[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A little help from my Huddle friends

msaint

Guys, I just started contributing a FF blog to the New York Times, who's just starting to get into the FF realm on their web site -- http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/?p=16 -- and they allow discussion/comments afterward, like any blog out there. So, if you get a second, feel free to check it out and add your thoughts, keep the discussion going, etc. & make it seem like the most popular blog topic ever blogged in this blog-crazy world. There will also be other bloggers there waxing poetic about fantasy football. Should be some fun reading.

Mine is sort of a FF lifestyle/humor-meets-FF advice kinda thing. I have a feeling many of the people reading might be newbies to FF -- after all the Times isn't a giant hub of fantasy sports; in fact, the editors who started this blog are not getting paid for it & had to explain to their bosses what FF was before they got the go-ahead to cover it -- so they could benefit from some expert Huddler advice/input. I've always said that the average Huddler here knows more than most "experts" out there simply by osmosis thanks to all the great minds and enthusiastic information/advice/opinion sharing that goes on here, and to the Huddle writers who make us all smarter every week. Hell, Huddlers could take over one of the most venerable news institutions in the world and make it "Huddle East." :D

Anyway, just an FYI...check it out of you can. Thanks. .:D

I once quit a perfectly good job to play fantasy football full-time, but I’ll get to that in a second... :D

You must be a professional?

From another blog...

How Far for Fantasy?

By Charlie Hanger

It was my honeymoon. My wife and I were on the Big Island of Hawaii. It was Saturday, and my lineup had not been set. Priest Holmes was hurt, and Larry Johnson had to get into my lineup. This was a delicate situation.

I came clean. My wife gave me 30 minutes at an Internet cafe. I took 45, but pretty much stuck to the bargain. I am not proud of this.

But I’m also pretty sure I’m not alone. So here’s your chance to unburden yourself. Tell us about the lengths you’ve gone to satisfy your fantasy jones. Go ahead, you’ll feel better, I promise.

1 comments so far...

September 3rd,

9:39 pm

I have pictures. Inside of 60 minutes to my wedding and i’m setting my lineup in the hotel room instead of putting on my tux. Made it to the ceremony in the nick of time.

Posted by Tom (name changed for protection) :D

Edited by Randall

thanks for all the comments. weird thing is, it says i have 10 comments but i can only view two of them. anyone with more blog-viewing experience than i do have any insight into this? :D

thanks for all the comments. weird thing is, it says i have 10 comments but i can only view two of them. anyone with more blog-viewing experience than i do have any insight into this? :D

i just posted a reply but only noticed there was only one other before i did. It seems there is a reviewal process the posts must go through before they are viewalbe.

i just posted a reply but only noticed there was only one other before i did. It seems there is a reviewal process the posts must go through before they are viewalbe.

IT"S THE SAME for me. I could see 1 post and My post. That's It.

EDITED TO NOT DITTO

Edited by Thunder Chicken

Mark

I just posted as well and it says you now have 11. I can only see one and mine which says it is still pending moderation....

Perhaps the other comments have not been moderated?

Good luck

Hardrocker