[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New Article - The Big 5 Rookie RB's

DMD

I had to dig a bit deeper on those rookie backs.

While college performance is not completely indicative of NFL potential, I found it interesting to see what those backs had done in college and it did change my opinions a little bit. Particularly with Addai, Bush and White.

And man - USC scored FIFTY-ONE rushing TDs last year. That was like four per game. Whoa...

Definitely changes my view of Addai. I still like Maroney and Williams as high upside backs for the middle rounds. I'd put Bush in that category too but he's been so overhyped that I'll likely miss him in all my leagues this year. Fine with me, let someone else overspend.

Definitely changes my view of Addai. I still like Maroney and Williams as high upside backs for the middle rounds. I'd put Bush in that category too but he's been so overhyped that I'll likely miss him in all my leagues this year. Fine with me, let someone else overspend.

No big celebration for your 201st post?

Agreed......there's already a bunch of guys in my local homer league talking about how early they are going to take Addai........I'll just plan on grabbing Rhodes several rounds later and use him as trade bait.... :D

:D Now lets not go overboard. At least Indy has a real offensive line.

Yeah, and Arrington ran 289 times for 2056 yards at Cal in 2004 to lead the nation... wait a minute...

He was the only one that had red flags about his durability which I mentioned.

Addai has had a history of injuries as well including the knee. He was also considered to be wearing down towards the end of last season even though it was only 12 games long.

Im skipping over all of the rookie crop runningbacks in my dynasty/Auction league... Since it was an auction league with contracts and what not, there isnt a lot of veteran backs in the draft, thus, this rookie crop is going to be overvalued...

It seems like this is just a down year for runningbacks... Last year we had Brown, Benson, and Williams... Other than Bush, I don't see any of the other guys being huge guys a few years down the road...

Next years rookie class looks like it could be incredable though...

I gave out that information earlier for free...

:D

I was right there with ya, BB, and Swiss tore me a new one :D:D ...although I deserved it for mistakenly harping on Addai's subpar receiving skills, which are apparently above average, but still, I just see this kid going way too high in mocks. Like I said in the other thread, I'd gladly take Rhodes in the 6th and let my league mates blow a 3rd rounder on the risk of Addai.

Other than Bush, I don't see any of the other guys being huge guys a few years down the road...

That's an interesting take. Why would the CoP RB of the top 3 RBs taken this year be the one who would be the most productive? I see big things In D Williams future, and I like Maroney to come close to being a stud in a year or two (but not quite getting there) - sooner if all of Dillon's previous work starts affecting his performance. Addai is the one of the top 5 RBs that I thought was most probable to be a bust, with White being the next most likely.

And remember, historical data trends very strongly toward only one stud coming out of this year's top 5 RB crop, and that at least two will most probably be unmitigated busts.

Edited by Bronco Billy

So glad this information came out later for people to read via internet. But I had this information last yr and more came out at the end of the Super Bowl I think the Colts was Deseparate. Thats why I pass and pass on the rookie Colt RB. They hit HARDER in the NFL.

Addai will be the biggest bust of this season's crop, just too fragile. Maroney will be the best back from this draft and will lead the league in rushing within his first four years.

Your Maroney prediction might carry a little more credibility were Pat not standing there 2 inches to the left of it. :D