[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Homers

Duchess Jack

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure he is! Just like Chester Taylor and Frank Gore. :D

You'd be surprised - I actually got laughed at for drafting Gore in the 5th round of my local draft this week. I was speechless.

Oakland:

Doug Gabriel. With the disgruntle always under forming Porter in the dog house with the team. Gabriel will finally get his chance to shine and is worth a very late pick as #5-6 WR. I defintly think he’ll outperform is draft spot. Also, I know nobody like to talk about kickers, but you still need to draft one and Jankowski looked better than he’s ever looked before in this pre-season and he’ll go really late in drafts because of past performances.

Defensively, I think Fabian Washington looked great in the preseason. Kirk Morrison should do a really good job with his new role at MLB and Derrick Burgess could repeat as the sack leader in the AFC. All these guys have good value and will go lower in an IDP draft then they should just because their on the Raiders “bad defense”

Atl:

I dont know... Michael Vick? Roddy White? Everyone on offense except Crumpler and Dunn?

Seriously, though... I'm discounting Norwood, since he's not a sleeper any more, and all 3 receivers are already known about. That leaves Marlion Jackson... the only other RB on the roster. He's basically like TJ Duckett plus 2 inches minus 10 pounds... and in MUCH better shape and better conditioned. He's the only guy I really know to talk about with the Falcons, since everybody else is already on so many 'sleeper' lists...

Chargers: Vincent Jackson. This guy has shown flashes of promise. Big, fast, with good hands. He just needs to stay healthy.

I agree.

:D "For God's sake, Vincent, stay healthy!!!"

Oakland:

Defensively, I think Fabian Washington looked great in the preseason. Kirk Morrison should do a really good job with his new role at MLB and Derrick Burgess could repeat as the sack leader in the AFC. All these guys have good value and will go lower in an IDP draft then they should just because their on the Raiders “bad defense”

i think you are absolutely wrong about morrison and burgess not getting respect in IDP drafts...in the leagues I am in they get their due...as for washington a DB is a DB is a DB for the most part...the position is just so deep outside of the top few guys it really doesnt matter

Cowboys : Maybe TE Anthony Fasano? Parcels wants to run 2 TE sets, and Fasano is looking good and looks to have locked up the spot opposite Witten, who will be drawing all the attention.

WR wise Patrick Crayton should be #3 and Jamaica Rector (whose looked good in pre-season) #4, although the only reason to draft either is if Owens or Glenn gets hurt, unless you're in a pretty deep league, because again the 2TE sets they want to run.

Not really a sleeper but I think the D will perform much better than they are slotted (huddle has them #11, I would say 5 or 6). They've utterly dominated in preseason, and the schedule looks favorable.

Brandon Jacobs -- Almost a lock for 10+ TDs and slightly more yards than last year. He would be very valuable if anything happens to Tiki.

Sinorice Moss -- Keep an eye on him, Toomer ain't getting any younger. Moss is fast and could earn himself some significant looks if he gels with Eli.

The only problem is that Moss hasn't practiced hardly at all with a quadriceps injury.

I agree that Jacobs will get all the goalline looks and will spell Tiki more during the game.

Greg Jennings

+1 with a caveat.

I guess to the passing fantasy football aficionado, he's more than likely a sleeper, but does he really qualify as a sleeper to us hardcore fantasy football geeks here at the Huddle? :D

i think you are absolutely wrong about morrison and burgess not getting respect in IDP drafts...in the leagues I am in they get their due...as for washington a DB is a DB is a DB for the most part...the position is just so deep outside of the top few guys it really doesnt matter

You could be right but in a recent draft I was in F. Washington went in the very last round (taken by me) and Morrison went about 4-5 rounds after guys like AJ Hawk , J. Farrior and S. Quarels so that was why I typed that.

I guess Ryan Moats...unless you can count Buckhalter as a "sleeper"...he can be real productive...

I have in 3 leagues. He looked pretty frickin good lealing defenders and running downfield.

Jennings for the Packers. The guy doesn't look play a rookie.

+1 with a caveat.

I guess to the passing fantasy football aficionado, he's more than likely a sleeper, but does he really qualify as a sleeper to us hardcore fantasy football geeks here at the Huddle? :D

Good point and let me add another Tony Schefler. Geeks know about him as well. These two may not start game 1 but barring injury they will be productive.

Guys that are all over the radar IMHO and cannot be called sleepers.

Greg Jennings. He's been touted GB's #2 from the moment he was drafted, and has lit it up all off-season. He's not a legitimate FF WR yet, maybe a #5-6, but hey he looks damned good.

Tony Scheffler. Same reasons as above, he's gotten an awful lot of attention in the FF world since being drafted.

Jerome Harrison. While techinically he's a sleeper, to all the guys here at the huddle he shouldn't be. I've heard lots of chatter, and look at his stats so far. To you guys who say pre-season means nothing, eat a dyck. Harrison has moved from 4th to 2nd on the depth chart for Crennel, and IMHO is their best option at RB. By week 10 he should be the starter...

Not a "homer" pick, but Leonard Pope has locked down the starting TE spot in ARZ, and I'm staring to hear his name thrown around a little. Warner had some glowing reviews recently about how he likes having this athletic, 6 foot 8 monster around in the red zone because he can jump and has pretty good hands. (See, e.g., the recent goal line TD versus the Bears last week).

Probably not a viable starter in 12-team TE-mandatory leagues. But in very large leagues, or leagues that require you to carry more than 1 TE, he's at the top of my "speculative upside" TE list.

Seattle:

Maurice Morris would put up very nice numbers if SA is out for any time at all (he won't tho).

Bobby Engram has contributed nicely when thrust into the starting role.

I disagree slightly: Leonard Weaver could very well be the man if SA goes down.

Darryl Tapp is a rookie DE that might be a sleeper for IDP/dynasty type stuff.

You mean Daniel Graham? Or Ben Watson?? :D

He means Ben Graham, punter for the Jets.

Jets will have a very long season, but Chris Baker may be worth a flyer in TE-required leagues, not as a starter but as a guy with upside. He was a good receiver at Michigan State and showed some flashed last year before going down mid-season with an injury. he's had a very good camp and Mangini has had some nice things to say about him. I liked him as a potential sleeper before, and this is only reinforced by the end of the short-lived Doug Jolley experiment (he was traded to Tampa bay earlier this week), leaving little to nothing to compete with Baker at the TE spot.

rashied davis wr bears. bears wr's other than muhammad deserve little or no merit. he seems to be emerging as the #2 wr and has some serious big play ability. fantasy football viable???? not sure, yet.

What about WR Bradley? If he's fully recovered from his injury, he has a lot of upside.