[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is anyone else nervous about Carson Palmer?

FishFreak

I'm not entirely sure what is the truth and what is disinformation out of Bengals camp right now. A prime time game is a perfect opportunity to put doubt in competitor's minds about Carson's status. From what limited clips I've seen of him practicing, I think he'll play opening day.

I'm not entirely sure what is the truth and what is disinformation out of Bengals camp right now. A prime time game is a perfect opportunity to put doubt in competitor's minds about Carson's status. From what limited clips I've seen of him practicing, I think he'll play opening day.

I have no doubt about him playing....but I don't see him getting 28 TD's...let alone 32 TD's...

the whole Bengals team has bad kharma right now....it reminds me of the Eagles from last year in almost a bizarro world version even...

palmer update from bengals.com

Bengals HC Lewis leaves decision to play in hands of QB Palmer

GEOFF HOBSON

8/15/2006

Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis said Tuesday that the decision when to play Carson Palmer on his reconstructed left knee is pretty much in his Pro Bowl quarterback’s hands.

Lewis said Palmer doesn’t have to play Friday night in Buffalo in order to start the Sept. 10 regular-season opener and he said they’ll decide later in the week if Palmer goes against the Bills. But if Palmer doesn’t play any preseason games, he won’t start against the Chiefs to begin the season.

“I can’t get into his skin. He has to decide,” Lewis said. “The doctors say he’s ready to go (medically), it’s just when we unwrap him.”

Asked whose call it is, Lewis said, “Carson.”

Lewis said the club remains on the same schedule, which going off last week Palmer gets about 75 percent of the snaps

Not nervous at all, everything i've seen outta camp is he's ahead of schedule.

He's moving well, making cuts, drop backs, roll outs. With a month till the season, i don't see him playing but one preseason game and just keeping himself fresh and using practice to adjust his timing with Chad and the others.

Says the guy who took him as the 4th QB off the board... :D

And didn't Palmer tear 3 ligaments, not just the ACL?

McAllister and Culpepper are in the same boat in terms of my cheat sheet...they are not on it. These guys will struggle to perform at the level they have in the past during this season.

The injury is probably structurally more difficult for a RB, but psychologically more difficult for a QB. The RB knows he's going to get hit...every play. He also typically knows when. The QB has this huge blind side on every passing play.

I like the way Culpepper is going about it. Granted he's had more rehab time, but getting on the field is important. He also had much more motivation to get back on the field quickly than Palmer. He knew his time in Minnesota was done. He knew he was going somewhere. He wanted to be ready and he didn't want to be in a situation where he might have to wrestle the starting position from someone else. Palmer knows what his situation is.

As such, I would expect a better season from Culpepper overall given that he'll play in more games. I also think he'll do better on average in the games that he plays than Palmer will.

Fogg

I've already traded for him in one keeper league and am trying to get him in another. He may miss a game or two at the start of the season, but, in the long run, he's going to be special IMO. His value is as low now as its probably ever going to be.

:D

:D

No.

+1 - redraft he might not round into form until late Sept, but he still has one of the best OLs, Rudi + Perry, and a terrific WR corps to take the pressure off.

Keeper/dynasty, I wouldn't even think twice about it - I'm not thinking twice about it, as a matter of fact. :D

He's a great athlete with the smarts to be even greater. I just hope that his injury doesn't stop him from realizing his potential. You have to give him credit for hanging in there in the 2004 season and just getting better and better. In 2005 he was clearly the reason for the success of the Bengals. If he can overcome these difficulties he's a contender to make people say"Peyton Who?"

and I believe he dislocated his kneecap, which can't be good.

I've done this. It hurts like a mother, but I was back to normal in six weeks.

I'm not worried about Palmer because he doesn't rely on mobility to be successful. He's got a good line, a good running game and great receivers. I'd be much more worried about him if he'd injured his throwing shoulder.

I really get the feeling Carson doesn't feel ready. It could be a ploy to "feint" a little lack of confidence, but I doubt it.

Maybe he doesn't see the point in risking his health in a game that doesn't matter. Maybe he thinks he's the best QB in the league and won't have any rust or would rather work the rust off in a real game, but i think he's too smart for that.

Something just doesn't seem right though.