[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Volek to the Chargers?

theeohiostate

Rotoworld:

The Chargers are reportedly on the verge of acquiring Billy Volek.

Volek threw one pass in Friday night's game. He's expected to be moved prior to the season. Volek would be the No. 2 QB in San Diego.

Ouch! He had waited his time and now he gets passed for Collins of all people.

This is absurd in the extreme. If they didnt want to go with Volek, why wait until the week before the season to bring in Collins? They knew exactly what they had in Volek. If he wasnt the man, then they could have signed Collins back before training camp so he could at least learn the offense. There are some things about this situation that we simply dont know. Lots of stuff going on behind the scenes that will eventually come out.

Dumb move by the Titans.

Volek was their "sure thing" in case Young wasn't ready or busted...

This also doesn't make much sense because the Chargers just drafted a QB...

Volek is fully capable of being a starter, could thiis be a slight lack of confidence in Rivers on the Chargers end?

On a brighter note, Billy's brother was my health teacher here out in California and still teaches in the district, so all of his family is here in California.

I'm with Spain.

It's not like Volek was an unknown qb to the Titans.

Waiting until a week before the season starts to bring in Collins is very odd.

Did someone in Tennessee just go "Holy oh poopy, we're about to start the season and Billy Volek is our starting quarterback!!" :D

This is an excellent move by A.J. Smith. I was very worried about going into the season with two untested QBs. Billy Volek will be a terrific backup for Rivers.

Don't know what Tennessee is thinking. Kerry Collins is not an upgrade. Good luck with all that.

the timing of all this is just bizarre. I agree with Spain, they should have brought in Collins earlier if they wanted to move Volek. I am curious what the compensation for TEN will be.

from the SD point of view, its a great pickup and shows they are trying to win it this year or next...

The Titans were going to be bad with or without Volek who is a borderline starter. What the pick-up of Collins really does is put Vince Young on the fast track to getting on the field this season. The Titans are still young and in rebuiling mode so at least they got something back for Volek who they would have probably lost after this season anyway.

Rumor has it that he has something to do with long time Titan General Council, Steve Underwood, being moved from Houston, to Nashville to take over operations.

http://www.titansonline.com/news/titans_ne....php?PRKey=3995

If the Titans attorney is playing GM, they have even more problems than I thought (unless Volek was banging HIS daughter).

Vince Young happened.

True, but Vince Young happened back in APRIL! If you want to get rid of Volek, bring in Collins in May. At least give him time to learn the offense. Again, I dont think we know all of the facts about what was going on behind the scenes. And we may never know for sure...

I think the short explanation here is that both Floyd Reese and Bud Adams have been DEEP in love with Vince Young since the national championship game.

I heard on the Pro Football Weekly radio show today that Fisher and Chow both wanted to pick Leinert and were furious when Adams and Reese insisted on Young. I guess you can't take the Texas out of Adams but Adams had to take Young out of Texas.