[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowher's an ass

HowboutthemCowboys

Oh, just to clarify - even though the title is "Cowher is an ass", I don't think Cowher is an ass, I just think his approach to this game regarding keeping starters in and squeezing every point out in what by all standards is a blowout is out of character, and was wondering if there was any particular reason for it.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are a fun guy to argue with. :D Do you agree that if the Steelers took everyone out, and the Chiefs made a 'Frank Reich Bills over Oilers' type comeback that people would rip Cowher for not continuing to play ?

I wouldn't say take out the defensive starters, but take out the offensive starters. They REALLY don't need them to get hurt. For the 4th and 1 at the goal line, I do think that was kinda being an a-hole. Easily could have taken the FG and points, but went for a TD when leading by 24 in the 4th. It's not that they scored, but that they went for it on 4th down.

Oh, just to clarify - even though the title is "Cowher is an ass", I don't think Cowher is an ass, I just think his approach to this game regarding keeping starters in and squeezing every point out in what by all standards is a blowout is out of character, and was wondering if there was any particular reason for it.

Maybe he's afraid they will never score this many points again all year? :D

Do you agree that if the Steelers took everyone out, and the Chiefs made a 'Frank Reich Bills over Oilers' type comeback that people would rip Cowher for not continuing to play ?

Of course they would. That's the reason "people" don't become NFL coaches - they're idiots.

EDIT - on the flip side, if Roethlisberger blows out a knee playing late in a blowout, would people rip Cowher for leaving him in?

Edited by Chavez

They need a boost in the BCS standings? :D

Edited by cre8tiff

In 1968, Ohio State University, enroute to a national championship, defeated their bitter rival, the University of Michigan by a score of 50-14. Late in the game, Ohio State held a commanding 42-14 advantage and scored one final touchdown before converting a two-point attempt. When asked why he tried for the additional points, Buckeyes head coach Woody Hayes said, "Because I couldn't go for three!"

But we don't care if the defensive starters get hurt? :D

...Offensive people have a better chance of being hurt and there are more skill players on offensive. I mean, Offensive people aren't usually the ones giving the hits, but recieving them. You're less likely to get hurt if you are hurting people, and not recieving the hits.

Well, that's where we differ. I don't really have any problem with the way Cowher's coached this game, but I tend to think that he is a bit of an ass.

budlite's example makes my point - Woody was sticking it to the Wolverines because he hated them. I was unaware of any rancor between Cowher and Herm/the Chiefs.

Though I can't argue if he hates Edwards on general principle....

...Offensive people have a better chance of being hurt and there are more skill players on offensive. I mean, Offensive people aren't usually the ones giving the hits, but recieving them. You're less likely to get hurt if you are hurting people, and not recieving the hits.

You seen that turf? Anyone could bust an ACL or MCL at any moment out there.

budlite's example makes my point - Woody was sticking it to the Wolverines because he hated them. I was unaware of any rancor between Cowher and Herm/the Chiefs.

Though I can't argue if he hates Edwards on general principle....

Cowher has nothing against Herm that I am aware of. I think it was simply a situation where he was playing to put away a win.

we have played horrible in the second half all year.. every point is important. he was playing to the crowd too.. he owes it to us. steeler fans have had some bad weeks thus far. quit bitchin

I think to make the fans better, he should spread the points out to win more games, not run it up in one and never score again.

I have no problem with the way Cowher is coaching. It's the Chiefs fault for showing up so freaking unprepared. I applaud Cowher for really kicking them when they are down, because this Chiefs team needs to pull their collective heads out of their candy asses.

I agree.

Challenge the call to try to preserve a chance at a shut out.

Go for the TD because it was still at a point in the game when you don't take the foot off the pedal.

Edit to add: I thought KC's defense was a lot better than they showed today. Not only blown off the ball, but a ton of mental errors that just compounded things. Not even close to being a playoff team.

Edited by gilthorp

I'm not blaming anyone. Just pointing out that dudes on both sides of the ball are at risk.

I don't have a problem with running up the score, but Charlie Batch should atleast be in, it isn't like he will make mistakes right now, and he can hand it off as good as ben.