[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So yesterday my 11 year old son asked me ....

Grits and Shins

Free leagues suck. He might as well learn that early. Have him use some of his allowance or hard earned chore money and join a real league. There's a BOTH league I commish that has an opening. I'm certainly not above taking an 11 year olds money. :D

Just sent you a PM about the opening. I may be interested if you're OK with it.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posts like this will not make the situation any better... :D

I look at it this way it can't get any worse. I've done nothing to be on that dick's ignore list. So I don't care about making it better cause I'm angry now. I'm going to abuse him like he abuses other people. Bad move grits. But remember folks it's all in fun. :D:D

Besides I'm on his ignore list so he can't read any of this. So it's like therapy for me.

Edited by irish

Besides I'm on his ignore list so he can't read any of this. So it's like therapy for me.

:D Very funny.

Actually, he can read this part since I quoted you...unless I make the ignore list as well. Hopefully not.

Edited by The Wolf

:D Very funny.

Actually, he can read this part since I quoted you...unless I make the ignore list as well. Hopefully not.

Thanks for quoting me then. :D:D:D

Hopefully you don't make the list. I imagine you might as he doesn't need good reason to ignore someone.

Edited by irish

Thanks for quoting me then. :D:D:D

Hopefully you don't make the list. I imagine you might as he doesn't need good reason to ignore someone.

Nah...I think Grits and I are cool. I'm rarely on the board...look at the number of my posts...and don't really cause trouble...IMHO

I was rather non-committal on the topic. My wife already hates the fact that I play and I'm concerned about her reaction to getting my son involved. I will likely try to spin it into a father-son kind of bonding activity being good for us ... and find him a free league to play in.

"Well, you see, son. Mom hates the fact that I waste so much time with this fantasy stuff instead of spending it with her doing something meaningful that I'm afraid this could set you up for a long series of heartbreaking relationships with women later on your life.

So never draft a QB in the first round and always start your highest scoring players...."

:D

My son(he's 6) started asking me questions about fantasy football this week when I told him why my old neighbors were coming to visit us at the end of this month. When I explained that the dad is driving back to do our live draft in the league we are in together, he started asking questions. So Sat him down and tried to let him know exactly how it works. Just when I thought he grasped it, he says, "will you draft shockey so I can meet him?" :D

My son(he's 6) started asking me questions about fantasy football this week when I told him why my old neighbors were coming to visit us at the end of this month. When I explained that the dad is driving back to do our live draft in the league we are in together, he started asking questions. So Sat him down and tried to let him know exactly how it works. Just when I thought he grasped it, he says, "will you draft shockey so I can meet him?" :D

That's a great story. My daughter is 8 weeks old and will be coming to our auction in a couple of weeks. I hope to be grooming her for FF greatness. I will be paying for her Huddle subscription.

Edited by The Wolf

For the past couple years, we've set up a freebie yahoo league for our family. They can't wait to get started this year. My 7 year old mostly wants to think up team names, but my 11 year old is getting into it a bit.

Mostly it helps me talk them into watching football on Sundays since they can look for their players. This also works with non FF playing significant others. BTW, I think this dirty trick earns me a nomination for Smartest Huddler. :D

My son and I started last year when he was 14yo. The draft is the best, though. He mans the lap top while I man the cheat sheets. It was working out well, up until he inadvertantly took Sebastian Janikowski with our 6th pick! :D

That left a mark!

My son and I started last year when he was 14yo. The draft is the best, though. He mans the lap top while I man the cheat sheets. It was working out well, up until he inadvertantly took Sebastian Janikowski with our 6th pick! :D

That left a mark!

Is he up for adoption?

I started last year, when I was 13...a free draft is def. a good idea...yahoo's ok I guess for free leagues...but eventually, you gotta get him into some big money situations :D

My 9 year old has his first team this year. :D

He doesn't know a lot about football right now other than that he likes it. He's a bit confused about the rules from all the Playstation football games he has played. :D

I hooked him up with a good team in a public Yahoo league so he can learn the basics of running a team week to week. I''ll probably take him to a live draft or two to start teaching him about draft strategy.

My wife hs yet to comment on this development. :D

My 8 year old son asked the same thing recently. He's been spouting off players, numbers, stas and vitals for a few years now. Gets it from the Madden games. So he drafted his first FF team last night during the MNF game. He made the decisions and I offered some guidance. CuMar was on the board and I had to advise him onhis situation. Other than little things like that, he did well. Only 10 teams and he had the 3rd pick. We'll see how the little bugger does.

My son turned 13 early Sept last year so I gave him 1/2 Ownership in one of my local leagues. He has always gone to our league headquarters (A local small Sports Bar) for drafts and Chicago/GB games. He is die-hard Packer fan and I am a Bears fan. Most guys know him and the owner of this establishment is also in our league. He was thrilled to get 1/2 my team as a B-day present. He has advised me that we WILL have at least 1 GB Packer on our team this year (NOT!!!!). He has helped me prepare for the draft this year and often reads this message board over my shoulder or when I show him something amusing. Mom is great and just shakes her head!!!!!....The next generation of FFLers are in training and coming along nicely !!! :D

He doesn't know a lot about football right now other than that he likes it. He's a bit confused about the rules from all the Playstation football games he has played. :D

Mine is a fan of those NFL Street games. Probably good preparation for FF trash talking. :D

Come on Grits tell the truth. His real question was..."Dad why are you such a dick?" And then Grits said, "Ignore son." :D

:D i swear to God i was going to say the exact same thing (except I'm not witty enough to think of the "ignore: son" part)

I made his ignore list and am actually quite happy about it.