn't part of todays practice plan. I did see them kicking off the first part of todays camp as they were working on KO returns.

I'm happy to report that they looked like most kickers in coverage. Couple of Nancy boys hanging back hoping they don't have to get involved. :D

They had the 7 on 7's at the end and I saw Milloy blow through the middle for what would have been a sack. Blown assignment by the O'line from the screaming of the Coaches.

Another time I saw Boley run through and over Norwood, for what would have also been a sack. Norwood will have to work on his QB protection, before the Coaches are going to let him see game action.

All in all a fun day, but blazing and I do mean blazing hot!

Nicely done, BS1. :D We all appreciate this stuff.

Also, I just read this update from George Henry, a freelance Falcons-beat contributor to the Sporting News:

Coach Jim Mora cited QB Michael Vick, WR Roddy White, NT Darrell Shropshire, SLB Michael Boley CB Jason Webster and P Michael Koenen as having made the most gains in skills and conditioning during the offseason.

FYI for IDP'ers, you might want to keep a close eye on Michael Boley.

I will say it was nice to see one of our safeties doing something today even if only in 7 on 7's.

Falcons didn't have a safety willing to stick his nose in there last year.

Now they've got two physical safety's, in Milloy & Crocker. :D

Nicely done, BS1. :D We all appreciate this stuff.

Also, I just read this update from George Henry, a freelance Falcons-beat contributor to the Sporting News:

Coach Jim Mora cited QB Michael Vick, WR Roddy White, NT Darrell Shropshire, SLB Michael Boley CB Jason Webster and P Michael Koenen as having made the most gains in skills and conditioning during the offseason.

Yes, thanks for the report.